“Pleasant Stay”
Review of Trident, Chennai

Trident, Chennai
Ranked #10 of 400 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed February 17, 2014

One of the best places to stay in Chennai. with good food. and very easy access to Airport and calm atmosphere and all the hospitality services are very good........................................................................................

Room Tip: easy access to airport and quieter atmosphere for business person.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Greetings from Trident, Chennai.

I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I have made note of your feedback on food. I shall certainly convey it to the team. They would be more exited to hear your feedback.

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor.

Looking forward to welcome you back to Trident, Chennai.

Warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Trident, Chennai

Reviewed February 17, 2014

On our way to native, we landed at Trident. Old but calm hotel with all the best facilities, good to stay away from city. people are kind and become friendly easily. We dined at their coffee shop in the lobby, food was fantastic. chefs come and ask what you prefer and serve. My son liked the ambience. Hotel has good lawns and large swimming pool. we could not have access in the night. Next time will stay in this place.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Greetings from Trident, Chennai.

Thank you for reviewing about our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am glad to know that you enjoyed food at our restaurant. I have shared your feedback with my team and I am sure it would be of a tremendous source of inspiration to them.

Looking forward to welcome you back to Trident, Chennai. Please come and stay with us.

Warm personal regards,

Reviewed February 15, 2014

A few minutes from the airport excellent stopover on the way to Pondicherry close enough to certain areas of Chennai. Low rise with lots of greenery and gardens very un cluttered and peaceful !
Great food , good spread at Breakfast nice specialty restaurant , amazing pepper prawns
Very nice staff , moderate bar but fortunately a good selection of cigars. lovely pool .
wonderful Spa ,like all spa s in the chain .
Surprisingly economical . Very satisfying experience .
Recommended for any body with a hectic schedule !

Room Tip: pool or lawn facing rooms are quieter !
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am thrilled to learn that you have enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel and that our facilities and services were on par with your expectations.

I shall definitely share your feedback on 'pepper prawns' to the chef who had prepared it for you. I am sure that this would motivate him to delight other guests as well.

I really appreciate you for taking your valuable time to share your experience on this social platform. Feedback from patrons like you is very important to us.

Should you require any assistance from Trident Hotels, you may contact me on amit.khare@tridenthotels.com.

I am looking forward to the pleasure of meeting you on your next visit.

Please visit us again.

With warmest personal regards,

Reviewed February 11, 2014

the hotel has great ambience and beautiful. the rooms are spacious , well lit , neat & clean. the restaurant has wonderful service by the service employees and the food served was excellent .the breakfast buffet has very good spread & tasty also. the spa was very realaxing & amazing.overall very good experience

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to receive your review on Tripadvisor. I thank you for being our guest.

Trident Chennai offers relaxing ambience coupled with world-class amenities and bespoke services that make every guest's visit a delightful one such as yours.

We are pleased to know that our hotel exceeded your expectations and that you had an unforgettable experience.

We thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Trident, Chennai.

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Happened to drop into the Trident for dinner.. I should definitely say Happened to drop into the Trident for dinner yest late night by 11pm and had an awesome experience throughout...I should definitely say about the wonderful service by the service employees and the food served..one of the best services I have come across in the city, especially the service staff(Ms.Vysh**) with fresh smile and energy even at that late hours with great concern for the guest..was totally happy when the chef, Mr.Lava, came down to us to get our assorted menu since we were late and one of the tandoori dishes we wanted was not
available...great hospitality and care on
the guests..way to go..

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident, Chennai. Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

I am very much delighted to know that you had a wonderful dining experience. I am very proud of my team, who had rendered an outstanding service to you.

Your constructive feedback regarding the staff is invaluable and much appreciated and put to good use as we strive to provide impeccable service ensuring a memorable experience.

It is so special to know that you found Vyshnavi and Lava “polite, prompt and courteous”. I will personally pass on your appreciation to both of them.

Please do come and stay with us and enjoy the other facilities available at Trident, Chennai as well.

Looking forward to welcome you back to Trident, Chennai

Warm personal regards,

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Though not the first time in Trident, Chennai during business, this was the first time unusual things happened. I was travelling with my colleagues from Tokyo and Singapore. Everything was usual (Check In, Stay, breakfast) except for the Check Out and Airport Drop experiences on 9th Feb 2014.

