“Poor Service and Maintenance!”

Le Royal Meridien Chennai
Ranked #25 of 397 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Singapore, Singapore
“Poor Service and Maintenance!”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

It is surprise to see Star Hotel with so poor service and maintenance. I went there for business meeting and after the meeting I had a discussion in the lobby for few minutes. Unfortunately the front end officers were not allowed to sit and discuss in the lobby for few minutes and we orderd the food it took more than an hour to deliver which was totally bad taste. The lobby was full of mosquitos and very bad smell. I surprise to see a Star Hotel with this poor standard. Guys it is not worth for money to arrange any meeting or stay in this Hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Soundararajan B
DilawarN, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Chennai, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Le Royal Meridien Chennai.
We would like to thank you for choosing at Le Royal Méridien Chennai for your stay and sharing your feedback which will surely help us to improve.
It is always disappointing to hear that the people failed to deliver on this occasion. Please accept my apologies for your unpleasant experience. Though we strive to offer the best value to our patrons, it is disappointing for us to learn of the inconvenience caused. We would like to assure you that your concern has been duly noted and we are taking corrective measures to avoid such instances in future.
I do hope that you will be able to put this one off experience deviation behind you and give us another opportunity to serve you. Once again, thank you for sparing your valuable time for your feedback and we look forward to be your hosts soon again.
Warm Regards,
Dilawar Singh Nindra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stayed for two days only and found staff very caring .

Dinner was great . The staff took extra care and served Dal Tadka - punjabi style - on a very short notice .....appreciable
Look forward to stay again soon

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing lawns
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Arshdeep95
DilawarN, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Chennai, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Greetings from Le Royal Meridien Chennai!
Thank you for staying at our hotel and appreciating our services and offerings on this public forum. Le Royal Meridien Chennai offers the best of everything to guests to make you feel comfortable and your experience memorable.
We are pleased to know that you found our offering in sync with your expectations and that our associates were able to take good care of you. We have shared your kind remarks with our team members that have motivated them to continue performing to the best of their abilities.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed here for about 3 weeks. This was one of the best experiences that my friends and I had got. Hospitality is very much appreciatable. There were quick services, excellent care and very honest workes.I should mention my own experience. I once missed my wallet in the food tray, inside the wallet I had my passport and money. It was saftely returned to me. Here I would like to mention few workers in the food department including the manager and the lady in the front desk, Sofia, the supervisor and others. So thank you for your hospitality and for your kindness towards us.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ShanthiBaskar1
DilawarN, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Chennai, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Pune, India
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This property has nice, spacious and comfortable rooms. The breakfast and dinner buffets are great, with plenty of options and nice service. If you like the traditional room lighting, you might like the rooms as well. However I generally prefer white lights over yellow.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Greetings from Le Royal Meridien Chennai!
we are going under renovation for the changes you have highlighted.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I had a one night stay here and I felt the food was really good, Rooms are fine. Service was OK. However I felt one gets lost in the hotel. It is at good location in between Airport and City which is a good advantage

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Greetings from Le Royal Meridien Chennai!
Thank you for staying at our hotel and appreciating our services and offerings on this public forum. Le Royal Meridien Chennai offers the best of everything to guests to make their stay comfortable and memorable. We are pleased to know that you found our offering in sync with your expectations. We have also shared your feedback with our Manager's and all the team members. We thank you again for your patronage and wonderful feedback and look forward to welcoming you again with another enriching experience.
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed April 24, 2014

visited the hotel for lunch and dinner several times and I just loved the food each time...great buffet spreads.... recently tried the bar and the ambience was really great except the fact that AC was set to little high on the place where I was seated and seems like they don't have a way to control it on specific spots...atleast that is the reason I got from the bartender..the food ordered at the bar was also fresh and great. thinking to host my little one's birthday here next year and hope Le meridian Chennai meets my expectations in all corners.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Greetings from Le Royal Meridien Chennai!
we are going under renovation for the changes you have highlighted.
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 24, 2014

The hotel is very nice for the area. However, upon check out, I found approximately $900.00 worth of "In-Room Snack Bar Charges". I stayed there for only 5 days! I learned that I was being charged for 2 bottles of Cognac each night . . I DO NOT DRINK. Plus just about everything else contained on the snack bar. I have given them several opportunities to correct the bill, but they simply refuse, even though I legitimately spent approximately $2,000.00 in dinner for my staff and meals while there.

As a result, I have directed my travel department to discontinue using this hotel for all lodging needs while in India. We are, instead using an alternative hotel. Before staying at this hotel, you may want to explore other options, as you will no option to dispute your charges with veracity after you leave. It is not worth the trouble.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business