“Good experience”
Review of The Park Chennai

The Park Chennai
Ranked #47 of 395 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
New Delhi, India
“Good experience”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed at The Park for 2 nights. It was a good and soothing experience. Rooms give yu a very different look. Aqua is the perfect place to dine at especially for me as I was travelling with my wife. Aqua Manager Mr.Prashant, was effecient, attentive and ready to render his services. Good job Prashant. At the Lobby,we interacted with Duty Manager Virender. He heard what we wanted and allocated us a very good room keeping in mind our requests! Qudos to both!!well it is rightly said, people make the place! Good job guys! Park rockz!!

• Stayed June 2013
TheParkChennai, General Manager at The Park Chennai, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

The Park has always been ahead of the gane for it's personalised warm service. We are very happy to know that you & your family enjoyed the stay as well as our pretty spaces. Aqua is our jewel with a beautiful view of the city's skyline. Wishing you a great week ahead & we hope to see you soon at The Park, Chenna

Associate Vice President and Area General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I am from Barclays Bank and staying in 'The Park' for couple of weeks. I am really loving the experience here. The staff here is extremely polite and well behaved specially Prashant(Manager), who i got to interact with for most of the time during my stay!
I would say, its worth every penny they charge. Infact, you will be more than delighted with the over all service and the variety of food served in 'The Park'.

Room Tip: Any room here, will make your stay an experience of lifetime!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
TheParkChennai, General Manager at The Park Chennai, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time out to post such a sunny review. The team was excited to read it. We wish you a wonderful stay at The Park.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I usually prefer to stay at Taj, But this time around i had to stay at The Park Hotel, as Taj was sold out. I never have had a great opinion about this Hotel, but after my stay i have changed my mind. I was given a room in one of the rennovated floors and the room was quite nice. No wonder their restauarants are talk of the town , coz of delicious food with variety in food options, i could not stop my self but to devour. PASHA- The night club is a great experience, and glad they made it free entry for the stayers. But, i was bit disappointed for not having given the city facing room, and will make it a point to ask for the same while booking.

Room Tip: Request for a city facing room, and try out the roof top restaurant.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
TheParkChennai, General Manager at The Park Chennai, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your good feedback. The newly renovated rooms are pretty & plush. We are so happy you liked them as well as the food at our award winning restaurants. We are sorry that you didn’t get to stay in the city facing room. Do let us know in advance when you are visiting.Looking forward to your next stay with The Park.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The Park was a TERRIBLE hotel. I thought it sounded nice, but I was WRONG. When I went down to eat lunch, the food was hot. The desserts were okay, but I've had way better. When I went back to my room, I didn't feel well. Then I THREW UP! I kept on falling asleep, waking up, and throwing up. I threw up 8 TIMES! I also had diherria. The next day I had to eat only bananas and toast and I threw up after drinking 7-Up. The Park is a 1-Star hotel!! I am never staying at The Park AGAIN! The rooms are small and gloomy, the view out the window is creepy, the bathrooms look old. The Park is a very bad hotel! A tip for new travelers is to go somewhere else! I hate The Park!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the west side of the building. They have a nice view of Chennai and they are mo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Your feedback is valuable to us. We investigated your complaint where you have stated that the food did not agree with you. And as a cause of this, you felt sick. We are sorry to hear of the discomfort you went through and we are hoping that this was not a result of anything that you may have had prior to checking in to our hotel. We have received no complaint from any of our other guests with regard to the food. Please do give us another opportunity to serve you.

Travelers are raving about these Chennai (Madras) hotels

Chennai
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I Was got a very Bad Experience and insulted too from the hotel management Mr.kiran manager.i never go back to that hotel in my life and i will not allow any of contacts..I need a feed back for my Complaint

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Dear Guest,

We request you to kindly make allowance for upholding of club rules by our manager, Mr Kiron Kumar. He has been vested with the authority to exercise discretion in allowing or disallowing guests to the club.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

First of all it looks like its 3* hotel, interior design is poor and it is not maintained properly. At the entrance there is nobody to open the heavy door for you, so if you have heavy bags you have to do it all by yourself. When you enter reception loby there is some strange smell, its just not fresh... I was wondering how staff can stand there all day... Room furniture seems old and not cleaned properly. Bathroom also not so clean... and there is rust everywhere. It just seems like very old and never replaced. View from the window is scary, there is old abandoned building and also curtains can't open so you dont have to look at it. Breakfast is ok, room service food also, staff good but seems not so motivated... Overall this hotel needs big changes, refurbishing... Hope they will not stop on being average ;) Cheers!

Dear Guest,

Sorry your perception of our hotel was unfavorable. Our hotel is designed very differently & we regret it did not appeal to you. We have taken note of your feedback, however, we will certainly address areas that are deficient. Thank you.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

the park chennai is one of the finnest hotels iv come accross . there is a warmth in the staff . everything was soo spic and span. the overall experience was ammazing . if u here a must try is the buffet they serve in the morning . yummy food , ready to help staff and a smile that they give js makes your day .loved staying here . thankyou .... team park overall rocks

Dear Guest,

We were so excited to read your post. It is very encouraging & my team was thrilled. Thank you & we look forward to seeing you at The Park soon.