“Muruganukku Arokara”

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Muruganukku Arokara”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

It was a early auspicious day of June 8th 2014, a muhurtham day. The main deity Lord Murugan was decorated in the sanctum sanctorum and it was mesmerizing. I was lucky to witness the car procession. The temple was fully occupied by newly wedded couples and their guests Some more cleanliness will help devotees to spend more time to get divine blessings.

Visited June 2014

• Czech first
  • Turkish first
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“One of the best Temples in the heart of the City Vadaplani Murugan Temple”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Vadaplani Murugan Temple is located in the heart of the city and it is one of the oldest temple in Chennai.

It is a must visit for the tourists and as well as the residents of chennai.

Devotees used to go to the Temple on all the days.

There are devotees who used to go to the Temple on every Tuesday for 6 weeks and get the blessings of Lord Murga.

Thai Poosam in Mid January of every year is a big festival here.

The temple as a Golden Ther and devotees used to pull the Ther with their hands and offer prayers to Lord Murga.

For sure your life will have all the shines, when you do your prayers at this Temple.

Visited June 2014
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Palani in Chennai”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

You get good ambience in Chennai with the blessings from Lord Murugan. Though the parking place is little cramped

Visited May 2014
3 Thank ssKishore
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Clean well maintained”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I visited the temple on May 1,2014 for tonsuring my head for a vow. We were there at 8 am and I had to wait in queue. You have to buy 10 rs ticket at the entrance. The tonsuring place is on the side of the temple. I completed the tonsuring at 0915hrs. The bathing places were clean. After that we had a darshan and everything was well organised. Kudos to the authorities! Only one thing....the phones never get answered!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Karba
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Peaceful Holy Place in Busy City”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Hi guys,
Once again it’s me! In my recent visit to Chennai for participating my cousin’s marriage, I however manage to relation bands and visited my friends living place which is in Vadapalani. Being a weekend we planned to visit some place to relax ourselves belive me or not! We are youth under 30 age most of my friends suggested to visit Lord Murugan’s holy place sited in vadapalani. Some of my friends laughed on us because of visiting temple to spend weekend me too have some slight cracks in mind on this. But its really worth. Visiting a temple which is around 125 years old would always has some thrill and enthu.
The temple was renovated in 1920s and a Rajakopuram was built during that time. The temple has grown in popularity believed in part due to the patronage of cinema stars. Though Vadapalani is one of the busiest areas in Chennai, any person can attain peaceful while being at vadapalani murugan temple. Built about 125 years back, this much-hallowed and regularly frequented Lord Muruga sannidhi has emerged from a thatched shed, an unostentatious one enshrining a Murugan picture only, and established for itself a name on par with ancient places of worship. Around 7,000 couples are married here each year. It is one among the must see Citing in Chennai..

Visited January 2014