I really liked this hotel. It still maintains some of its old colonial style and character. The rooms are large and comfortable and the AC works just fine. The pool area is pleasant and well-kept. The restaurants are very good and the service was very accommodating. It also won't bankrupt you to stay here, in contrast with some of the Taj's other glitzier options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai is the city's only heritage hotel, built in 1854 as the Imperial Hotel, renamed Albany in 1886, finally re-established as The Connemara in 1890. It was an Art Deco look that the Connemara sported when it ‘reopened’ in 1937. And the legendary architect Geoffrey Bawa added his touch to the tower block and linking pool in 1974. Today it is infused with the spirited style of Vivanta by Taj. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, DerbySoftTaj, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Connemara, Chennai Hotel Chennai (Madras)
- Hotel Taj Connemara Chennai