“One of the good ones available”
Review of The Park Chennai

The Park Chennai
Ranked #47 of 403 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stayed there with my family to visit the US consulate. I had a bad experience in one of the cheaper hotels (Palm groove) last time. So thought to spend some dough expecting a better experience. With The Park, I was not disappointed. They didnt make me too happy too :/

The Good:
Its one of the cheaper of the high end hotels.
Awesome location.
Awesome breakfast.
Decent amenities. (I expected more for the price)
I got fairly good service from the staff.

The bad:
The rates are expensive compared to the US hotels, but the amenities are not at par.
No free wifi in room. For the price, i didnt think they are gonna charge another 500Rs for an hour of wifi. Free wifi in common areas, but it was not that easy to access.
A bit overpriced.
Construction/repair going on inside the hotel. It was close to the room and was loud at times!

Room Tip: "Check the areas that are being repaired and get a room far from there"
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
TheParkChennai, General Manager at The Park Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Park Chennai.

We appreciate your comments on our facilities and services. We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast, among other things, and will work on the areas for improvement that you have highlighted.

We look forward to welcome you back at The Park Chennai for a better experience.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

The Park is situated in the centre of the city and hence very easy to travel to a lot of places. The staff is very helpful and the service is amazing, right from the reception to all the restaurants. Rooms aren't that spacious. Revisitors are not treated the way they should have or is the case generally at other hotels. The lounge and the club are good places to go late evenings. Do have a meal at Aqua.. Overall, worth a stay, and many more hotels to explore in Chennai

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Aditya,

Thank you for staying at The Park Chennai.

We appreciate your comments on the staff and services and are working on improving services for our returning guests. We are also glad that you enjoyed your experiences at Aqua and the night club.

We look forward to welcoming you back at The Park Chennai for a better experience.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Pathetic place.horrible service.rude staff.not worth the money u are spending.the rooms are dingy n small.the hotel lives up to the over all stds set by park .please avoid booking with these guys they are really pathetic.overall a very avoidable stay

1  Thank vinusidd
TheParkChennai, General Manager at The Park Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you for staying at The Park Chennai.

We sincerely apologize for the experience you had at The Park Chennai. We are working on improving the services and facilities and will pay special attention to the points you have highlighted.

We hope you will give us a chance to give you a better experience at The Park Chennai.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I used the hotel when it was launched 10 years back....and what a delight it was. Great location, bold contemporary design, pushing the boundaries on decor and design and food. It showed such promise. Then last week I booked a room and got a great rate. The low rate should have warned me...but i was in for a very rude shock. The hotel has deteriorated beyond imagine. It is in utter state of neglect. The rooms are completely worn out. I requested for a room change since the one i got was smelly and musty. It took them 1 hour to shift me to a room that at least did noir stink on another floor. The corridors had paint peeling off on at least the 2 floors I was on. The rooms were BAD...the wooden flooring was uneven and warping, the taps were leaking, the shower had green moss, the paint in the room had seepage and was peeling, the beds were old and not comfortable. The TV is small and old...I can go on and on....and will have to strain myself to come up with ONE positive comment about the property. Pushed, I will agree that the staff was warm and tried hard to please...but what do you do with such a bad product. I was so frustrated, that I checked out in a few hours...did not even ask for a refund. It is sad to see a property with so much promise go down the drain. Please Avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

At the outset, we sincerely regret your experience at The Park Chennai.

We are concerned about the product and are working on upgrading our facilities.

We hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back at The Park Chennai for a better experience.

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

I have travelled around the world and for a business traveller the most important thing in a hotel is good service and good food, I was lucky with both at the park chennai. I do not usually write but I think the the hotel and staff deserve to be praised. The front office staff were highly courteous and that was just the beginning and my 5 day stay just got better. The food at the park was truly delightful as was the staff and I would also like to thank the people who cleaned my room, the sheets were crisp ! Thank you park chennai, looking forward to visiting again, maybe next year.

• Stayed: April 2014
TheParkChennai, General Manager at The Park Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on your recent stay at The Park Chennai.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, the food and services and will pass on your appreciation to our team, especially those in our Housekeeping team.

We look forward to welcome you back next year, if not sooner, at The Park Chennai.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed twice n I feel the hotel is not who made difference the staff is t one who create memories the park should be happy tat they have staff like that at t same room needs renovation also since it bit old but the staff they do their level best to make sure ur stay go good n peaceful so thanks a lot for hospitality

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for staying at The Park Chennai.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our team will be encouraged by your words of appreciation.

We are working on upgrading our rooms and hope to welcome you back at The Park Chennai to create even better memories.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Good personal connectivity wd customer. 601 serves delicious food :) n Ricky duty manager vl make ur life easy n comfortable at the park Chennai... Deluxe room r superb vl make feel worth of ur money ! hotel ambience z out of d box wd pretty purplish lights n music !

• Stayed: April 2014
TheParkChennai, General Manager at The Park Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Park Chennai.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will pass on your comments to Ricky, who we are sure will be motivated by your appreciation of her work.

We look forward to welcome you back at The Park Chennai.