Park Hyatt Chennai
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
  • Breakfast included
Ramada Plaza Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
View Hotel
The Checkers Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
View Hotel
ITC Grand Chola, Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
  • Pool
Treebo Mount Kailash Suites(Chennai (Madras))
View Hotel
OYO Rooms Saidapet(Chennai (Madras))
Hablis Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
The Raintree(Chennai (Madras))
View Hotel
The Retreat Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
  • Restaurant
Le Royal Meridien Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
  • Pool
1,152 results
All reviewsflying elephantrooftop infinity poolexcellent serviceexcellent hotelrooms are largeroom servicef bclose to the airporthis teamluxury hotelindian foodbusiness hotelhome away from homebusiness tripcoffee shopspecial mentionspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Modern, just opened, Park Hyatt in business district. Stylish lobby, excellent front desk staff, some of the best food to be found in Chennai. Works well as a business hotel. Pool on rooftop great to relax in at night. Mosquitoes by coffee shop a problem ,noise at the front of the hotel an issue. Should rank #2 to the Leela in the Chennai hotel rankings. 20 minutes from the airport which is handy if taking an international flight.

Pros : Small hotel with bright wood and marble lobby. Check in staff warm and genuinely welcoming. Rooms modern, marble clad and stylish. Good power showers and functioning aircon. Chef not just good but exceptional. Some of the best food to be found anywhere in India not just Chennai.

Cons : Airport transfer vehicles cramped - the passengers tv screen shows pictures of the road ahead which made my colleagues feel bilious. First room I was shown was dusty - a sign of recently completed building work ? Hotel gym had strong smell of glue.

Conclusion. Close to airport and central for business district. Modern stylish architecture. Quite exceptionally good food - think Le Cirque at the Leela New Delhi to understand what high standards have been achieved. Hotel let down by little things. Check out can be slow ( systems down ?) , some restaurant staff still learning, coffee shop could be more efficient ( space guests apart ), room service slow. Mosquitoes a real problem by the downstairs pool - opt for a table inside to be safe. Came away with the feeling that the hotel could be world class if Hyatt spent time smoothing out some of the teething problems. Not yet Park Hyatt standards but getting there. Would try again if the Leela on the beach was full or if taking an early morning flight. Good value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms at front get direct sun and can be noisy. Would aim for rooms at the back overlooking the lake and the radio mast.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KellyNebraska
Umapathy A, Director of Rooms at Park Hyatt Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out in providing valuable feedback about your recent stay with us. I can assure you that our team receives your feedback with concern, but also with an endeavour to improve on our services. We will also take in your suggestions with respect to our transportation service and the overall maintenance of our rooms.

On another note, I would like to thank you for the appreciation given for Culinary and Front Desk team in our hotel.

I certainly hope the opportunity presents itself for you to travel back to Chennai in the near future, and we get a chance to showcase our true standard of service.

Director of Rooms

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Having stayed in a dozen hotels in Chennai over the last decade I am thrilled to have found the Park Hyatt Chennai. It is elegant, efficient and understated. For those who need a comfortable respite from the days activities I recommend this true 5 star hotel. It has the best workout room, and the least used pool i've seen. It's not really a venue for kids as it caters to business and beyond. It's not far from the airport and closer to Guindy which works for us. Great to have a two great places to eat- the Flying Elephant venue could be anywhere in the world!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent review posted on #TripAdvisor.

It's really great to have your positive feedback as it is always glad that your experience was as spectacular as we endeavour to make it.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I moved to this hotel from the other hyatt due to its proximity to the airport and what a hotel this is. Staff as in every hyatt it seems in India are wonderful, incredibly friendly and simply cannot do enough for you.

The rooms are wonderful and I particularly liked the in room espresso machine. The gym is one of the best I have used in Indian hotels and the rooftop pool is wonderful. I had room service and the food was excellent. I cannot fault this hotel at all, one thing which would be nice to see is more vegetarian options on the various menus but that is being picky.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent review posted on #TripAdvisor.

We were very pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and value your feedback. Motivating feedback like yours keeps our sprits high and helps us to continue providing authentic and intuitive service to all our guests.
We will also take in your suggestions with respect to adding some more vegetarian food choice in our existing outlet menus

Once again I thank you for your valuable feedback & look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Chennai.

Best regards
Director of Rooms

Reviewed May 16, 2013

i was shocked as the welcome attitude was something i have never dreamed Rooms were excellent and service was good,food was tasty and variety was entertaining.whole area in reception was luxurios and soothing .moreover the ambience was enchanting,

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Haris007
Umapathy A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for your recent review posted on #TripAdvisor.

We were very pleased to learn that you had a enjoyable stay in our room and especially @ The Flying Elephant and value your feedback.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have stayed at many luxury hotels world over and many of Hyatt's best, but I have to say this plays blows them out of the water. The building itself from the outside isn't the most impressive, but once you enter the lobby - it feels like a true breath of fresh air. The service at check-in was so personal and warm, yet sti ll very efficient - I felt like I was being welcomed to someone's home. I had an inward facing room, which was very spacious and extremely well designed, especially for a single traveller. I loved the large desk - plenty of space to spread out and work and charging stations for universal sockets neatly tucked away. The housekeeping would always neatly organize my cables whenever they serviced the room. Attention to detail was remarkable.
The pool has to be seen - it is quite spectacular and unlike anything I've ever seen before. The spa hadn't fully opened during my stay, but I understand it opened just after I left and I look forward to experiencing it on my next visit. The breakfast at the dining room was great - deceitfully varied because all hot items come fresh from the kitchen rather than your typical hotel buffet. This does mean it takes a bit longer for breakfast if you are on the run and they could speed up service - but I personally prefer to it to eggs sitting in warmed dish for hours.
I'll be posting a separate review for The Flying Elephant because it is an attraction unto itself. If you are going to be in Chennai, do yourself a favor and look no further.

Room Tip: Spring for a view room facing the inside pond and flying elephant - they come at a marginal premium and are so worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Umapathy A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for your recent review posted on #TripAdvisor.

We were very pleased to learn that you had a enjoyable stay with us and value your feedback.