“Paradise of Chennai”

Grand by GRT Hotels
Ranked #15 of 397 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
trivnadrum
“Paradise of Chennai”
Reviewed November 16, 2009

I had a chance to stay at GRT Grand Days, T Nagar, Chennai for three days when I attended a wedding of one of my close relatives. My uncle booked me a room there and I was impressed when I entered the hotel for the first time. The hotel looks excellent and the rooms were well decorated and arranged. I very much liked the lift as I can view the hotel when it goes upwards. I also liked the food as I got my favourite dish for breakfast which is Idly and Sambar. The Idly was served hot and it was big and tasty as well.

The room boys cleans the bathroom everyday and new materials are kept. I was amazed to see how hygenic the hotel was. The behavior and way of approach of all the hotel staff has been very satisfactory. The staff even delivered the luggage to my room. I stayed during evening and a person will play the music live. It's nice to hear the pleasant sound from the topmost floor of the hotel.

I was very pleased with the service and support but the rates were too high. It would be helpful if the hotel reduces the tariff so that people of all levels can come and stay at the hotel.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
ChennaiGrtgrand, General Manager at Grand by GRT Hotels, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for the positive feedback on Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team, who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations, every time you visit us.

HP: 9840964282

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Pune, India
Reviewed June 16, 2009

This is a nice hotel with good surroundings. It is unlike normal 5 star hotel where you have big lobbies etc. The food is nice and the rooms are also good. The best part is the price that you get the accommodation is very good price. The location is good and being in the city center the connectivity is also good.

The food is really nice and offer good variety for both breakfast and dinner. The place may not look or have a lot of space but I am sure this will not be a concern to many. The level of service is good and people are friendly as usual.

• Liked — Price and food
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business

Mumbai
Reviewed June 13, 2009

Very comfortable hotel. The rooms are clean and spacious,spotless sheets, service is prompt, room service is responsive. The hotel provides all standard amenities expected in a modern hotel and manages to convey an oldworld tamil charm in providing good service.

• Liked — comfort
  • Disliked — na
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business

mumbai
Reviewed June 12, 2009

The hotel staff was very cordial and warm in their approach.

The food was great , and rooms were spacious and comfortable.

The bathrooms were also good and room service was fast.

I would recommend all business personnel to go to this hotel.

Thank you.

• Liked — Spacious
  • Disliked — tv
  • Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

ROPAR
Reviewed June 10, 2009

The hotel is magnificent I have experienced good service.The breakfast and dinner are good.Hotel staffs are courtious and well behaved.Rooms are good and facility like wi-fi,room service are good.We enjoyed our stay here.

Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Thank you for the positive feedback on Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team, who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations, every time you stay with us.

I have made note of the candid feedback that you have given and would like to assure you that necessary corrections would be brought in, from our end.

Navi Mumbai
Reviewed June 2, 2009

I am staying in this hotel since last 8 years and I always to stay here during my business trip to Chennai. The hotel is magnificent and incredible service they provide during stay. I am having their GRT CONNECT card no -G50447,

I normally stay at Standard room, but some time they up grated on the club level and club lounge where different food presentations are laid out each day. During in the afternoon we normaly do at Copper point where we get delicious food specialy See food (Prawns) i love very much.Restaurants are great. Normans is very smart

Overall I would say this is probably the best hotel 4 star group we have ever stayed and I am extremely happy.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business

Mumbai
Reviewed June 2, 2009

The GRT Grand is a very good hotel to stay while on a business trip. The hotel staff is very warm and helpful.

The daily buffet breakfast that is offerred has a very good spread. The dishes range from South Indian delicacies to North Indian dishes and some western dishes as well.

They have varieties of idlis that are made which is exciting for ones pallette.

The rooms are big and spacious with both LAN and wireless connectivity and their IT support is good as well.

• Liked — It size and warmth
  • Stayed June 2009, traveled on business