“Tired Tired Tired”

Le Royal Meridien Chennai
Ranked #26 of 415 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed January 21, 2014

In case you didn't get it from the title this hotel is tired. If it was an dog you'd put it out of its misery. No hot water, mix up on room services, terrible organisation with ground transport and travel desk. They didn't ask how my stay was at check out- I think they know and have given up. On the upside the food was generally good. Otherwise avoid - poor reflection the Le Meridien Brand.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
StanleyMenon, Manager at Le Royal Meridien Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Le Royal Meridien Chennai!
Thank you for giving us an opportunity to welcome you at our hotel in Chennai. We appreciate and value the feedback given on this public platform. Located in proximity to the airport and other prominent landmarks, Le Royal Meridien Chennai strives to provide the best of everything to its esteemed patrons. We are glad to learn that the dining facility met with your expectation.
Please accept our apologies for your unpleasant experience. It is our constant endeavour to exceed expectations of our guests and to build a long-term relationship with them. Your comments will be immediately brought into attention of our Executive committee. We would like to assure you that your concerns have been duly noted and we are taking corrective measures to avoid such instances in future.
We do hope that you will be able to put this one off experience deviation behind you and give us another opportunity to serve you.
Regards,
Room Division Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,221)

Reviewed January 20, 2014

This was going to be my first stay in Le Meridien, Chennai. For that matter, I was going to stay at Le Meridien after a very long time. Obviously, I was hoping my experience would be par excellence.

I have checked in just now and my experience was extremely disappointing. Even the fully lit room is dark and gives a dingy look. There was no hanger in the wardrobe to hang my jacket. Wanted to order food from room service, but guess what, there was no menu.

In this age, the TV picture quality reminded me of a small town of 1990's. Didn't feel like watching and hence sat down to write this review.........l

As expected, after 5-6 calls, I was offered a change of room which I politely declined. Can't change rooms after settling down late in the night and having worked hard on what was an extremely tiring day.

Obviously will never stay here again and also will never recommend anyone to stay here.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Le Royal Meridien Chennai!
We thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on the TripAdvisor. We are disappointed that your stay at our hotel was less than perfect and regret the inconvenience that you faced while staying with us and have noted your concerns. We have informed the relevant departments regarding the issues you faced and will ensure that the necessary changes are made.
We assure you that this was a one off occurrence and we would love to have you again and promise you a better experience.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

The hotel has a great property but it is seething from low maintenance. The food is still great and the service is also good, but the management needs to lose some flab and make the property hospitable.
The rooms are good and clean and so is the hospitality.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
StanleyMenon, Manager at Le Royal Meridien Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Guest,
Greetings for Le Royal Meridien Chennai!
We thank you for staying at our hotel and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
We are glad that your stay with us was enjoyable and comfortable and that you found the food and the service at our hotel at par with your expectations. However, we regret the inconvenience you faced while staying at our hotel and have taken your views into consideration. We have shared your concerns with our team so that swift action can be taken. Your kind words of appreciation have been shared with our associates and it will motivate them to keep performing to the best of their abilities.
We look forward to welcoming you in the near future and thank you for your appreciation.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

My PA booked this from London. My first choice was to stay at the Hilton as some of my colleagues were staying there...But couple of us could not get a reservation as the Hilton was fully booked.
My PA had clarified to the hotel that I needed an airport pick up.

After landing from the airport, I was looking for my name in the placards for pick up. Could not find it .but saw a placard which just said Le Meridian. So I asked the guy...who had a list and he checked and said my name was missing. He apologized and asked me to wait for 5 minutes. I waited for 20 minutes before a car arrived. This car was an old esteem (I think Suzuki have stopped making this now). Was disappointed by my pick up..but was hoping this will improve.

The hotel is located near some fly over and some work was going on. So the way to the airport was a bit scary..I almost thought I was being kidnapped. Another colleague from arrived from London the next day had the same thought. I agree that this is something the hotel does not have a control on.

The check in was swift. But I could feel from the smell of the hotel that it was not going to be a great hotel. I could also see some mosquitoes.

