“Real India”

WelcomHotel Chennai
Ranked #43 of 403 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed November 24, 2013

If you are looking for a taste of the real India, look no further. I have stayed at this hotel many times and am always welcomed back generously. It is not new and could do with some facelifts but the staff, service and food are always excellent. It has a colonial charm missing in many of the newer builds. You get the feeling that people actually like working there as the same happy faces rarely change!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Matthew_R_Uthup, General Manager at WelcomHotel Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thank You for your kind review of your stay with us at My Fortune Chennai !
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. Your appreciative comments have been shared with the team.
It is reviews like this which motivate us to try even harder to achieve even higher Guest satisfaction.
We look forward to welcoming you back to My Fortune Chennai for an even more delightful experience.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Great hotel overall and has an amazing restaurant with delicous indian cuisine and helpful & polite staff!

And the hotel staff was great also, helpful and very kind.

The only issue I had wass some missunderstanding re. the wi-fi which was later on clarified.

I would definitely recomend this hotel to others in Chennai and will definitely chose it again and again and again for whenever I visit !

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Matthew_R_Uthup, General Manager at WelcomHotel Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Having stayed here for 3 nights, the plus include a great location, friendly staff, good breakfast and nice dining/entertainment options. I was disappointed with the lack of maintenance in the lobby areas leading upto the rooms from elevator onward. Leakages on walls/celings, dampness on the floor is not what is expected in a 5* property. Having shifted floors, the stay was fine.The hotel can definitely do well with upgrades.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms on the newly renovated floors & towards the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank indiantrotter
Matthew_R_Uthup, General Manager at WelcomHotel Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank You for your review of your stay with us at My Fortune Chennai !

We also thank you for the detailed observations and valued suggestions and appropriate measures are being taken.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

It was a pleasant stay with no fuss and no frills. immaculate clean rooms, very courteous staff. absolute must stay here. i was here for 3 days and 2 nights. it was a pleasure to stay. The food is absolute homely and lip smacking.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Matthew_R_Uthup, General Manager at WelcomHotel Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Had been to this Hotel last month for a couple of nights on a business tour. Would certainly recommend this hotel. Good rooms, very friendly service - in particular the Front Office staff was very efficient and prompt to any queries, requests, etc... Overall a good hotel for a business traveller.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool facing room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank You for your kind review of your stay with us at My Fortune Chennai !

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay.
Your review motivates us to try even harder to achieve a higher Guest satisfaction.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Getting upgraded to their club rooms might have biased my view about this place. But that doesn't change basics. Brilliantly located with Mount Road and the main business districts a short while away, this place used to be a Sheraton. The rooms befit the old moniker, spacious, airy, comfortable and well appointed. When it comes to meals, however, I'd recommend walking down to Karaikudi for a meal for some true taste of Chennai rather than the standard hotel fare.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. Or pay for it. Totally worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank You for your kind review of your stay with us at My Fortune Chennai !

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. Your appreciative comments are very motivating.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

It is know as Chola Sheraton by most local people.

Since it is one the old 5 star hotels, it has got its own legacy and fan following. Lot of celebrities stay in that vicinity and throng that place.

The rooms are fresh and spacious. They have a GYM and SPA too. Staff is very courteous and nice

They have a couple of other famous restaurant too. Worth trying

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business