“Good business hotel close to the airport”
Review of Trident, Chennai

Trident, Chennai
Ranked #9 of 394 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Zurich, Switzerland
“Good business hotel close to the airport”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The hotel is located at a 10 min drive from the airport (though current construction activities might delay your trip quite a bit). The hotel arranges free transfers to/from the airport. Staff are friendly and competent; both check-in and check-out were a lot faster than at most other Indian hotels. The rooms are nice and clean and come with the usual amenities (TV, airconditioning, safe, alarm clock). There's a bar in the hotel which serves some tasty snacks as well as two restaurants. One of them serves surprisingly good pizzas, the other is more focused at local foods of high quality, but also a tad overpriced. I did not try the pool in the garden of the hotel. The rooms are well sound-proofed and you'll barely be able hear the airplanes flying over the hotel. There is no free WiFi (1 hr is free per stay). I hate this practice of charging the guests who already pay a good price for the room for an extremely minor service such as WiFi-use, but it is unfortunately very common, especially in business hotels. Breakfast is served close to the lobby and gives a decent choice of English, continental (strangely no orange juice?!) and Indian breakfast options. All in all a very decent hotel for a business stay.

1 Thank m1508
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this review, January 23, 2013

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

It gives us immense pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your recent stay. Your feedback is very important to us. It encourages us to do extremely well and surpass our guest’s expectations.

I would definitely share your feedback with my team. I have made note of your feedback on the internet. I would wish to inform you that we do have ‘Business Travelers Plus Package which is inclusive of internet. May I request you to write to me amit.khare@tridenthotels.com to book your room for your future visits.

I am looking forward to the pleasure of your continued visits.

Amit Khare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Corsham
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed here for our first night, and then travelled around staying in some fabulous hotels. However we agreed at the end that there had been something very special about the Trident which made it our favourit. Admittedly we were only there for a really short time, but the smiles of the staff and the breakfast will remain forever in our memories.

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

I would definitely share your feedback with my team, for whom it would be a tremendous source of inspiration.

I am looking forward to the pleasure of your continued visits.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Great cozy hotel with a boutique feel. Small enough to feel at home with a personal touch and all the needs of the business traveller. Lovely pool, small but well fitted gym and a super spa too.very close to the airport.

I thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor.

It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us during your recent visit to Chennai. I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with my team.

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I have visited this hotel many times during the last seven years, traveling mostly for business but also for leissure.
It was always a good hotel: elegant, clean , good service , good food!
I especialy like to take a bath in the outdoor swiming pool in the back garden and sometime to have a masage in the small spa!
It is also great to stay next to the airport ...especialy with the India trafic and in our days , with so many public work in progress in Chennai!

• Stayed January 2013
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this review, January 21, 2013

New Delhi, India
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Overall experience was good. Hotel is very close to the Chennai airport, the staff was extremely courteous, nice clean rooms and good options of both Indian and International cuisine. I infact had all the 3 meals in the hotel - both room service and multi cuisine restaurant (Cinnamon), food was awesome loved the flavors and authenticity

I hired the hotel cars for my travel in the city and the drivers were really courteous and helpful. Its a good hotel for short business trips and saves you from missing you flights due to crazy Chennai traffic :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this review, January 20, 2013

Gujarat, India
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Not a very professional service and the staff was full of trainees, even at the reception desk. Rooms were OK. There was a stink of stale air in the room which put us off. The breakfast spread was good though.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank indiantraveller61

I thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor.

Your feedback on some shortfalls at our hotel was of great concern to me. I have made note of your feedback in detail. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused to you. I have personally taken up these issues with my team and have addressed it with due seriousness.

I assure you of a positive change on your next visit. Looking forward to welcome you back to Trident, Chennai.

Raipur, India
Reviewed January 19, 2013

It's very nice and convinient place to stay in Chennai. Offers everything required for work, meetings, presentation and after the days work a nice workout and spa followed by dinner at Samudra is wonderful and recharging for the next day.

Excellent hosts.

Room Tip: If your slepp is very delicate, ask the rooms on the pool side.