The Park Chennai
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
FabHotel Chennai Central(Chennai (Madras))
View Hotel
The Spring Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
Palmgrove Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
  • Breakfast included
OYO 9578 Gemini Inn(Chennai (Madras))
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Sree Devi Residency(Chennai (Madras))
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Hotel Century Residency(Chennai (Madras))
  • Room Service
Taj Coromandel Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
View Hotel
Sree Krishna Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
View Hotel
Hotel Oriental Inn(Chennai (Madras))
1,792 results
All reviewsvisa interviewrooftop poolthe heart of the citybusiness tripcourteous staffcoffee shopanna salaihouse keepingfood qualitybuffet breakfastcomfortable staymarina beachfront officespecial thankspashaleatherchennai
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed at park chennai with my elderly parents one of whom requires wheelchair assistance, from the time I mentioned this to the reservation. Assistant the hotel provided us with us with service whichh. We never expected or received in any hotel till now, the hotel's airport manager received us at the airport on arrival with a wheelchair ready, the hotel also ensured that they did not send a SUV or similar vehicle to receive us as it would have been difficult for my father to get into the car, instead they organised for a Toyota Corolla which made it much easier, the room blocked for us was one which allows acccess to the bathroomms for the physically challenged which made it much mmore comfortable for us. Tjw hotel by itself is slightly worn down though we could see rooms getting redone, however the service levels and the warmth and the sensitivity of the team makes up for all the little peeves you might have.the experience has been a revelation to us and would definitely recommed this hotel to my colleagues and friends, food and drink options are available in plenty at the hotel..their outlets are extremely popular with the locals in Chennai, Lotus their Thai restaurant is amazing, only thing we would like to see is a ramp whichh allows wheelchair bound guests to access their restaurants at the lobby level.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Jenniferlloyd54
TheParkChennai, General Manager at The Park Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear Ms. Lloyd,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Park Chennai.

We are delighted that you had a great stay at the hotel and enjoyed the facilities and the services.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stayed here for one night en route to Pondicherry. Central location near the Gemini flyover and the business district is easily accessible from here. It was a smooth check in, we were on the 8th floor and they had kept a complimentary wine bottle ready in our room along with cookies.

Immaculate linen and washroom, and I loved they coffee table book they had on all kinds of clocks and watches. Still remember some real good models I saw in there.

We dined at Six-O-One as well as Lotus Thai, and I found both the restaurants to have a very high standard. We did check out the Leather Bar too, but then proceeded for a stroll outside.

Saravana Bhavan, the very famous chain of South Indian restaurants, is walking distance from the Park hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms facing the city
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Zenobia T

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Park Chennai.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the services, facilities and food during your visit and look forward to welcome you back at The Park Chennai.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

My family and me travelled to Chennai last week with regard to our visa interview at the us consulate and had a great stay at the park,the staff upgraded us to a suite keepung I. Mind that there were five of us,they assidted us with an early check in too as we reached the hotel at830 in the morning, the staff at the front desk was extremely polite and helpful and spared no effort to make us comfortable.the food at 601 their coffee shop and lotus their thai restaurant was awesome, we had a fabulous meal at both these places,when we checkef out early morning at the end of our stay the staff at the reception organised packed bf for all of us as the buffet wasnt ready,a very thoughtful gesture which we have never experienced in any othe indian hotel . I will definitely recommend this hotel to all my colleagues and friends

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank JamesLobo1965
TheParkChennai, General Manager at The Park Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear Mr. Lobo,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Park Chennai.

We are very happy that you had a fabulous stay and enjoyed our food, services and facilities. Your appreciation of our team will help boost their morale.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Does any one Cares !! I had booked early 2 Days and was checking in during Next Day early morning . No one is at the reception. I was trying to recollect if i had select an 5 Star property while booking !!
An security guard helps to check in. Where i need to tell him that i had already done the payment and doing an late check in. It took its own time. He gives me the room key and goes away . No one to ask if i need any assistance with Luggage or even tell me where to head for an elevator!!!
Elevator is like in bad condition . Then when you try enter the room the key doesn't work !!!
My nightmare started again , That i need to go to reception and ask for keys!!!
Now got the keys
I enter the room. Its like i am time traveling 15 years back in life ..Such an old room . There is no make over whats so ever after that i think . The Shower was rusted the paints in toilet was pealing off
Now i want to make an point why i had said i entering life of 15 years back.
When i opened the Hotel Facility Book .
In one of the page it was written Internet @ Express Speed

Then its says launch The Internet Browser ( i.e Internet Explorer or Netscape)

This lines tells it all Who tries to explain what is an Internet Browser and then Netscape which lost it dominance to Internet Explorer in 2000 and was officially discontinued by AOL from
March 1, 2008

I came to terms with reality by now if the hotel can't change an page in there Hotel Facility Guide why would they care about anything else !!

Breakfast its just an sad think now a days even an 3 Star hotel has an better facility.

On the first day when i was going out there was one Angry Guest was shouting at the Valet Driver and that guy didnt even bother to speak and was walking away . The Angry Guest left left his car and ran behind the Valet Driver i guess there was some serious issue ,,and he looked upset as well angry with that guy. Then there where about 5 to 6 Hotel staff they didn't even bothered to resolve the issue . Some Senior Manager from hotel tried speaking to the Guest and it was also non-responsive. I really didn't understand what was going on but this was
quite visibly clear . That the guest was upset and was right in his stance and body language of the Hotel Authority was something like who cares !!!

Well to really point out issues , They never asked for my ID card during check in and again. The hotel Doesn't have any Security Guards at Gates at Doors .

Honestly Poor value for Money and I end up still wondering how are they been listed as
The Park 5 Start Facility !!!
I never wrote any negative reviews before about any hotels was either neutral or positive about the experience . But for this hotel for sure I would say its Terribly wrong.
I am supporting my claims with some photos too

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay at The Park Chennai.

We also thank you for your feedback and regret any issues you might have had during your stay. We would like to assure you that we are looking into the areas that you have highlighted.

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

My stay was amazing here and I would definitely recommend this hotel to every business traveller. Even the food was great which usually is not the case in other similar class hotels. Will surely be back.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Apoorv R
TheParkChennai, General Manager at The Park Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Park Chennai.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and will share your comments with our team.