“HOSPITALITY!!HOSPITALITY!!HOSPITALITY”
Review of Trident, Chennai

Trident, Chennai
Ranked #9 of 395 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Ludhiana, India
“HOSPITALITY!!HOSPITALITY!!HOSPITALITY”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Hospitality is the word for this property.It is situated quite close to the airport and hence is an ideal place for business travellers and for persons who don't want to be struck in the city traffic.I was there on 11th april with my wife n son and was treated like a king.The rooms are nice , food is very good.The only glitch for me was there pool cannot be accessed by children as it is deep but minor thing compared to the overall ambience and attitude of the staff.Would certainly recommend to all and would like to stay there whenever I am in Chennai.

Room Tip: Choose any room all are equally good
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time and posting a review on our hotel location, facilities and its services.

It is heartening to get such reviews and we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Chennai. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you. My team and I are inspired by your comments and truly appreciate your gracious praise.

Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Chennai.

Warm regards

dhiraj.mehta@tridenthotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Although this hotel is very close to the airport there is no noise. The customer service is excellent and the food in Samudra is first class. The chef Raghavan cooked to our preference. Mani was very attentive. Will definitely return if in area again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alan C
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your stay at the Trident in Chennai.

I am very pleased to note that we were able to exceed your expectations in terms of location, food and most importantly -Service. People are the life and soul of our hotels. I am fortunate to have been working with these wonderful ladies and gentlemen who diligently uphold the values of our company by exceeding the expectations of our guests and creating everlasting memories.

I have shared your review with the Samudra team, especially Chef Raghavan and Mani, they are truly inspired to note that their efforts were well noticed and much appreciated. Thank you! It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels take you to this part of the world ; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Best regards

San Jose, California
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I missed my connecting flight from Hong Kong to Mumbai and was rerouted to Chennai. At 1:00 in the morning the staff was friendly and so helpful.. they took pity on this weary traveler and got me into a room with just a few hours notice, had a driver waiting for me at the airport and I had the pleasure of staying at this lovely hotel. The facility was beautiful, the staff was incredible, and the room was beautiful. I didn't eat as I was only there for 6 hours total - but enough time to know that when I return to Chennai this is where I will stay!

1 Thank KarenLBS
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to receive your review on TripAdvisor. I thank you for being our guest.

Trident Chennai offers relaxing ambience coupled with world-class amenities and bespoke services that make every guest's visit a delightful one such as yours.

We are pleased to know that our hotel exceeded your expectations and that you had an unforgettable experience. My team was delighted to know about your experience, your feedback has been a great source of motivation to each one of them.

I once again thank you for choosing Trident as your preferred hotel for your future stays as well.

Should you require any assistance from Trident Hotels, please do write to me at Dhiraj.Mehta@tridenthotels.com. We look forward to welcoming you back to Trident and Chennai.

With warmest personal regards,

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Great business type hotel a short distance from the airport. Utilised the hotel's transport to and from the airport - hassle free. The hotel is pretty new and the rooms are large enough and well appointed. Stayed on the 3rd floor and wasn't really aware of any noise. We enjoyed the lounge on the 3rd floor and were well looked after by the staff in there. We ate in the Cinammon restaurant where the were having a 'Food of Bengal' evening. The food was excellent and special thanks to Chef Pappa who gave us a great introduction and explanation of each of the dishes. We had to leave early the following morning so didn't really have chance to enjoy all that this hotel had to offer, which was a shame.

1 Thank nick_cook21
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Trident in Chennai.

I am very pleased to note that we were able to exceed your expectations in terms of location, facilities and most importantly -Service. People are the life and soul of our hotels. I am fortunate to have been working with these wonderful ladies and gentlemen who diligently uphold the values of our company by exceeding the expectations of our guests and creating everlasting memories.

I have shared your review with the team, especially Chef Pappu Singh, he is truly inspired to note that his efforts were well noticed and much appreciated. Thank you! It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Best regards

Pune
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Situated close to Airport. Free Airport Pick up & Drop by hotel. Well furnished rooms. Good food.. Taste of Tamilnadu.....Easy access to ECR road and other business locations. Better to avoid city trafic of chennai due to Metro construction

1 Thank mercbe2005
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

My team and I are inspired by your comments and truly appreciate your gracious praise. We look forward to your future visits, I take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Warm regards

Windsor UK
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I spent several nights at the hotel and it was unfortunately dominated for me by the noise of honking cars on the busy road right outside the front of the hotel and occasional airplanes. I had to sleep with ear plugs at night to get any sleep.
Otherwise the positives were... close to airport but not the city so good for a one night stay pre/post flying in/out. It has limited dining options but both were good - the buffets were also pleasant and good quality.
The small and spa/gym were adequate and not busy at all - pleasant staff there and indeed in most of the hotel with everyone keen to please. As others have noted the basic room rate soon escalates with wifi/breakfast and city taxes so be warned!
Airport transfers are included although after a 10hour flight on arrival the driver was not there but appeared 10 minutes later. On departure the hotel "lost" my early morning call (as a miserable member of reception Jyoti told me).... the nicer Ayesha did apologise.

Room Tip: Definitely demand a room at the back of the hotel or one that looks in to the inner courtyards.
1 Thank Neil C
Dear Guest,

I take this opportunity to express my gratitude to you for sharing your experience through TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

I am disheartened to note your feedback on hotel chauffeur, wakeup call and noise due to vehicles/aircrafts. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconveniences caused to you during your recent stay at Trident, Chennai. I have shared your concerns with respective department heads and have initiated corrective action. I assure you of a quiet room for all your future visits.

While I can fully understand that this might have marred your impression of Trident hotels, please allow me to assure you that this represents a departure from our normal standards of service and we would greatly appreciate an opportunity to correct your perception.

We look forward to welcome you back to Trident, Chennai. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The chennai trident hotel is located near chennai airport and just opposite to the G.S.T road. after arriving to the hootel i was amazed to see the hospitality of the crew members of the hotel. all of them were very kind and helpful. they would help in solving any problem regarding the lodging facilities,etc.. the hotel is very big and it is a 3 storey building. it is a 5 star hotel with all the facilities like swimming pool,spa,gym,cinema theatre,etc.. and the service was very imminent and hygienic. i love the place and i would visit th e same hotel whenever i go to chennai.... enjoy,cheers....

Room Tip: the back side of the hotel is very peaceful and the rooms at that side are peaceful too
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank aguero30
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident, Chennai.

I am delighted, you had a memorable stay at Trident, Chennai. Thank you so much for reviewing about our hotel facilities, services and especially our people.

We have a wonderful team who do all they can to make our guest experiences truly special and unforgettable. The team is “over the moon” and delighted to know that they lived up to your expectations. It will give me great pleasure to share your gracious praise with the team - your words of praise means the world to the entire team.

Our Chairman, Mr. PRS Oberoi always says that people are the most important aspect of our business. We are constantly reminded by our Chairman to select with care, train and support people in their work and to do all we can to keep people motivated and highly engaged.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Chennai. Please feel free to write to me for any assistance in Chennai or for reservation assistance for your future stays with Oberoi / Trident hotels.

Many thanks once again.