Well i visited Guindy National Park for the first time in the year 1994.
Well its true that the First time experience is always be the best experience as we hope. And it came true as i hoped.
Guindy National Park is the combination of 2 park - Children's Park and Snake Park.
Snake park is exclusivly for viewing snakes.
Children's park is like mini zoo. Children can play there at the park which has lots of playing amenities and also includes animals like black buck, spotted deer, hyena, jackal, grey pelican, cockatiel, parrot, mongoose, crocodile, rhesus monkey, common langur and so on.
I would have visited this place for almost 5 times and i visited last in yr 2012 Aug. and until now i see no modifications done to this park. Its the same old!!
1. An Good and must visit place if u r visiting Chennai.
2. Nominal Entrance free.
3. Photography allowed.
4. No smells and all and the bathroom are pretty Ok to use..
5. Located at the Center of the City.
6. Nice greenish environment and cool place.
2. No good maintenance as its a Government owned Park.
3. U r allowed photography at minimal rate but most of the animals are stuffed into wired cages and unclear glassed boxed which will you difficult to take photos with normal Cameras.
4. No modification done yet to the park for almost 15 yr of my knowledge. Its same old. What i mean is, if have visited the park some 10 yrs ago, u dont have to visit again.
So overall, its a good but must place to visit in Chennai.. u will enjoy (and is a must) if u r a new tourist.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.