“Creativity and flexibility characterize this hotel as an excellent one.”

Taj Coromandel Chennai
Ranked #4 of 400 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for our school's module held in this hotel. The hospitality, greetings, restaurants, gym, and renovated rooms were all excellent. I did not pay directly, but from the prices I see on the internet, I believe this is true from cost-performance perspectives of this hotel category.

What characterizes this hotel as an excellent one is creativity and flexibility added to the satisfaction after all the expectations are met in a luxurious hotel. This ranges from something small such as monkeys and elephants made out of towels in your room to meeting breaks' high tea which were served with different themes and decorations. Most hotel staff were willing to respond to our requests with great flexibility.

The internet was excellent wherever I was. In my mind, the rain shower was luxurious knowing the quality of life outside of the hotel, but I enjoyed it so much.

With all this, no wonder why some prestigious guests have stayed in this hotel despite many other choices of luxurious hotels in the town. I will definitely consider this place if I have a chance to come back to Chennai.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Prakash N, General Manager at Taj Coromandel Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing a detailed review of your stay on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to note that your experience at Taj Coromandel has met your expectations and that you have had several memorable moments during your stay. Thank you for complimenting our associates – this surely will help us in our endeavour to achieve excellence.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the Hotel soon – it would be our pleasure and privilege to look after you.

There are newer reviews for Taj Coromandel Chennai

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have stayed at Taj Coromandel along with my Wife and Daughter during September 2013 for three nights on holidays, The First Impression of the Hotel was not up to mark because here we are talking about a "Taj",
This is our first stay in any Taj property but we heard a lot about the Luxury, the ambiance and the hospitality of Taj Hotels and obviously expecting the same. The check in was smooth and were given the refurbished poolside room, in my package we were supposed to get an upgrade to club room, but as the club rooms were old, tired looking and smelly we had no choice but to settle down for normal room, my wife was quite upset about it.
The refurbished room was fresh and clean but it was not comparable with other luxury hotels of the world like Hilton or Kempinsky, Taj has to improve further.
The swimming pool and health club facilities were good and my daughter a swimming enthusiast enjoyed the pool happily, although I felt that chlorine level of water was on higher side...I felt burning sensation in my eyes after swimming every time.
The jacuzzi of pool, sauna and shower at health club were amazing and classy, we enjoyed them a lot, I felt that they should allow a couple to take sauna together...I dont see any harm in it.
The sleep quality of bed was not truly world class ...the Leela and The Park in India are doing better.The shower in bath was very good we enjoyed it. Once I requested reception about switching off our air conditioning when we go out but Its surprising they could not understand my request despite my explainination that we dont need chilled room when we enter .
The breakfast spread was good and with lots of options accolades to chefs but the attendants at restaurant were less attentive and bored looking...we were there to see Taj Hospitality...
The best part of our stay is very thoughtful towel animals made by room cleaning staff...full marks to them ...
At last I want to say that we go to Taj with many expectations pse maintain it...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Prakash N, General Manager at Taj Coromandel Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share a detailed review on Tripadvisor.
I would like to apologize for some of the inconveniences you faced during your recent stay with us.
The Hotel is undergoing a phase-wise renovation and we will soon be upgrading the Taj Club Rooms in keeping with the best in luxury standards.
While we are glad that you liked the swimming pool and Health Club facilities, please be assured that the chlorine levels in the water are checked on a daily basis and are well within permissible limits.
All gymnasiums and health clubs in India are expected to have separate wet areas for men and women. However, I would like to inform you that the soon-to-be-launched Jiva Spa will offer several experiences for couples.
We have noted your comments about the quality of bed and have also addressed your concern regarding the air-conditioning in your room and the service efficiency at the Anise restaurant.
Thank you for choosing the Taj Coromandel and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Spending 14 nights away from your family is difficult at times but if you want to stay in a hotel of pure quality, look no further than the Taj Coromandel. It was evident from the offset, we were treated live VIPs and our stay was going to be the best. All the amenities , such as pool, gym, sauna, steam rooms etc were of the highest quality. The restaurants serving menus from all over the world meant you had the best options at the highest quality (disastrous if you can't resist the calorific options) . The room was very modern, with everything like lights, curtains, blinds controlled remotely and very spacious. There was a home cinema system with full surround sound meaning the time spent in your room was comfortable as well. The staff couldn't be more friendly and always went the extra mile to help. This has to be the best Hotel experience I've ever had.

Thanks Taj Coromandel for a very memorable stay. Craig

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor.
I am grateful to you for your compliments for our associates and I am glad to note that the experience has met your expectations.
I hope you had a chance to dine at our iconic South Indian specialty restaurant – Southern Spice. If not, I would like to recommend you do so for an authentic flavour of the four Southern States.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

From the greeting onwards you couldn't have asked for more. I arrived after a long train journey from Mysore at 10pm at night. The hotel seeing how tired I was checked me in very quickly asked if they could organise dinner for me or do anything. When we went to my room I was even asked if they could make me a tea - wonderful service, just what you would expect from a Taj. I had one of the heritage suits and it was large and airy. There was a wonderful bowl of assorted fruits waiting for me which was all I felt like at that time of night. Breakfast was excellent and I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Chennai

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor.
I am happy to note that your stay in the newly-renovated room at Taj Coromandel with enhanced facilities has met your expectations. We are grateful to you for your kind words of encouragement for our associates.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I recently stayed in Taj Coromandel with my family. A wonderful property of Taj, Nice rooms with a cool bathroom..The shower was amazing...Rooms were fitted with home theatre system and I did watch a movie with great sound effects...

The swimming pool was great and the life guard @ the pool was very helpful. The Change rooms were top notch..Breakfast was tooooo good...

One of the best stays I had in India...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

It is a great place to stay and the location is also very central . There are many places to see in chennai and can be made possible from here. The location is lively and we can move out all the time as the road is always with traffic round the clock.

Room Tip: The rooms above the 5th floor are peaceful and quiet
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Tripadvisor.
I would like to inform you that we have just launched Captivating Chennai – a bouquet of bespoke destination experiences curated by the Hotel. We do hope you will be able to experience one of these tours to explore the deep-rooted art, heritage and culture of this vibrant city.
We are grateful to you for choosing to stay at the Taj Coromandel and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Amazing Experience in Taj. Very calm location. Rooms are excellent. Nice lighting. Well Furnisshed Rooms. Very Cooperative Staffs. Amazing Food and Lot of Verieties. Rooms are comfortable. Very good Cable and Wifi Services

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor.
I am happy to note that the newly renovated room with enhanced technology at Taj Coromandel has met your expectations. Our associates are motivated to receive your appreciation.
I hope you had a chance to dine at our award-winning South Indian specialty restaurant – Southern Spice. If not, please do try it on your next visit.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel soon.