“Superb location”

My Fortune, Chennai
Ranked #30 of 397 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Bengaluru, India
“Superb location”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

One of the iconic hotels.
Very close to the American consulate.
The rooms are a bit dated and could definitely do with some refurbishing.
Otherwise the place more than makes up in terms of the enthusiastic staff and central location.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JnKumar
Matthew_R_Uthup, General Manager at My Fortune, Chennai, responded to this review, May 19, 2014

Thank You for your kind review of your stay with us at My Fortune Chennai !

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and have noted your observation.

We look forward to welcoming you back to My Fortune Chennai for an even more delightful experience.

Matthew Roby Uthup

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Polish first
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed here during 27-28 April 2014. I had stayed here a couple of times before. This is a good hotel, the rooms are big, but you can see it is old and lacks energy. The staff are good and food is also good... nice breakfast, etc. This time the corridors were smelling paint and room slightly damp smell.. They may have to do something about this. I believe they closed one set of elevators and you have to walk a lot reach your room if it is at the other end.

Room Tip: Select a room near the elevators
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Matthew_R_Uthup, General Manager at My Fortune, Chennai, responded to this review, May 4, 2014

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My stay in My fortune was very comfortable. The most I liked the hotel is friendly staff. The Fitness instructor was very helpful with very good knowledge about the instruments. Very courteous, friendly and helpful. The break-fast was excellent. Definitely would recommend this hotel to my friends and would like to stay in this hotel in near future. Shanthi - Legal Advisor, Dubai - UAE

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Thank You for your kind review of your stay with us at My Fortune Chennai !

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay .

New Delhi, India
Reviewed May 1, 2014

It was awesome experience with a nice large, neat and clean rooms with excellent services. Incredible experience. Nice and quiet rooms. Breakfast layout was pretty good and hygienic. Overall experience was very good. I have decided to stay with them during my future visits.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Matthew_R_Uthup, General Manager at My Fortune, Chennai, responded to this review, May 1, 2014

Thank You for your kind review of your stay with us at My Fortune Chennai !

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay .

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Came back to this hotel after a long time. Its now called My Fortune Chennai. Rooms are still beautiful and food is delicious. Service of food takes a bit long; however both the restaurants - the coffee shop and the indian restaurant have amazing food. Definitely recommended in case
one decides to stay in city.

Thank You for your kind review of your stay with us at My Fortune Chennai !

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and have noted your observation.

Pune, India
Reviewed April 29, 2014

formerly known as Chola Sheraton, this is one of Chennai's iconic hotels. since its rebranding as MyFortune, i have been here a few times & my first stay was bad. but my feedback was taken seriously & during my second stay, the hotel & staff had undergone a major facelift that was nice to see. a very small driveway & absence of spa services are major misses, but the location, rooms & staff nature are excellent. without a doubt, a great VFM destination in Chennai.

Room Tip: ask for rooms in the newly refurbished wing
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Matthew_R_Uthup, General Manager at My Fortune, Chennai, responded to this review, April 30, 2014

Thank You for your kind review of your stay with us at My Fortune Chennai !

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and have noted your observations.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Very central location and a great place to do events. The staff are helpful. But the property is quite old. The rooms are large and well done up but things like telephone and electrical touch connections don't work! However they get the repairs done very quickly once you bring it to their notice. Their mughlai restaurant is awful. Don't try the food there.. its just rich and tasteless and full of masala. When I went there for a early morning swim, it was just closed because it had been chlorinated a day before! strange !

2 Thank Ganga D D
Matthew_R_Uthup, General Manager at My Fortune, Chennai, responded to this review, April 29, 2014

Thank You for your kind review of your stay with us at My Fortune Chennai !

We have noted your observations and do look forward to welcoming you back to My Fortune Chennai for an even more delightful experience.