“Business Hotel with Personal touch”

Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai
Ranked #16 of 393 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Noida, India
“Business Hotel with Personal touch”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I landed in Chennai after 6 years and reached hotel few hours before scheduled check-in time. Was pleasantly surprised when I was handed the room key warmly without even doing usual tantrums like let me check it for you sir, or our usual check-in timings are blah blah. Stafff was very courteous and friendly..
Over next three days I enjoyed the warm atmosphere, including GYM, restaurants and Pool and all this in between my hectic business schedule full of meetings and sudden requests from partners to accommodate more meetings..
Do try the Non Veg Nalli Biryani (Can't go wrong with it)

Room Tip: Construction work in and around the city has forced many roads to turn as temporary one way so keep...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Situated next door to Spencer Plaza, this hotel is a wonderful base to explore the vibrant city of Chennai. Close to Express Avenue Mall and a short Auto ride to T Nagar. The hotel has spacious and modern rooms which are well equipped and the range of food option is superb. With a large outdoor pool, spa and hairdressers it definitely caters to all your holiday needs.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors have more daylight and feel fresher and more spacious
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
New Delhi, India
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The quiet hotel with spacious rooms and friendly staff is a delight after a long journey/ long day at work. I stay in Taj Connemara very often and is perfect for casual as well as business travellers. The gym is fully equipped, the swimming pool is beautiful and the pub is vibrant.

Room Tip: Choose the new wing..
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

And always a pleasure to stay. Things slow down and a oasis of tranquility in Chennai. Highly recommended . The pool and the central courtyard is a great place to unwind. Verandah is a great place for breakfast

• Stayed August 2013
New Delhi, India
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Hospitality was at its best in this hotel, staff so receptive to your requests. Very friendly and helpful staff members. very comfortable rooms with good amenities. There were minor problems with the shower cable but was rectified immediately. Food was excellent. Location is central as we had gone with the core objective of shopping for south indian saris on the occasion of our son's wedding, we were very happy with the close proximity to all stores. We had a great holiday-cum-purpose shopping because after a tiring day; we were so comfortable in the room with super tasting food each day.

Room Tip: Choose a corner room with garden view, it is serene to look out at the beautifully manicured green f...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 26, 2013

First, let me preface my review by stating that this review is for my 2-week stay at this property in 2007, but I checked with the hotel and they told me that they would love it if I wish to post a review here at TA about my stay at their hotel.

I stayed here for nearly 2 weeks in 2007; I did not choose the hotel myself, and rather, the Chennai-based company for which I was doing some consulting put me up here. I found the hotel excellent in all regards. It has Old World ambiance and charm, and the room in which I was placed was clean, well-furnished, and spacious; it even had a balcony overlooking an interior courtyard garden!

I ate a number of meals, particulalry breakfast, at the hotel, and the breakfast meal, which had a buffet available, was great, because it offered a good selection from American-type breakfast foods (i.e., eggs, bacon, sausage, hot cereals, cold cereals, etc.) Continental breakfast foods (a much lighter fare centered around coffee or tea, and even some Indian selections as well.

All of the hotel staff whom I encountered were helpful, although I hit a minor problem with the language barrier at times, but those problems remained quite minor.

During the first day of my stay, I realized that I forgotten to pack cotton swabs (aka Q-tip cotton swabsTM) in my loggage, and, when I asked at the front desk if they knew where, in the stores near the hotel, I might be able to find cotton swabs (I even drew a picture for them, as an illustration of what I was talking about), they were not able to help me at all. I then remembered that I was in India, and that in the cities of India, almost anything you are looking for can be found by simply walking around on the sidewalks for a few minutes.

And so, I headed out to the sidewalk in the afternoon sun, and for about 15 minutes I walked around all of the sidwalks and paths near the hotel. In short order, I was approached by a young girl, a roving sidewalk vendor, carring a box of items which she was selling, and they were mostly cosmetic, aka health and beauty items. I spent a minute looking through her box, whereupon I found a large ziplock bag full of cotton swabs for a few ruppees! Much the same thing happened a few days later when I desired to read a copy of the New York Times; I simply hit the sidewalk, and, within minutes, a roving sidewalk vendor approached me and offered me current copies of each of several major US and UK newspapers!

I used the Internet-connected PCs located in the business center in the lobby a number of times during my stay, and I never had any problems with the PCs nor with the Internet connection.

Overall, if I were to visit Chennai again, I would love to once again stay in this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Taj Connemara was probably the best Taj brand hotel we have stayed in India. As we travelled throughout the country we experienced Taj hospitality in various cities but Connemaras service was Above and beyond others. I could easily say this hotel had the most informed , resourceful and. Courteous front desk. Girija, Ganeshan et al were a a class of their own. We also were greeted and assisted by the bellboys who were very helpful and went beyond their way to help our children. The restaurant open 24/7 is a god send. Our children were net lagged and were waking up at night. You could always go there and get delicious warm food or get the best room service one could expect. Like others we also enjoyed the delicious South Indian and western food at the buffet. Our waiter Baskhar was especially kind and resourceful ... Always making sure even the littlest one had their favorite dish. The Chef would come ask for feed back and adjust things to your liking. We were given large suite near the pool. One hAd to just walk out of the back door to the pool. It was beautiful, warm and clean . However there are no lifeguards . Overall we had the best time at Connemara. Truly believe its very underrated in tripadvisor . I would rate this as my #1 experience overall including location.

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chennai (Madras)
Nungambakkam
Taj Club House
Taj Club House
#17 of 393 in Chennai (Madras)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,087 reviews
Nungambakkam
Taj Coromandel Chennai
Taj Coromandel Chennai
#4 of 393 in Chennai (Madras)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,050 reviews
The Leela Palace Chennai
#1 of 393 in Chennai (Madras)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,324 reviews
Park Hyatt Chennai
#7 of 393 in Chennai (Madras)
ITC Grand Chola, Chennai
#2 of 393 in Chennai (Madras)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,587 reviews

Been to Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai? Share your experiences!