“Average rooms”
Review of The Park Chennai

The Park Chennai
Ranked #45 of 405 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Hotel was really good from the outside. the bar area and ppool around was really happening with good crowd. but the rooms were a bit smelling.
Took a deluxe room. Bath room is really small.
Over priced for the room quality. 8k i believe.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
TheParkChennai, General Manager at The Park Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for your comment on the Bar and Pool events. Our rooms are bigger than most standard five star hotel rooms. Sorry that you felt that the bathroom was small, or were you referring to the WC which can actually be shut off from the bathing area of the bathroom. I am sure we can work out our best rate on your next visit. Do call us before you visit us. Please do contact me directly at lherbert@theparkhotels.com in case I can be of any further help.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I made reservation based on good reviews. I had 2 rooms. The rooms actually stink with sewer smell. Water would be on the floor when you take shower and towels are really old. They made a renovation to the hotel but it is so haphazard, one part of the room is nice, the other part has cracks on floors. For the price I have paid, its not worth it. There are better hotels for half the price. They had a party downstairs and music was so loud that you could hear on 7th floor and they say, its a party sir and no one has complained. Only good thing is it is accessible and is at good location. Would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Just avoid it..
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pminumu

We would like to invite you for a weekend stay to change your impression of our hotel. We have investigated your complaint on the smell of the water as our water is treated and potable. It was found that when water entered the drain it released and air lock in the plumbing that entered the bathroom through the water outlet. This has been corrected. Our regrets over your discomfort due to this technical problem. Our linen is of the best quality and the housekeeping staff has been warned about possibly older towels being placed in the room without checking the quality. There was a pool side party on the rooftop on the 8th floor that caused disturbance to you. We will ensure that the sound levels are controlled in future. Please do visit us again for a great stay. Please do contact me directly at lherbert@theparkhotels.com in case I can be of any further help.

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Would stay here again. My expectations were low after the calamitous Delhi Park but I was pleasantly surprised by the nice bright lobby and Bollywood theme.

Pluses were late check out and nice staff

Minuses Internet charges per device and Mosquitos.

Gym was good and pool looked nice. Food was pretty good too but prices in bar were a bit high

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for your good comments on THE Park Chennai. Post your and other comments on Internet charges we are now happy to inform you that free WIFI is available in all our Public guest areas. We hope you will enjoy this free service on your next visit. The mosquito issue in our areas connected to the outdoors has been rid off by intensifying pest control measures. We do hope you will come back again for a pleasurable stay. Please do contact me directly at lherbert@theparkhotels.com in case I can be of any further help.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed for three nights during India Australia Cricket Match. My main purpose was served as it was just 30 minutes away from the Chepauk Stadium.I have seen the Hotel few years back and it was top notch but now its ageing and the rooms look tiring. I stayed in a base category room and may be they have better superior category rooms.Service is fast and their travel desk is quite swift in delivery - had booked few transfers with them.I only had breakfast and nothing to rave about.Amethyst, a chic restaurant is not far from the Hotel and its a great place for chat and food.I tried to book a massage on all the three days but no slots was available - it must be a very popular spa !

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for writing in after your stay with us. I sincerely hope the next around we can book you in for a Spa treatment. Our hotel is going through renovations in stages and we hope that you can enjoy one of our newly done up floors on your next visit and that you renew your impression of us as being top notch. Please do contact me directly at lherbert@theparkhotels.com in case I can be of any further help.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Book this place because I wanted to eat meat and not have to deal with the South Indian heat. Woke up in middle of the night with half a dozen mosquito bites. This was confusing because the room had totally sealed windows and looked clean. Next morning while taking a shower, I sprayed the stone bench on the far end of the bath. mosquitoes rose up by the dozens as their eggs flowed back towards the drain.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

We are extremely concerned about your distress over mosquitoes in the room. Please accept our sincere apologies. We are rid of the problem but are still trying to figure out how this happened in a sealed room. Our ducts have been examined and we do hope this will not occur again. Sorry again.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Before going to Chennai I looked online and read terrible reviews about the Park, Chennai. It was, therefore with great trepidation that I reached the hotel. (I was being put up there by the organisers of the conference for which I had gone). I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel. Rooms are good and service is good. The breakfast (included with the room) is amazing. The only problem was that in the bathroom, there is next to no space to hang your clothes.

Anything I asked for was taken care of promptly. For insance the bed was too soft for me. I asked them if I could have a hard bed and they promptly took care of it. A friend fell ill and they arranged for her medicines. I spent a very comfortable 4 days there.

Room Tip: Unless you are newly weds, look for a room which does not have a see-through glass partition separat...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

It is very kind of you to help in correcting the impression created about our hotel through negative reviews on trip advisor. Sometimes there is definitely an aspect of a customer’s stay that goes wrong and we do strive to make amends but it doesn’t always work. We greatly appreciate this gesture of concern and are very happy that you had a comfortable stay with us. I do hope we can be of service to you in the future. Please do contact me directly at lherbert@theparkhotels.com in case I can be of any further help.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife loves the Tiramisu dessert served at 601 cafe in The Park Chennai. We used to make it a point to visit at least once a month for this dessert. But for the last 3 visits we have been highly dissappointed with the service in general. Whenever we went this particular dessert was not available. Once we had gone with a group of friends as we had highly recommended this dessert but to our embarrassment it was not available. A hotel of this calibur should atleast ensure that they have sufficient quantities of dessert to last atleast for the day. I would now be thinking twice before I go to The Park or probably find a new place for our late night desserts.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
TheParkChennai, General Manager at The Park Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you very much for letting us know about your wife’s appreciation of the Tiramisu at 601. However, we regret the non-availability of the dessert at the various occasions and the embarrassment you may have had to face in front of your friends. Please let us know prior to your visit next time so we can ensure that we have sufficient Tiramisu that will hopefully make your wife and friends have an enjoyable evening with us.