Trident, Chennai
Park Hyatt Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$91
Taj Club House(Chennai (Madras))
$150
$66
Hotels.com
Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels(Chennai (Madras))
$71
$61
$86
$58
Agoda.com
The Park Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$63
$59
Hotels.com
The Leela Palace Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$132
$128
  • Pool
Taj Coromandel Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$140
Taj Hotels
$171
  • Pool
1,348 results
All reviewsclose to the airportcinnamon restaurantoberoi groupexcellent servicebusiness tripairport pickrestaurant staffin room diningcourteous staffcomfortable stayexcellent hotelcoffee shopgreat hospitalityquality of foodbreakfast spreadspecial mentionexcellent stay
995 - 1,000 of 1,348 reviews
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had to stay for 15 nights in the Trident hotel for business at the airport. The hotel was very close to the airport and provided a good overall service for people staying on the ' flight crew package'. As a frequent traveller I would say the hotel was better than a lot of airport hotels, and the laundry service for crew uniform was great. I loved the way all my shirts were returned cleaner than my washing machine at home and neatly packaged ready for repcking at the end of my stay. The front desk staff were very polite and spoke excellent English. I would be more than happy to stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank petefromnorwich
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I would share your feedback with my team.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel a few times years ago. I stopped staying here as the wear-and-tear was very visible and the maintenance was poor. This time I had to stay near the airport as i had a 12-hour layover. I was plesantly surprised. I was in a club room and the room was quite nice, updated and in good condition. The gym was excellent with a wide variety of equipment. The spa was simple and okay. The breakfast buffet was good. Staff in Chennai hotels are generally very good and this hotel was no exception. All in all, a good surprise. Good option if you need to be in that side of town and within 10 minutes from the airport.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Hiyer
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

I have shared your feedback with my team and conveyed your generous compliments to the team for whom it is a tremendous source of inspiration.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We travel all over India on business and this was a great stay. It was a definite 5 star stay. Things are different when you travel international but they really made nice accommodations for a person from America to stay here. Have stayed in dozens of hotels in India and this one was great.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KarDan1404
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The Stay was Excellent.

This Hotel was in the Center of the city.

The rooms were enough spacious and quite Cozy
The Atmosphere was Quite Relaxing.
The Service was Excellent.
The Welcome was great too.

Had a wonderful experience at this Hotel
Reallly Enjoyed !!
Planning to go there again.!!

Room Tip: A Must for Business Travel in Chennai
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Reviewed August 27, 2012

The pool side is a delight. Hammocks on coconut trees, colorful surrounding, spa on the spot. I couldn’t use the pool, as it was closed for renovation, but it sure looked tempting. It’s deep enough to play “mermaid fetching a coin”. No diving though. It’s in the open & clean, again couldn’t use it 
The location is a pain. Next to the air strip of the Chennai airport, noise from flights & the road don’t let you be peaceful.
Room came as a disappointing when you’d start comparing with Trident Gurgaon- cramped to a bit & maintenance can use a hand or two in bath & fittings. Somehow, the bathroom seemed to have lost the battle of securing enough space to accommodate a six feet two (almost ) not vertically but in spatial terms.
Prompt service when needed is a delight, similar breakfast kills some joy. Call for room servicing it’s 10 min away at max in my experience.
Do not go to the bar 30 min before happy hours close- if you’d order drinks which they punch in the system after happy hours get over, you’ll end paying the full price. Flat response & straight eyebrows will turn you into a chauvinistic even if you don’t want to.
Overall a satisfactory stay, would try again to see if a dip in the pool makes it rosier.

Room Tip: Don't take rooms with window to the road.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mrinal_mrinal77
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry that you were unable to access our pool. Pool was closed in order to carry out our regular maintenance.

I am disheartened to know that some of our hotel services were not up to your expectation. I have shared your feedback with my team. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconveniences caused to you. I have taken up these issues with due seriousness it requires. I assure you that you will see a positive change on your next visit.

Please do not let this mar your impression of our hotel. I would request you to treat your recent stay in isolation and grant us another opportunity to serve you better. For your future reservations, may I request you to write to me on amit.khare@tridenthotels.com?

I assure you of a comfortable and enjoyable stay at Trident Chennai for your future visits.

We look forward to welcome you back to Trident and Chennai.