“They delight you!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand by GRT Hotels

You added Grand by GRT Hotels to your Saves list
Grand by GRT Hotels
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120, Sir Thyagaraya Road | T.Nagar, Chennai (Madras) 600017, India   |
Offers & Announcements
₹4,499 (INR)
Ranked #12 of 370 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“They delight you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

GRT Grand is my first choice for stay in Chennai. It is located off Anna Salai, close to most big business houses, and 45 mins away from the airport. The hospitality is the best i've seen, with very no-nonsense but helpful staff. The hotel has some of the best reastaurants in town, and a good fitness room. The rooms are tastefully decorated and fairly large, even if it is the single occupancy, deluxe rooms. The bathrooms are clean, and beautiful, especially executive rooms and above. The mini bar is well stocked, and the TV has a wide range of channels for our viewing. I have never had a bad moment here, and look forward to going back for the next trip.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
ChennaiGrtgrand, General Manager at Grand by GRT Hotels, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for the positive feedback on Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team, who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations, every time you visit us.

HP: 9840964282

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Thai first
Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

GRT Grand- Value for Monay

We Booked this Hotel on a hurry for my stay at Chennai because of an urgent meeting with Client.
We were Spectial about the Hetel at situated in the busy area of T Nagar.However it was a pleasant surprise once we reached Hotel. The Hotel was an absolute Value for Money.Situated on the Main T Nagar Road offering different Coushines for Breakfacst was ammezing.In particular the Speciality Restaurant as too good as it offers speciality South Indian foods.Located at the Central of the Business District of Chennai.Value for Money and Great Comfort.In particular the Specility Food Restaurant is awsome.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Chandigarh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

The service at The GRT Hotel was excellent, check in and check out team was pleasant and helpful. The rooms were very uniquely decorated, not like the usual boring hotels. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets were very nice too. The whole room and bathroom was extremely clean.
The restaurant in the hotel was excellent and could find many variety of food.
Walkable distance to Chennai's super busy shopping area where you can buy anything you wish for your family.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars

Mumbai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a conference, this place is a very well maintained property - this was my first impression. The room prices were quite reasonable for what it offered. I absolutely loved the buffet breakfast which was quite a spread...the service like checkin checkout was also very smooth. Of what I read at the hotel, its one of the oldest in chennai but looked very contemporary to me...thanks to the central location, I wont think twice before checking in...

Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Morgan Hill, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

It is a good hotel with a business center. I felt that the place had a damp smell, especially the bathrooms. Would have liked to see more lights. The view was good from the top of the eighth floor, and my guests enjoyed saying, 'they had never seen Chennai look this way from the top'....removes you from the crowded streets and gives you privacy. Foods were excellent. Satish the overall manager for all restaurants was very very friendly and very helpful. The staff in the kitchen even made me a rasam (soup) when I felt I wanted to eat light. Overall would recommend anyone going to visit Chennai to stay here. Just write to them to make improvements in their bathrooms by upgrading these. They are sparkling clean but could be better lighted and better looking.

I stayed in December of 2008 and January of 2009. Not October as stated above.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
ChennaiGrtgrand, General Manager at Grand by GRT Hotels, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for the positive feedback on Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team, who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations, every time you stay with us.

I have made note of the candid feedback that you have given and would like to assure you that necessary corrections would be brought in, from our end.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

As you pull up to the curve, you are politely greeted and welcomed in to a lavish and nicely decorated lobby. I check in and are relatively enjoying the stay in my room, the morning staff and breakfast is pretty good. During one of the many days of my stay at GRT Grand, I notice something moving on my bed, to my utter horror, I find out it was a cockroach. One on the bed, the other on the counter. This hotel is so expensive that they should ensure that a single cockroach doesn't exist in any of the rooms. We chose to stay at an expensive hotel to avoid these nasty bugs, but ended up paying for it. The first time we informed, a simple spraying was done. The second incident was on our last night of stay, and some nice staff members changed our bed and sprayed. Only to my asking was an upgraded room offered, at 10pm when we were to leave at 3 am, so of course we declined the offer since there was no point since we were in the midst of packing up as well

. The big bosses and supervisors didn't care about customer service or the bugs, they just smiled and said "Sorry M'am". Nothing was done to compensate and we stayed over a week at the hotel.

My advice, skip the GRT Grand, and pay to stay at the Marriott, unless you want to pay for an expensive and bug infested room.

A hotel like this doesn't deserve the name Grand, or it's "4 Stars". Who do they think they are charging those high rates for their rooms?

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank polkadots1

mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

GRT Grand Hotel, T Nagar, Located in the center of Chennai city, GRT Grand combines excellent amenities with renowned South Indian food. Its really awesome and pleasant hotel. I had spent 4 days here on business trip. Rooms are clean and in good condition. But when we reached in GRT we feel that we are out of not only Chennai, out of India. Interior was amazing. food is delicious and very tasty. All types of foods available like soUth indian,punjabi,gujju thali etc.Maintanence staff were helpful & friendly with us. Swimming pool is clean and good condition and we enjoyed a lot of fun in that pool. The place where this hotel is located is good connection to all important terminals of buses, trains and flights. Overall it is a good and wonderful experience for me staying in this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business