I had finished Check out around 7:30 am and while having breakfast, I observed that there were many foreign tourists (around 20 members) checking in the hotel. (I was skeptical whether this would hinder with the check out procedures of my colleagues.) When my colleagues tried to check out around 8:10 am, they were given a feedback form and asked to fill it. And, when they had rated 8 out of 10 for certain aspects, they were asked why they gave 8 instead of 10. (It may still be okay if one asks why the rating is 0 or 1). I feel Trident members should understand that 8 is not close to Zero and forcefully asking somebody to give a higher rating will only result in some bad Trip Advisor reviews.

Next, one of my colleagues Ms. Sugita was shown an invoice in which breakfast on one of the days during her stay was charged (Breakfast was supposed to be complimentary in our deal). When we asked the Trident member to remove the entry and reissue the invoice and the Trident member said that it is not possible. She proposed that she will charge the incorrect amount to my colleague's Credit Card and refund the difference by Cash. Of course, if the card being used to settle the payment is an Indian Credit Card, this doesn't make much difference other than some additional paper work. However, my colleague was from Singapore and was using an International Credit Card denominated in Singapore dollars and my colleague had to incur additional forex charges on this additional amount that was charged to her Credit Card. In essence, just empowering Trident members with a Cancel option would have saved some forex charges and prevented her bank getting marginally richer.

Next, we had requested an Airport Drop (which was complimentary for Trident Club room). We requested two cars to report at 8:15 am on 9th Feb.
It was about 8:20 am by the time we all finished the "long" Check out procedure. We were waiting near the exit and were informed that our cars were "on the way" and would take another 10 minutes. Though we did not have much time left as we had a flight to catch at 9:45 am, we waited patiently without any choice(Chennai Airport is a 10 minute drive from Trident but I was worried whether we will be able to make it on time as BJP's PM Candidate for 2014 elections, Mr. Narendra Modi was scheduled to leave Chennai on 9th morning). Around 8:35am, one Innova comes near the porch and one of the Trident member tells me "Sir, you are just 4 members and can adjust in one Innova". My colleagues were from Tokyo and Singapore and were carrying big heavy luggage with them. As we did not have much time left, we had to compromise and one of my colleague Mr. Senda had to somehow squeeze himself in the rear seat.
Though I understand that the vehicles were delayed due to "Unusually high number of tourists" checking in at the same time, isn't it the responsibility of Trident Chennai to plan and provide good service to all the guests?
Though Trident members don't want to "adjust" with a feedback of 8 out of 10, they make their guests to "adjust" according to their convenience. How can we make Trident members understand that people choose 5 star properties for luxury and convenience and not for "Adjustments"?

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Greetings from Trident, Chennai.

It was indeed a pleasure talking to you over phone. At the outset, please accept my heartfelt apologies for all the inconveniences you and your colleagues have faced at Trident, Chennai. Your feedback on ‘check out and airport drop’ was of a great concern to me.

I have taken it up with the Manager in charge of Front Office Operations with due seriousness it deserves. I know that we have failed to meet your expectations, for which a simple apology would not suffice. I would only request you to treat it as a final unpleasant experience that you have ever had with Trident, Chennai and give us another opportunity to prove ourselves. I promise you that our distinctive service will tempt you to return and stay with us again.

Please be assured, I would never let such incidents repeat at our hotel. I would like to meet you on your next visit to our hotel. For any assistance from Trident, Chennai please do not hesitate to contact me on my cellular phone number +91 98843 04747.

Looking forward to welcome you back at the hotel.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Very ambient!very nice loacton- excellent receptuon staff- unique dress code witheye soothing and relaxing colour of dress-nice flowers which are real and not artificial-excellent rooms with absoloute relaxing ved and chairs- however you may include a double bedded room instead of two single beds in a single room.nice curtains and lots of sunshine coming through the windows.like a dream personal resort - excellent swimming pool with very cordial gym instructor-nice spa and excellent cuisine - ample variety of breakfast menu -excellent housekeeping and looking forward to stay in all trident hotels across the country in future and find the best of the best trident!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank samrat2014dutta
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Greetings from Trident, Chennai.

I thank you for staying with us and sparing your valuable time to share your experience through TripAdvisor.

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed our facilities and hospitiality. It is our constant endeavour to provide our guests an outstanding experience. I have also made note of your bed preference. Please be assured of the same on your next visit.

I have shared your feedback with my team. I am sure your positive feedback will encourage them to do their best further.

I am looking forward to another opportunity to serve you.

With warmest personal regards,