“good hotel in centre of town”
Review of The Park Chennai

The Park Chennai
Ranked #48 of 397 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
kumbakonam
“good hotel in centre of town”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

i stayed in room 5031.check in was very quick.but the hotel needs an urgent make over.rooms have become a bit little old .but sleep quality was good.food little pricey.staff are very courtous and friendly.

Room Tip: higher floor rooms are better.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank vijy
TheParkChennai, General Manager at The Park Chennai, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Its very nice of you to convey positive and encouraging remarks about our hotel and staff. These kind and reassuring words help us to surge forward and serve you better. For your information, we have commenced the renovation process in a phased manner and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back personally to experience our newly upgraded rooms. We hope to have you back soon enough to experience other facilities at the hotel. Please do contact me directly at lherbert@theparkhotels.com in case I can be of any further help.

Associate Vice President | Area General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 18, 2012

It was a wedding that brought my wife and I to Chennai. Having stayed at their Vishakapatnam property, I thought it would be nice to try out the Chennai edition.

One of the first things that sets this hotel apart is the theme that is prevalent in the hotel. The reason for this is that the hotel was built on the plot that used to be a film studio. Accordingly you have movie posters of movies from various languages framed at different parts of the hotel floor, including one in our room.

The service and check-in was seamless and efficiently done, with the staff being quite polite. There was a mix-up in the discounted room rates not having been conveyed to the reception, as I had booked with the Park's loyalty program by mail. However, it was rectified by the time we had completed our check-in formalities.

The room we got was facing the Nungambakkam High Road, without the noise that is usually associated with that road. As requested at the time of booking, the Wi-Fi was ready and was good enough for checking mails and general browsing. The magazine rack had a few magazines on it, as well the day's paper. The one grouse I had with the room was the presence of a stray cob-web on the otherwise clean room that had no other evidence of having been left as such.

The bathroom was good enough to have an internal separate room, with a door, for the toilet, so that two people can use bathroom at the same time without any inconvenience. It was a clean bathroom with the regular changing of towels and other articles on a daily basis. The housekeeping staff was polite in asking if they may enter the room for housekeeping, as well as suggesting if they should come back at a particular time if required.

The bed in our room was comfortable enough to make us come down late for breakfast, unless there was a trip scheduled, in which case it was a trade off between sleeping for a few more minutes and spending some more time having breakfast. The place where the buffet breakfast was laid had a nice ambiance and a spread consisting of Continental and Indian. O

All in all, it was a pleasant couple of days that we spent at The Park. For sure, the next time we make a trip to Chennai for pleasure, this would be the place to stay, location-wise, as well as otherwise.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your appreciative words of our staff , quality of restaurants, and rooms, this is indeed very flattering. It gives us great pleasure to know that you had a great time here. Your detailed account is of great value to us as we train our teams to improve with the negative as well as positive feedback. Please do contact me directly at lherbert@theparkhotels.com in case I can be of any further help.

Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Arrived at 1am on Sunday am/ Saturday bar night. The individual at the desk checked me in with little to no conversation but that was fine I was exhausted from my flights and couldn't hear anything due to the music in the bar behind me. Room was clean and comfortable. My only big issue was the musty smell due to water from the bath tub the leaked out into the room causing mold and mildew on the wood floor by the bathroom. I did love that they had a french press in the room for coffee. Overall the the staff was very nice and helpful. Breakfast that was included with my room was buffet and had a nice selection of food.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your appreciative words on the quality of the food and it gives us great pleasure to know that we have pleased you with all our services at the hotel. We acknowledge your feedback on the room and have sorted out the defects. Please do contact me directly at lherbert@theparkhotels.com in case I can be of any further help when you visit next.

bangalore
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My third stay in the hotel...over the years it looks a bit run judging by its external facade however just about manages to keep up with 5 star pretences on the inside. Food and beverage seemed a bit on the pricier side judging by the room service menu listing. I would rather step out of the hotel and eat at plenty of good stand alone restaurants in the walking vicinity...I would not only save a substantial amount of money for the organisation but would also shed some calories. If a bit adventurous the anjappar restaurant in the vicinity serves some mean chettinad food

