I have been staying here regularly over the years. Frankly, my experiences here have been hot/cold! Some of my stays have been great and some have been downright bad.
The property is nice and is located close to the airport and business locations. The rooms are spacious but not many of them have good views. I found most rooms dark with less outside light. Room controls do not work well (last stay - bath light switch did not work).
Service is good and bad. My past 2-3 stays have been OK but sometime back, the service was very poor.
The hotel has all facilities - gym, pool, spa, conference rooms etc. I think this has gone through quite a few management changes.
It is a good hotel but with some renovation and better management this could be a much better one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Very close to the airport and to several commercial landmarks and strategically located in Chennai’s prime business district, Le Royal Meridien Chennai exudes grace and charisma offering a promise of unrivalled hospitality.Le Royal Méridien Chennai features meeting and banquet space for up 1,500 guests, five restaurants and bars, a state-of-the-art fitness centre, and a splendid outdoor swimming pool with whirlpool. A travel desk is in the hotel’s lobby assists guests as they experience the sights of Chennai, including the Marina Beach, temple architecture, a vibrant theatre scene, and a five week-long Music Season, one of the world’s largest cultural events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Starwood APAC and Hotels.com so you can book your Le Royal Meridien Chennai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Royal Meridien Chennai Hotel Chennai (Madras)
- Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa
- Chennai Meridien