“Good Look and Good service except room”
Review of Ambica Empire

Ambica Empire
Ranked #120 of 415 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed recently in Hotel Ambica for two days. Reception staff was quite friendly and hotel look was excellent and we really got feeling of coming to 5 star hotel although hotel is 3 star. After checking into heritage room, we relaxed ourself and after some time we started getting stingy smell in room. I believe this was coming from AC, then i called room service staff and room was quickly spreayed with room freshner. Since we had checked in early morning, so to get light in room, we removed curtons of the windows and the view outside of window was pathetic. There was bachelors building opposite to window and it was very shabby which distrubed our mind lot. So we closed curtons and have to stay in the dark bcoz room do not have sufficient lights and it feels like very dark.

TV also had some problem that suddenly it will only show channel to the one which you are watching and don't move to next channel and TV remote goes to block mode. You need to get up and touch to TV fixed buttons to get the remote block removed.

Other wise room service, hotel look, hotel staffs, hotel complimentry break fast every thing was beyond our expectations.

The location of hotel is just 2km away from Main bus stand but to reach hotel it will take more than 30 mins due to flyover construction work on the road.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dineshpawar01

Reviewed August 1, 2011

I booked through a website for 2 nights. I liked the looks of it. I was not disappointed by the room. It was fine. The food at breakfast was good. The room service was nice and prompt. The complimentries were also fine. There is a Metro rail construction on the road and sometimes the traffic is awful, but once you are in the hotel you can freshen up. I was happy and hence decided to extend the stay.

I had two issues at the hotel though -
1] I went for breakfast and asked for a dosa. At least 7 foriegners got served before me and I just waited to be served! I felt disgusted and left without eating. Aparthied!!

2] I wanted to stay for 1 more night. I checked with the reception and I somehow do not remember the name of the person (starts with SH..). He was very terse in telling me that there are no rooms available and if I wish to continue I have to pay 7000/- for a business class room. Obvioulsy I was in no mood to pay that kind of money. I casually checked the same website from the room - I got a price of Rs. 3,600/-. I rechecked with the reception and got a feeling that they perhaps do not like people coming thru website booking.

I did not stay there and shifted to another hotel. For the 2 incidents above I do not think I will ever go there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank sanjayicon
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I visit for business trip to chennai .i stayed in hotel ambica empire for five nights , the service was excellent , the staffs friendly with us,the rooms are well maintained its very easy for shopping .The food was excellent ,I really happy with the service i had.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Very Friendly Hotel to stay and Good Food,

I had booked this Hotel for Honey moon to my brother as I had experienced exception service and the Quality. Its Value for Money.

It was very pleasant saty for them as well and they thanked me for booked in such a Good hotel and the other important factor is it is easily accessible to all parts of the city for site seeing.

Great and Keep up the Good work...

Only one feedback may not be so relevant.. Food was good since they were from Andhra they are used for spicy stuff, and had a feedback that the Food is not spicy.
If they can tailor make to the custoer taste than nothing like that.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2011

1. The staff went out of the way to ensure my comfort. There was some issue with my booking (Internet-based booking) but the manager personally ensured that I wasn't put through any discomfort. Applause!

2. The room was well-maintained, the bathroom was clean and sparkling, no leaks anywhere, and room service was really quick and amazing!

3. Wi-Fi, was surprisingly fast, connectivity was good, and ease of use was high.

4. The place also has a decent pub, where they even play some liveband music....

Overall, a definite stay option for the middle management business traveler!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2011

The look & feel of the renovated rooms is much better. Rooms are spacious enough for 02 pax with twin beds. The restaurant is not that great in terms of ambiance & service. the food quality was good. The elevators are out dated & very small.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2011

This hotel is definitely not worth the price, the location is to far out of the main city, the food was poor. The hotel really needed a pool, or some more facilities so that it didnt feel that when you were in the hotel room the only option was staying there. The noise at night was also a problem.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business