“Right business choice”

Grand by GRT Hotels
Ranked #15 of 400 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for comfortable stay with the best affordable price of a 3-4 star hotel in Chennai then your search ends here. Considering room service,f&b everything is good about this hotel. The sumptuous breakfast has a varied range and the in house menu is priced as per a 4 star hotel but as this hotel is situated in t nagar which is a good place in Chennai one can venture out for food.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Anindita21
ChennaiGrtgrand, General Manager at Grand by GRT Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the positive feedback on Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team, who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations, every time you visit us.

There are newer reviews for Grand by GRT Hotels

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Our experience at the GRT Grand Chennai was an pleasant one from the time we arrived till the time we checked out. The hotel was great in many ways based on location, ambience, food and most importantly the people.

Room Tip: Even the basic superior or deluxe rooms were grand.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JUJU7567

Reviewed July 3, 2014

GRT is the right combination of the right price, friendly staff and great food. Perfect recipe for a great stay. Of specific mention in their Operations Manager Peer Mohammed and the entire staff at Any Time Restaurant. Have stayed 3 times in past 1 year and every time they score a perfect 10 !

Room Tip: Get any floor above 3. Much quieter and good.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Having stayed at the same hotel before, but currently the hotel is under renovation. The staff seemed to have changed at all desks. Hence, the service level has gone down. I had requested for a room change on the first day, though the staff at the reception promised to do the same, it had not been done. The breakfast quality had also gone down. The AC in the lobby of the seventh floor was not functioning may be due to the renovation.
I hope things would improve.

Room Tip: Take rooms with a wooden floor to avoid the smell of the carpet during monsoon
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the positive feedback on Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team, who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations, every time you stay with us.

I have made note of the candid feedback that you have given and would like to assure you that necessary corrections would be brought in, from our end.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I arrived at the hotel on 12 June 2014 at 11.30 pm.

Upon checking in I was asked the time that I was going to check out the next day.

Imagine my dismay as I had booked and paid for 2 nights via Agoda. And when I pointed this out to the reservation clerk, I was informed that I had to check with Agoda. I had to show them my voucher to convince them about my booking.

I had called the hotel reservation department a day after my booking on 13 May and again on the 10th of June to ensure that they had my booking and my request for renovated rooms.

It was only after I highlighted that I had requested for renovated rooms, that I was upgraded to a better room, though it was still one that was not renovated.

I called the reservation department the next day to confirm that my confirmation was for two nights. And there was no explanation as to the reason for the error given to me.

By the time I went to bed that night it was almost 1 am. And I was awakened at 5 am from noises from the pipes beside the room which went on every few minutes until I informed the duty manager at 7 am.

While in the room and resting in the afternoon the next day, the phone rang and when I picked it up, the person hung up in hearing my voice.

When I was in the shower on the day of my departure, the phone rang again at about 7.30 in the morning.

The reason for the call was to enquire about the time that I was checking out.

I will be avoiding this hotel on my next trip and consider it again when the renovation is completed.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Stayed here for 2 days and it was a wonderful experience. Right from getting out of my taxi to checkout, it was a very efficient service from the staff and support.

I came in for breakfast very close to the end time of 10.00 AM but was allowed to have my breakfast at leisure and there was staff checking if I needed anything. The buffet spread was amazing as also the Fitness Center.

Keep it up GRT Grand.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Good Infrastructure and Quality Services in terms of Food and Beverages, House keeping etc.
Total Peace and Neat atmosphere in this Hotel. Good Rear View of the Roof Top and Banquet Hall and Convention center is also very fully equpied with all facility and good

Room Tip: no specific comment
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family