Sheer dissappointment ! Staff however was as good as any other taj property but the property is indeed in tatters...with leaking roofs and seeping walls. The least that could have been done was to do some maintenance... Heritage property can be the ruse but I have stayed in other taj heritage properties and this one does fall in that league...infact taj is risking it's repute by tagging its name to this property....Cleanliness was a concern everywhere be it the rooms or the pool area.... We were given a room which was smitten with dust . On the brighter side food was excellent & staff living up to the Taj legacy rest all the less spoken is better!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai is the city's only heritage hotel, built in 1854 as the Imperial Hotel, renamed Albany in 1886, finally re-established as The Connemara in 1890. It was an Art Deco look that the Connemara sported when it ‘reopened’ in 1937. And the legendary architect Geoffrey Bawa added his touch to the tower block and linking pool in 1974. Today it is infused with the spirited style of Vivanta by Taj. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Connemara, Chennai Hotel Chennai (Madras)
- Hotel Taj Connemara Chennai