“Great hotel near Chennai airport”
Review of Trident, Chennai

Trident, Chennai
Ranked #9 of 403 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My work colleague and I stayed here for 1 night at the end of February 2013. We arrived about 10pm on an international flight and departed on a 10am domestic flight. The Trident is only a 5-10min drive from the airport. We normally stay at the Radisson, which is only a few doors down but it was fully booked.

I must say that it was a pleasant surprise as I have not stayed at a Trident Hotel before. From the time we met the complimentary airport pick up, check in, breakfast, check out and return to the airport, the staff were excellent. Extremely friendly and helpful. We stayed in the Garden Suite rooms which were very spacious, clean and well appointed. Robes, slippers, fruit and tea and coffee facilities made it a very comfortable and enjoyable stay. The bathroom products are Kama Ayurveda which are quality Indian products. Breakfast buffet was good - just watch out for the cereal dispensers as the tops are not secured - I saw multiple people attempt to pour cereal into their bowl and it went onto the table and all over the floor. Staff in the restaurant are particularly attentive. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Greetings from Trident, Chennai

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I shall share your feedback with my team. Your feedback on cereal dispenser was of great concern to me. I am sorry about the inconvenience you faced during breakfast. We shall try to place a dispenser which is very easy to use.

We appreciate your taking the time and trouble to post your review online. Your feedback is very important to us and it will always assist us to monitor and improve our service levels.

My team and I look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits.

Thank you.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night in the Trident Hotel, and arriving at 2am after a long flight from London before a 10am onward flight to Sri Lanka. The hotel is just 10 minute drive from Chennai airport so was ideal for us, and it was surprisingly luxurious for an airport hotel. The receptionist was very helpful as our travel agent had made a mistake with the booking but the problem was quickly resolved. The other staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was small but perfectly fine for one night. There was a large selection to choose from for the buffet breakfast in the morning and the hotel offered a complementary transfer back to the airport in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2013
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay at Trident, Chennai and found everything to your satisfaction.

We constantly endeavour to wow our guests and are thrilled we succeeded with you. Please give us an opportunity to serve you again.

Looking forward to your continued visits.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel is situated only a 20 minutes drive from the airport, they operate a 5 star pick up and drop off so no hassel getting to an fro.

Check was excellent and the rooms are a good size for two people and the showers are hot! The hotel has an amazing pool area and spa that you can escape to after a hard days work . The staff are young and eager to please , every one has a smile and it is hard to say anything bad about the place. The food is completely safe. Try everything.

Getting a taxi can be a bit of an issue from the hotel and the hotel taxi is expensive. so you may need to venture out or ask someone to order you a meter taxi which is set at zero and you pay whats on the metre .

The people are very friendly outside ( but can look a little scary) but speak little or no English outside the hotel ( not sure why? its a bit like the French thing)

The other minor issue was the Wifi you pay for time 30 min, 60 min etc and it can get expensive. If your there long ask for it to be complementary. I certainly will go again but without wifi on tap I would not.

Take note Trident its the little things that have got nothing to do with hotel service that will make the difference in a modern FB world.

Room Tip: 262 was where I was seemed good enough
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent posting on TripAdvisor.

We were very pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I will be quick to share your feedback with my team.

I have made note of your feedback on wifi. I wish to recommend our ‘Business Travelers Plus Package’ to you which includes complimentary internet. You may book your next trip on the said package.

We appreciate your taking the time to post your review online. Your feedback will assist us to monitor and improve our service levels. We hope to welcome you back to the Trident Chennai again in the near future.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Less than 5 mins away from the Chennai airport and so ideal if you have to catch an early morning flight. The hotel car happily dropped me to the airport at no additional charge. On the flip side, my pool side room did get a slight background noise when planes took off.

Rooms are standard 5 star; corriders seemed a little tired compared to Oberoi's high standards. Staff was extremely courteous throughout, even during the check-in when I sensed that people were under some pressure. Next morning everything was bright and cheerful, though.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor.

We value your feedback as it is always a pleasure to hear from a satisfied guest. I have made note of your feedback on rooms and the corridor. I will share your review with team Trident.

We appreciate your taking the time to write this online for the community and hope to welcome you back to Trident, Chennai again.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stay at Trident Chennai hotel on Feb 20 but it’s not a pleasant stay. We reserved 2 rooms in your hotels and my colleague and I arrive the hotel at midnight about 12:30pm and ready for check it. However, the Front Office Manager come to us and said the hotel and all nearby hotels are fully booked. Therefore, he asked my colleague and I share one room and refund the money to us. However, we have 100% prepaid in advance thru our travel agent for 2 rooms!!!! What a ridiculous!

We insist to have 2 rooms and tell him to fix the issue and may be upgrade one of us to another type of room. He keep saying that all rooms and nearby hotels are fulled booked and he can try to transfer one of us to another hotel, but the chance is very low as all the hotel is fully booked.

We really get mad and we tell them not to moving to another hotel and we don’t want to separate and we are really tried after hours of flights and we just need a room for refreshment and get some sleep and it’s MIDNIGHT!!!!!!!!!

We wait for 15 minutes in the lobby, finally, he packed us into 2 room, and we don’t know how come another room appears suddenly!!! The room is not good too, 1 room with smoke smell and the other one with 2 beds, anyway, no complain from us and we just need a room!!!!

It seems to me that your hotel got a lot of empty rooms as the café during breakfast time is not full and we just saw a few people in the lobby in the morning for check out or waiting for car pick.

It really a nightmare and disappointed for the way you treat your customer!

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your review on tripadvisor.

I have written to you and spoken with you over telephone. I am so sorry for the trouble and inconvenience you and your colleague faced while checking-in at the hotel. There is no justification for keeping you waiting and for suggesting that your colleague and you share a room. Please be rest assured, I have personally had a detailed conversation with the concerned department head and I would like to assure you that an incident like this will not be repeated.

If I can ever be of any assistance with reservations at Trident, Chennai, please do not hesitate to write to me. I promise you of a comfortable and memorable stay.

Looking forward to welcome you back to Trident, Chennai.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

It was a short visit. starting from reception, housekeeper, restaurant staff. all wer friendly. I liked Indian food. Kulfi is the best ever I had in India. Good gymnasium, best of fitness equipment. Pleasing attire and friendly approach. I recommend all my people to stay with Trident across the country. Well maintained gardens. I use mostly sheraton in the city. Trident is preferred as airport hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident, Chennai.

I thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor.

It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us during your recent visit to Chennai. I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback is imperative.

I have conveyed your generous compliments to the team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Trident and Chennai.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

It a comfortable and well arrange hotel . It's a good hotel and I am pleased to be here. The staff here is extremely warm and hospitable . They go out of their way to assit us. I tried the the pizza to check if it was European style and it was really good. I like the breakfast spread. My only feedback for improvement is that the rooms is cold when you arrive and takes a while to become normal. My pick was good. I would ask to stay at trident chennai for my future visits. Internet could be offered complimentary

Room Tip: I'd recommend cinnamon
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident, Chennai.

I thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor.

It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us during your recent visit to Chennai. I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback is imperative and it gives us tremendous source of inspiration to excel further.

I have made note of your feedback on room temperature and will take necessary steps to make your stay comfortable with us.

With regard to internet, may I request you to choose our 'Business Travelers Plus Package' which is inclusive of complimentary internet.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Trident and Chennai.