Room Tip: There are some rooms on the lower floors that have been renovated so pls bear that in mind when book...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We acknowledge your feedback on the hotel upgradation. For your information nevertheless, we have commenced the renovation process in a phased manner and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back personally to experience our newly upgraded rooms. Please do contact me directly at lherbert@theparkhotels.com in case I can be of any further help. I must however differ on your view about our F&B facilities. We are a sought after destination in this regard and our outlets are award winning! I eat at Anjappar too, great food! But we are in a different league.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This is one of the worst hotels I have ever come across. Only convenience is the location for the ones going for a visa interview. Spend a little less, and a few blocks from there is a beautiful hotel, for lesser cost and AMAZING food at the RAINTREE hotel. I stayed in Raintree first, the 2nd time I went to chennai on the same week, I decided to stay at "The Park" .
Needed to prepare for the big day next day, instead, after a relaxing shower, I had to step into a flooded bathroom and bedroom. Paid for wireless, but received access after 4 hours after incessant calling. Was finally given a different room thanks to my room being flooded after a shower. I finally settled into the new room, turned on the tv, surprise..tv does not work.. after a bunch of calls to customer service and the staff replacing the units, it was time to call it a day.
I decided to speak to the manager of the hotel to see if we could be compensated for all the trouble caused. Manager (Rajiv) replies: "Name anything and we are prepared to compensate" , So I say, how about a 10% reduction on your Rs10,000/day room tht we paid. To this Rajiv politely refuses. I tell him, why dont you tell me what YOU can offer, to that he says "No ma'am, whatever you say" ; I said complimentary dinner. He politely declines. WHY would he ask me to quote the compensation when he refused everything i asked for their extremely horrible customer service.
I probably expected the hospitality of the new hotel down the road (Raintree) and i must say I was sourly disappointed . The breakfast was terrible, even Palm Grove hotel around the corner had better food. A bitter Chennai experience indeed. Thank you for the amazing welcome Park Hotel!!!!
Please LEARN how to please customers and to clean your lobby once in a while to maintain the standards of "Luxury hotel"

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our apologies for your discomfort with our services. All the wrong things seem to have snowballed you into an unsavoury experience at The Park Chennai. We are looking into the details of your complaint. The room has been blocked and taken for maintenance upkeep. We have ensured all corrective efforts are collectively put in to resolve them. We acknowledge your feedback on the hotel upgradation and have shared your views with our team. Thank you for bringing this to our notice. We are embarrassed and are doing our utmost to make sure we don’t have a repeat of this kind with any of our other guests in future. Please do contact me directly at lherbert@theparkhotels.com in case I can be of any further help.

Travelers are raving about these Chennai (Madras) hotels

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed in the park chennai earlier this month.We felt we were in the home and our accomodation is simply good. Since i am corporate my company request me to stay with my colligue. Room and amenities were made in away that ,it will comfort both of us. Hotel looks very design and staffs were very friendly.Lobby flower decoration is marvelous one..

Room Tip: Rooms on west corner are so quiet..
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for having chosen us to stay with during your official visits to Chennai and for the positive and encouraging remarks about our hotel and staff. Please do contact me directly at lherbert@theparkhotels.com in case I can be of any further help.

Gwalior, India
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed in the park chennai along with my family for the VISA purpose.
The location is very opposite to the American consulate and our purpose successfully completed.
The hotel have a friendly environment and supporting staffs.Ambiance of the hotel is very good and easy to move to any where in the city.We had a city facing room on second floor and really enjoyed the stay....

Room Tip: Choose city facing room really have good view...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank maheshgwalior
TheParkChennai, General Manager at The Park Chennai, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you so much for the positive and encouraging remarks about our hotel and staff. These kind and reassuring words help us to improve ourselves further. We hope to have you back soon enough to experience other facilities at the hotel. Please do contact me directly at lherbert@theparkhotels.com in case I can be of any further help.