“Useful location, though getting a bit tired”
Review of Trident, Chennai

Trident, Chennai
Ranked #10 of 397 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Mumbai
“Useful location, though getting a bit tired”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Less than 5 mins away from the Chennai airport and so ideal if you have to catch an early morning flight. The hotel car happily dropped me to the airport at no additional charge. On the flip side, my pool side room did get a slight background noise when planes took off.

Rooms are standard 5 star; corriders seemed a little tired compared to Oberoi's high standards. Staff was extremely courteous throughout, even during the check-in when I sensed that people were under some pressure. Next morning everything was bright and cheerful, though.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor.

We value your feedback as it is always a pleasure to hear from a satisfied guest. I have made note of your feedback on rooms and the corridor. I will share your review with team Trident.

We appreciate your taking the time to write this online for the community and hope to welcome you back to Trident, Chennai again.

Amit Khare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stay at Trident Chennai hotel on Feb 20 but it’s not a pleasant stay. We reserved 2 rooms in your hotels and my colleague and I arrive the hotel at midnight about 12:30pm and ready for check it. However, the Front Office Manager come to us and said the hotel and all nearby hotels are fully booked. Therefore, he asked my colleague and I share one room and refund the money to us. However, we have 100% prepaid in advance thru our travel agent for 2 rooms!!!! What a ridiculous!

We insist to have 2 rooms and tell him to fix the issue and may be upgrade one of us to another type of room. He keep saying that all rooms and nearby hotels are fulled booked and he can try to transfer one of us to another hotel, but the chance is very low as all the hotel is fully booked.

We really get mad and we tell them not to moving to another hotel and we don’t want to separate and we are really tried after hours of flights and we just need a room for refreshment and get some sleep and it’s MIDNIGHT!!!!!!!!!

We wait for 15 minutes in the lobby, finally, he packed us into 2 room, and we don’t know how come another room appears suddenly!!! The room is not good too, 1 room with smoke smell and the other one with 2 beds, anyway, no complain from us and we just need a room!!!!

It seems to me that your hotel got a lot of empty rooms as the café during breakfast time is not full and we just saw a few people in the lobby in the morning for check out or waiting for car pick.

It really a nightmare and disappointed for the way you treat your customer!

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your review on tripadvisor.

I have written to you and spoken with you over telephone. I am so sorry for the trouble and inconvenience you and your colleague faced while checking-in at the hotel. There is no justification for keeping you waiting and for suggesting that your colleague and you share a room. Please be rest assured, I have personally had a detailed conversation with the concerned department head and I would like to assure you that an incident like this will not be repeated.

If I can ever be of any assistance with reservations at Trident, Chennai, please do not hesitate to write to me. I promise you of a comfortable and memorable stay.

We appreciate your taking the time to post your review online. Your feedback will assist us to monitor and improve our service levels.

Looking forward to welcome you back to Trident, Chennai.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed March 7, 2013

It was a short visit. starting from reception, housekeeper, restaurant staff. all wer friendly. I liked Indian food. Kulfi is the best ever I had in India. Good gymnasium, best of fitness equipment. Pleasing attire and friendly approach. I recommend all my people to stay with Trident across the country. Well maintained gardens. I use mostly sheraton in the city. Trident is preferred as airport hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this review, March 8, 2013

I thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor.

It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us during your recent visit to Chennai. I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback is imperative.

I have conveyed your generous compliments to the team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

Abbeville, France
Reviewed March 5, 2013

It a comfortable and well arrange hotel . It's a good hotel and I am pleased to be here. The staff here is extremely warm and hospitable . They go out of their way to assit us. I tried the the pizza to check if it was European style and it was really good. I like the breakfast spread. My only feedback for improvement is that the rooms is cold when you arrive and takes a while to become normal. My pick was good. I would ask to stay at trident chennai for my future visits. Internet could be offered complimentary

Room Tip: I'd recommend cinnamon
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this review, March 6, 2013

I thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor.

It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us during your recent visit to Chennai. I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback is imperative and it gives us tremendous source of inspiration to excel further.

I have made note of your feedback on room temperature and will take necessary steps to make your stay comfortable with us.

With regard to internet, may I request you to choose our 'Business Travelers Plus Package' which is inclusive of complimentary internet.

Manila
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Aa a well seasoned traveller, I must say that I was very much impressed with the courteous and very helpful hotel staff in general. From the front desk to the chef and kitchen staff, the service and attitude to the guests are exemplary. As I love Indian food, specially that served in the hotel, chef Sundar and his staff provided me with recipes and gave me helpful information. The front desk ladies were very knowledgable in providing information about the city, specially shopping areas. I was even provided by a hairbrush when I requested for one that they had to secure from the market on a special request. All these details made my short stay in your outstanding hotel a very pleasant one. Thank you all!

