“An excellent "little world" in Chennai!!!”
Review of Trident, Chennai

Trident, Chennai
Ranked #9 of 397 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Monterrey, Mexico
“An excellent "little world" in Chennai!!!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed in Trident Chennai for one month, the hotel was like my "home", the all staff make me feel like that, always,always friendly, helpful.The pool is beautiful and clean, the gym is great, that had highest tech equipment. The menu for the restaurant and the room service was excellent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank EstrellaManriqu... M
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this review, February 28, 2013

I thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor.

I have shared your feedback with my team. Looking forward to welcome you back to Trident and Chennai.

Amit Khare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have been to this hotel strictly on business travelling through chennai, usually staying only a night or two and every time I have stayed there it's been great. The female manager (I can't believe I forgot her name) is an excellent manager. She is so polite, and extremely effective. One time I stayed at the hotel, I accidentally took my bosses passport and he left the Chennai area without it. I had to catch a flight in a few hours and she took care of getting the courier to get the passport to him in Bangalore. The other occasion I met her was when the hotel forgot to pick me up from the airport, she was extremely apologetic and made the inconvience right for me. In fact, all the staff is helpful and not over the top. Bali the gym manager is also excellent. Pool, gym and spa are top notch. Food is excellent as well. Rooms are clean, a little on the humid side, but not a con that would effect your stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this review, February 11, 2013

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed in the Trident after three weeks of travelling all around India just to wind down and "do nothing" before we flew back. The staff were all extremely helpful, friendly, well turned out and they provide an excellent service. The menu for the resturant and the room service was good and the food well prepared and tasty. The Pool was just the place to relax.
Be careful of the taxes on the alchohol.
All in all a great place to stay-thank you

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this review, February 7, 2013

I thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor.

It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us during your recent visit to Chennai. I am glad to know that you and your group have enjoyed your stay with us.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

pros :
- close to the airport
- staff is nice and really helpfull
- breakfast
Cons :
- location : you can visit the oil station which are next to the hotel but it really the only thing that you can reach by walk
- smell in the rooms : really smells humidity despite AC
- bars and restaurant
So exept if it close to your destination, go elsewhere.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

I thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor.

It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us during your recent visit to Chennai. I thank you for highlighting us on the shortfalls at the hotel. I have made note of the shortfalls and corrective measures will be initiated wherever feasible.

I assure you of a comfortable stay. Please do give us an opportunity to be of your service

Cardiff, Wales
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We are encouraged on TripAdvisor to share our experienes, good or otherwise, and I welcome this opportunity to compliment this hotel. It was the final stop on a Titan Tour- Bombay to the backwaters of Kerala; the hotel stops were of generally high standard and this was no exception. Situated conveniently close to the airport, our tour party were greeted by the hotel with the customary cold drinks and flowers.
The staff were friendly, helpful and very well turned out, well up to the Trident standards. The food offerings were cleverly designed to appeal to a wide audience, and constantly delighted me and my fellow travellers with their inventiveness. One had to be careful when ordering drinks as any imported alchohol carried a punitive extra 106% tax as I once again found to my costs when confronted by the bill! Still the hotel, set in its own attractive grounds, offered a safe and quiet retreat from the incredible fast paced city.

Room Tip: Our room was at the heart of the hotel, with views over the indoor garden.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this review, February 3, 2013

Greetings from Trident, Chennai.

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor.

It gives us immense pleasure to know that you and your group have enjoyed your stay with us.

I have shared your feedback with my team. Your feedback will give our team a tremendous source of inspiration.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I always stay at the Trident when I need a quick getaway to the airport.

For my business needs it is perfect - well appointed, clean and friendly. The staff here are first class: clearly trained to be as helpful as they possibly can be to guests, while retaining a friendly and genuine manner.

While I imagine this hotel would also be a very pleasant place to stay for a holiday, the various facilities it has for the business traveller means I cannot recommend it highly enough for these purposes.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

I thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor.

It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us during your recent visit to Chennai. I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with my team.
Your feedback will give our team a tremendous source of inspiration. Please do let me know, if I can be of any assitance from Trident Hotels.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

The hotel staff have made a lasting impression of hospitality friendliness and professionalism. Made up my mind to stay at Trident every time I visit Chennai. A heartful thanks to every one who made my stay very pleasurable at Trident.

• Stayed January 2013