Although the heritage badge is appropriate, this doesn't mean that sanitary standards should be substandard. The public toilets were filthy, one of our rooms was not cleaned (hairs in toilet, urine on toilet seat) and the white bed linen had some questionable stains. There were mosquitoes everywhere, one poor guy was responsible for the complete eradication of the mosquito population equipped with an electronic mosquito zapper. Not a hope in hell.
That said, staff were eager to please.
The whole place just felt a bit tired (and smelly). With so many great hotels to choose from, it just is not worth going to this Taj.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai is the city's only heritage hotel, built in 1854 as the Imperial Hotel, renamed Albany in 1886, finally re-established as The Connemara in 1890. It was an Art Deco look that the Connemara sported when it ‘reopened’ in 1937. And the legendary architect Geoffrey Bawa added his touch to the tower block and linking pool in 1974. Today, it is infused with the spirited style of Vivanta by Taj. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Connemara, Chennai Hotel Chennai (Madras)
- Hotel Taj Connemara Chennai