Room Tip: The Trident hotel, because of their excellent staff, is truly remarkable and would make any travelle...

Austin, TX
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I just spent 4 nights at this hotel. I usually stay at the Radisson Blu almost next door to this hotel, but there were no rooms available this time. I like these hotels of their location with respect to the customers I need to visit outside the city of Chennai. Location near the airport is convenient when you have to travel out to Europe in one of the typical early morning flights (mine was at 4:00 am). At that time of the morning, it takes 5 minutes from the door of the hotel to the international departure area. Also good for arrival past midnight, and not having to ride a long way to a hotel in the city.

The Trident is ok, and I would stay there again if I couldn't get the Radisson. The location is good for my needs, but closeness to the airport and the highway outside may not be optimum for others.myou do hear planes and traffic if you get a room facing the front of the hotel.

I prefer the Middle-Eastern restaurants at the Radisson (Yalla, Yalla and The Great Kebap) over those at the Trident. I like the ambiance and decor better. I like sitting outside and I also prefer the food choices. Except for the first night, I walked over there every evening to eat.

The bar at the Radisson is also a lot livelier, and more like a sports bar. The bar at the Trident is more like a club lounge at a US hotel: more brightly lit, very quiet, more like a living room. Which one is better depends on what you are looking for. Quiet downtime - Trident. Meeting people and more typical bar atmosphere - Radisson Blu.

The Trident is somewhat removed from everything except the airport. If you have business in Chennai proper, you might want to stay closer your daily destination and other amenities. Traffic in Chennai and other large Indian cities is horrendous. Lane stripes seem to be only suggestions that are rarely heeded. Roads with a single center stripe will actually have three lanes of cars with another couple of lanes of two-wheelers (motorcycles and mopeds). Even with little traffic, taxi drivers like to drive with stripes centered between the wheels of the car.

The Trident looks like it is starting to age inside. The rooms are nice, but the wood finish looks like it has been around a while. It is not bad, but could use a renovation in the next couple of years.

Breakfast offered a good variety of well prepared foods. Food for dinner was good too, but sitting at the restaurant in the lobby did not provide any nice ambiance. It felt more like sitting in a nice cafeteria.

There were a lot of mosquitoes in the hotel: lobby, elevator, rooms, etc. They didn't bother me much, and the couple of bites I got did not result in a welt, like they do in the part of the US that I live in. Still, I did not see as many mosquitoes inside the other hotels I visited during this trip. I don't know why there were more inside the Trident. Somehow other hotels seemed to manage to keep the mosquitoes outside.

Value-wise, I thought that for the rate I paid, I should have received breakfast and free Internet. I got that at the other Indian hotels I stayed in this trip. I had to pay extra at the Trident, though they did credit me 1 hour of free Internet time every day.

Bottom line for me: I'd stay in this hotel again if I couldn't get a reservation at the Radisson next door. My morning commute takes me south right in front of the hotel so it is convenient for me. If I were going just to our office in town, I'd find something closer to it.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the inside courtyard. One side of the hotel faces the highway that is prett...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this review, February 28, 2013

I thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor.

It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us during your recent visit to Chennai. I have made note of your feedback completely with regard to the product and service. Your feedback is imperative and will work towards improving the areas wherever it is possible.

With regard to your feedback on internet, I wish to inform you that we have 'Business Travelers Plus Package' which is inclusive of complimentary internet. For your future stays with us, may I request you to write to us on 'reservations.TTCH@tridenthotels.com' to book a room on the above mentioned package.

Looking forward to welcome you back to Trident and Chennai.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel surprised me pleasantly. I am a regular business traveler and am used to large hotels. What struck me about this hotel is that despite being a big place and being fully booked out, it did not seem to be crowded at all.

The staff was very courteous and payed personal attention to my needs. It is rare for attendants at breakfast to be asking you how your stay has been and if your room is upto your expectations.

The food options are limited with only 2 restraunts but it is more than made up by the quality of food and its spread.

But the highlight of my trip was how the staff treated me when I met with a freak accident outside the hotel after checking out . I came back to the hotel to get some first aid and was met with very empathetic and friendly staff who showed genuine concern. They offered to open a room for me to help me shower and clean my wound , offered to get help from a doctor and even provided a complimentary drop off to the airport. Just the kind of care you need and deeply appreciate when away from home.

I thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor.

It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us during your recent visit to Chennai. I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I have conveyed your generous compliments to my team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

Our endeavor has always been to surpass our guest's expectations, which we will always continue. Should you require any assistance from Trident Chennai, you may feel free to write to us on generalmanager.chennai@tridenthotels.com.

My team and I look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits.