“One of the finest Hotel in Fortune chain”

My Fortune, Chennai
Ranked #30 of 398 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Ghaziabad, India
“One of the finest Hotel in Fortune chain”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The overall ambience and treatment of the property is very upscale & can be compared to any 4-start property.
Also, this has to be one of the best properties with 'Fortune' chain of hotels. The food was good, I was upgraded to superior room both the times, so even the rooms were Great! I can say.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Vikram B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Polish first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a very nice business hotel with good amenities. Situated in a good location in Chennai. Room, Service, cleanliness are aprreciable. Breakfast is very good. The hospitality is awesome. This is highly recommended for any business trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rajesh Sekhar S
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel looks grand but the sanitation is very old. The faucets and the shower is leaky. The toilet flush also does not work properly. The elevator has an access card system that does not work and mostly guests need assistance from the staff to make it work. The food is good and the restaurant has the right ambience. The staff is also cordial and helpful. There is a lot of external noise from the road below, so choose rooms of the other side.

Room Tip: There is a lot of external noise from the road below, so choose rooms of the other side, away from t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank chalajathahoon
My Fortune C, General Manager at My Fortune, Chennai, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
11th July 2013

Greetings from Chennai!

At the outset I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at our Hotel on your last visit to Chennai!

Thank you, more so, for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our Guests and we apologize that we came short of your expectations.

We have addressed the issues listed in your review and would like to keep you informed that while immediate corrective action has been initiated we have also included the points mentioned by you in our proposed upgradation plan pf the Property.

We would like to assure you that our prime endeavor is to ensure Guests are comfortable and feel looked after.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Chennai and assure you that we will make that extra effort to ensure you are satisfied with the room allocated to you. I look forward to meeting you in person.

Wishing you the very best!

Best Regards,

Ram Misra
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed here for a night, and was pleasantly surprised to get an upgrade to a suite. Definitely that's created quite an impression for my first stay here.
Am told this was the old Chola Sheraton, but after ITC set up the Grand Chola, this property was downgraded to a My Fortune. This property deserves a lot better than that, in my opinion It is certainly a lot better than a Fortune!
The suite itself was quite spacious and nice, though the bath fitting were a bit old. The bed itself was quite comfortable.
Had a buffet dinner here, which had an exciting spread of all kinds of cuisines. Particularly like the starters - kebabs. Succulent, tender and fresh!
Certainly would visit again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RajeevM19
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed June 15, 2013

.....we try to make the mistakes ones,staying in this hotel for me only one time happened and I will never stay in this hotel again...they call themselves 5 stars and I call them 3 stars...they will not change your dirty pillow even you put a sign on that you request to be changed, no towels in the bathroom for the floors, broken glasses on the breakfast table, they will serve around with broken trays, swimming pool is very dirty, poor breakfast menu, no proffesionalism , does not know how to deal with guest but money....and old fashion....and rooms are smelling old....very bad renovation (if they call themsrelves eveything renavated)....and many more....you just won't be happy ...while there are many hotels in Chennai do not make a mistake and choose this one!!! Any more detail you want to know please ask before you make a mistake.....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Figan U
My Fortune C, General Manager at My Fortune, Chennai, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Chennai!

Thank you, more so, for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our Guests and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

Providing our Guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our endeavor & mission. We have addressed the issues listed in your review and all concerned Departmental Heads, Supervisors and Staff in question have been spoken to with suitable corrective action being initiated since.

We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our Hotel with our Guests and want you to be comfortable and feel looked after such that you carry pleasant memories.

We hope to see you again in the future and assure you that we will make that extra effort. I look forward to meeting you in person too.

Wishing you the very best!

Best Regards,

Ram Misra
New Delhi, India
Reviewed June 6, 2013

it was a great experience to stay in this hotel. we were upgraded to the suite and got a welcome from the house keeping team.beautiful tray decorated with chocolate and fruits, well maintained room and e very warm welcome touched me. it was awesome

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 5, 2013

It used to be known as Chola Sheraton and I had dined couple of times at the Peshawri restaurant which used to be located here. I had no complaint then. Now Peshawri has shifted out and the hotel has been downgraded to a "My Fortune"brand by ITC. And rightly so !
Its certainly has lost its lustre and looks tired.

Few days back I met a friend of mine, late afternoon, at their coffee shop, My Cafe (I certainly would hesitate to call it anything but "mine"!). To begin with, it looks tired and no where like any star hotel coffee shop. However most often restaurants take years to get renovated and hence the management then makes up for its lack of ambience by service and food. However, My Fortune fails in both these aspects.

It was late afternoon and we opt to order for a veg pizza, with an addition of "spanish paprika". My friend order a fresh lime and I ask for a chamomile tea, with a request that the tea be served along with the pizza (not before or after). Having waited for a while, the order taker informs us that our pizza is almost ready but he wants to reconfirm whether we had asked for a pork pizza!! We told him no, we had ordered for a vegetarian pizza with an additional topping of "spanish paprika". To our utter shock and disbelief, we are then informed that spanish paprika is a type of pork salami! Since when??
And then the person, think his name was Ranjeeth (dont remember exactly though) tells us to enjoy a complimentary plate of salad till he makes things as per our order! After the pizza arrives, we ask him to show us a packet of this so called pork salami which is nowadays known as "spanish paprika", to which he says no, we were right its only a paprika.
The pizza was nothing great and neither was the insipid salad!
I has asked for the tea to be served along with the pizza, well, it was not...... we had to remind him after we were half way through the meal for the tea and it finally arrived after we had finished eating!
Dont think it deserves being a star hotel, that too under the ITC umbrella.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends