“Classy place at convenient location”

Grand by GRT Hotels
Ranked #15 of 415 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Had to stay at the Grand only for a couple of days, but one experience stood out. My sleep. I bet, nowhere else in the city of Chennai can you sleep as peacefully as in the Grand. The service is awesome, food is good and a convenient location in the city. The personnel of the hotel are ready to help and extend their hospitality when asked. I asked for a late checkout of about 6 hours was got it. Only con of this place, the pub is expensive as is in all the top hotels.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
ChennaiGrtgrand, General Manager at Grand by GRT Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the positive feedback on Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team, who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations, every time you visit us.

HP: 9840964282

Write a ReviewReviews (1,002)

Reviewed March 31, 2013

GRT GRAND is a well maintained business hotel .Rooms are good .I stayed in a single room and it was very comfortable Location is the city centre.
Keep it up. Always recommend this for business stay. Should give some discount for day use only.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed for a night (15th March 13) with my family. The reception area is quite impressive and the check in was smooth.

We stayed in two interconnecting Superior rooms, very convenient for our family of five. The rooms are well equipped, quite up market for the category and well kept. The beds are comfortable and the bed sheets are really skin-friendly.

The south Indian thalis are awesome and we enjoyed a sumptous lunch as soon we checked in. The room service guys took pains to explain each and every item of the food served, very nice, really.

We tried out the Mediterranean restaurant for dinner. We had some Israeli and Lebanese dishes, which were very tasty.

The spa was fully booked and I did not have the time to check it out as we stayed only for a night.

The staff is friendly and courteous.

The best thing about the hotel is the proximity to the airport and also to the major shopping malls in Chennai. We most probably will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was on business trip last week and booked the hotel through Jet Airways portal. Booking was smooth and upon being reached I found the hotel too was great. It had location advantage as it is in the town and just 16 km from the city airport.

I took a non-smoking single room and found it well maintained and provided with Complimentary water bottle, electric kettle, mini-bar etc. However, i didn't see any toothpaste in the washroom and milk sachet in the tray. But this might have been a slip by the room service..I am just reminding and not complaining, Housekeeping to be more careful when making the rooms.

Room came with complimentary b'fast and the restaurant called ANYTIME was good. Ambiance too was good with better taste though lesser variety.

Staffs were too good and i rate them 8 out of 10. Finally, I recommend this hotel to the visitors.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 27, 2013

During my visit to Chennai in March I along with my family stayed at GRT.
From the moment we entered we were treated like "royalty" , with smiles, courtesy and polite calm manners. The cleanliness is to be commended, the hotel is always busy but not once could we spot any untidyness in the lifts, lobby, toilets and other general areas.
Our rooms were cleaned to the T every day, and the bathrooms were left spotless after each service. The cuisine is excellent, tasty and very good value for money.
I most certainly will stay at GRT on my next visit and gladly advise other travellers to give it a try. It is exactly if not more what they claim to be.
Thank you GRT for making my stay a remarkable and memorable one.
Vasantha Naidoo
Deputy Director
Indian Academy of SA
Pretoria
Gauteng
South Africa

Room Tip: We loved the 9th floor, and enjoyed the lift rides from which we could view everything.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I always wanted to write a review for GRT Grand ,Chennai .One of the best hotels i have ever stayed during my busniess trip days.First of hotel is located in a very good location in the city of chennai .So reaching would never be a problem.Next the service & room qualities are pretty good and well managed which will never make your face show reactions[-ve way].Morning breakfast is the one of the best in cities ,which best suites your appetite.On expense part i would say it to be little on higher side ,but when compared to all aspects it would surpass .

I would recommend all business travelers for a stay in GRT if you are in chennai.

Room Tip: Luxury Rooms can be preferred in case of single occupancy.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed for two nights on a trip to India. After staying 3 nights at the Hyatt Mumbai, we flew to Chennai and stayed here. The lobby fools you, it's great. But once you get upstairs.... watch out. The carpets are all very old and because of the high level of humidity in the rooms they smell. BAD! They moved me to the 9th floor where the floors were wood. The smell wasnt as bad but the drapes in the room seriously needed replacing. The bed was comfortable enough but the AC was horrible. What's worse, the hotel was on generator at night and you could smell the diesel fuel. The staff was accommodating but the hotel is in serious need of a makeover.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the positive feedback on Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team, who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations, every time you stay with us.

I have made note of the candid feedback that you have given and would like to assure you that necessary corrections would be brought in, from our end.