“Luxury is personal”
Review of Park Hyatt Chennai

Park Hyatt Chennai
Ranked #8 of 415 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My family (wife, 2 kids, a dog) spent about 2 wks at this hotel. The entire staff (starting from the General Manager and going all the way to valet and the temporary personnel) worked in a cohesive manner to make our stay both enjoyable and memorable.

Notable were the following: attention to detail; responsiveness to our needs; courteousness...and of course, the cuisine/dining experience.

Without hesitation I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a memorable hotel/dining experience at a reasonable price in Chennai.

Navaneetha

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Navaneetha R
ChristianWurm, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear Navaneetha,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

To read your feedback makes all of us here at Park Hyatt Chennai very proud.

It was an absolute pleasure to have you and your wonderful family (including Lego the dog) staying with us for almost two weeks, and we look very much forward to welcoming you back to your ‘home away from home’.

Christian

Write a ReviewReviews (1,077)

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The staff was gracious and the service was incredible, I must say. The aura of the place is amazing. Also, the spa is completely miraculous. The treatment was given to me by professionals. They seemed to be well trained. The maintenance of the swimming pool is very good and left me astounded!!
EXCELLENT is the right word for it!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank riya9013
ChristianWurm, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear riya9013,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at Park Hyatt Chennai.

We do have very high standard for both customer service and our overall guest experience, and I am pleased to hear your experience exceeded your expectations.

We will most certainly share your compliments with our Antahpura Spa Manager and the rest of the recreation team, as I am sure they will be delighted to hear that the professional treatment given and the rooftop pool were thoroughly enjoyed.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Chennai.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I travel on business from 18th till 21st July 2013. Even though this hotel does not have a club lounge facility nor does it close to any shopping mall and it only has 2 restaurants. But I did have a wonderful time in Chennai.

The room is clean, large, cozy - to a hyatt standard.

The fitness room is well equipped. It located on the 8th floor, where I can run on treadmill with a good look at Chennai skyline.

Restaurants are few, but the staffs are very courteous and very helpful. The foods are wonderful.

All public areas are very clean, very safe. I am well connected to wifi in all areas of the hotel. Sometime you may need to reconnect when you move around the hotel. But it created no problem at all.

The best of all is the people at the hotel. Everyone made me feel very comfortable. They are very helpful and I felt that my requirements and problems were also their problems too. I do think than for this.

The cons are that there is nothing to do outside the hotel. There is only a coffee today across the road. But trust me, this is a very difficult and dangerous road to cross, especially at night. But with that fitness center, I do not need to go elsewhere.

But overall, I rate this as one of the best, if not the best, hyatt hotel I stayed in.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
ChristianWurm, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Pu-Jatujak,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Park Hyatt Chennai. We were delighted to read your positive comments about your experience with us.

At Park Hyatt, we pride ourselves on knowing our guests and building great memories. It is wonderful to hear that you leave with your own special memories, especially about our well-equipped fitness centre located on the 8th floor.

I will be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the team; they will be pleased to hear they each played a part in making your stay special.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Chennai soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Flying elephant is the definitely the most popular,contemporary food n bevg destination in chennai.happy place n excellent service.vimal verma is an xcellent manager and is able to manage his team well and the chefs & service staff are great too.the 'gangam sty' act Is very unique and cute.the flying elephant choc cake is par excellent and extremely delicious.the valet staff is also very efficient n took care of of cars !unlike the hotel next door-westin it which was cold n bad park hyatt is the best

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear donnauk2013,

Thank you for taking time to review your experience at Park Hyatt Chennai and The Flying Elephant.

We are very fortunate to have a wonderful team that are dedicated to making our guests experiences truly memorable. Be assured that your mention of Vimal will be conveyed to him.

I'm pleased you enjoyed the signature chocolate cake at the Flying Elephant which indeed is a favourite among our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Although there is some inconsistency in the levels of the staff, it is impressive how Hyatt has managed to achieve a very high level of quality in the 9 months it's been open. Some of the staff were really excellent in fact.

The hotel is beautiful (similar in style to PH Seoul, Tokyo) and I found the rooms spacious and comfortable - it 'worked' for me. Rooms are also very quiet.

The spa and fitness facilities are beautiful and the rooftop pool is very nice too. Restaurants are excellent, as was breakfast.

The Flying Elephant restaurant turns into one of Chennai's hotspot clubs later at night so that's an advantage if you like that.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay here and would highly recommend it.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sinbarambam,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us.

We were pleased to hear about your positive experience at Park Hyatt Chennai.
We strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and appreciate you taking the time to provide such valuable feedback. To mention that the hotel is beautiful and similar in style to Park Hyatt Seoul and Park Hyatt Tokyo makes all of us very proud.

Thank you again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Chennai in the very near future.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was in the team that created pary hyatt chennai........ but my visit as a guest ..... really made me feel proud of the creation we did ....... the hotel staff , food, service....... just one word ELCELLENT..............

Room Tip: CORNER SUITES............A must try for every one
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank shubdeep b

Dear shubdeep b,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Park Hyatt Chennai. We are delighted to read your comments and will be sure to share these with our colleagues.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Chennai.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

The Antahpura Spa is simply a cut above the cluttered spa landscape of the city. The therapists are highly trained and attentive. The whole experience from the ambiance to the treatment or for that matter a dip in the amazing freezing cold water pool always leaves me relaxed and rejuvenated every time I visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
ChristianWurm, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear Rathan86,

Thank you for your comments.

We value your positive feedback about Antahpura Spa, and will be sure to share your feedback with our Spa team. Antahpura Spa at Park Hyatt Chennai offers guests indeed a blissful treat.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Antahpura Spa soon.