The room was just average. The towels and bed sheets were scruffy. The internet pathetic.
The toilets not great..you could feel that this was an old hotel and maintenance was horrible. I could hardly get much sleep due to the renovation work that was being carried on..even at late in the night!!
When I wanted to take the bath the following morning..I had to wait for 5 minutes before clean water came out of the tap. I could see the dirty water gushing out and was shocked.

The breakfast place was terrible. I was in India after a long time and was hoping to eat good south Indian food in Chennai. But the food was just terrible and not authentic south Indian at all.

I am not sure how I could remain in the hotel on Saturday and Sunday. After hearing the same experience from my colleague...I called up and asked my PA to book the Hilton where our American colleagues were already staying. The Hilton was available and we shifted the same day.
While checking out I was asked the reason of cutting short my visit as I was booked for full 1 week. I explained the reason and the poor receptionist kept apologizing as two of us were leaving and offering us to provide an upgrade...However the overall hotel experience would not have been any different so we checked out.

The Hilton obviously felt like what a 5 star should. I asked the guys at Hilton and they said the Le Meridian was a franchise hotel and was definitely not worthy of the brand.

Will never recommend any of my friends to stay here..

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Praveen1Singh
DilawarN, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Le Royal Meridien Chennai.
We would like to thank you for choosing at Le Royal Meridien Chennai for your stay and sharing your feedback which will surely help us to improve.
Please accept my apologies for your unpleasant experience and the inconvenience caused. It is our constant endeavor to exceed your expectations and to build a long-term relationship with valuable guest like yourself. We have noted the concerns highlighted by you and will ensure that timely actions are taken.
I do hope that you will be able to put this one off experience deviation behind you and give us another opportunity to serve you. Once again, thank you for sparing your valuable time for your feedback and we look forward to be your hosts soon again.
Regards,
Dilawar Singh Nindra

Reviewed January 13, 2014

nice property, ideal location. close to airport, yet not too close. near to the trade centre, easy access, good people. clean room. very spacious property, I have noticed some of the rooms are road facing and a bit noisy, so must make sure.

Room Tip: some of the rooms are road facing.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
StanleyMenon, Manager at Le Royal Meridien Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Le Royal Meridien Chennai.
We thank you for staying at Le Royal Meridien Chennai and sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. We are glad that your stay with us was comfortable and delightful. We are happy that our hotel’s location could add value to your stay. It is nice to know that you found the rooms spacious and clean, and our associates were hospitable. We have shared your review with them which will motivate them to continue performing with excellence. We have noted your concerns and will make sure that the necessary corrective measures will be taken.
We thank you for your patronage and look forward to hosting you at our hotel.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

This hotel is located near Airport Chennai. We missed our flight due to heavy traffic and checked in this hotel to catch next day flight. This hotel has a very good lobby. Excellent staff and food is very good. We didn't try any amenities as it was short trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
StanleyMenon, Manager at Le Royal Meridien Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

Located in proximity to the airport and other prominent landmarks, Le Royal Meridien Chennai strives to provide the best of everything to its esteemed patrons. We are glad to know that you found our lobby and hospitality standards at par with your expectations. Your kind words about the food quality and our service have inspired our entire team.

We look forward to your continued patronage in the near future.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Excellent location with proximity to airport. Very spacious facility.

The last time I was there, a part was under renovation. Even then the stay was comfortable.

This time, I was on the third floor and the experience was above expectations.

Addition of the French press for coffee or tea (both Coimbatore and Chennai, Le Meridian) is an unexpected joy.

Excellent breakfast spread.

The service level needs improvement. They should learn from the team in Coimbatore.

And if you are a coffee drinker, request for and try South Indian Filter coffee rather than the standard machine stuff.

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Le Royal Meridien Chennai and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are happy to learn that you had a wonderful time at our hotels in Chennai and Coimbatore, our service areas and amenities matched your expectations. Your feedback has been conveyed to our associates who will be motivated to work harder and serve you better each time you choose to stay with us.

We thank you for your repeated patronage and look forward to your continued visits.