ITC Grand Chola, Chennai
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ramada Plaza Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
View Hotel
Park Hyatt Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
View Hotel
The Checkers Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
View Hotel
Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
  • Breakfast included
Treebo Mount Kailash Suites(Chennai (Madras))
View Hotel
OYO Rooms Saidapet(Chennai (Madras))
Hablis Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
View Hotel
Le Royal Meridien Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
  • Pool
The Retreat Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
  • Restaurant
Hilton Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
  • Pool
3,223 results
All reviewsmadras pavilionroyal vegapan asiantower roomgrand staircaseipad controlsresidents loungecafe mercarahigh techhuge hotelroom servicebeautiful propertyspecial mentionin room diningfilter coffeeexcellent servicespecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2013

What is it that makes a stay at a luxury hotel truly an outstanding experience? Is it grandeur, white marble, variety of restaurants that it offers and the lavishness with which it's built? Nope. As a traveller I would say it's the impeccable service that you expect from a big brand luxury hotel that makes the stay at a hotel truly memorable. And that's where ITC Grand Chola fails us.

It's grand and lavish and it's restaurants serve delectable food. But the service is lax. I was on a work trip and wanted someone to come to my room and help me with saree draping. I would have been happy if they would have simply told me its not possible Maam. But they promised they wills end someone. I made several polite calls, wherein the staf kept saying 'in a minute..in a minute'. After I realised I am getting late for the conference I made a curt call...in a jiffy two front office girls were there in my room to help. Why couldn't they come earlier. What's the point if you have to run and yell when you are staying at a star property?
Next morning though the front office staff was promptly there to help, she was anything but polite. We don't expect hotel staff to drape great sarees for us but at least they should be nice enough. Alas! they did a good job with the saree but lacked hospitality.
On few other occasions too the service was tad slow! Drinking water bottles were not replenished promptly.
Over all nice hotel, but after reading those rave reviews about this Chennai's star property I was disappointed!

1  Thank Vishakha T
Philippe_Charraudeau, General Manager at ITC Grand Chola, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We regret that your stay experience was not up to the mark and that the service was not in keeping with our standards. We apologise for the inconvenience caused to you. In order for us to contact you directly please email us your personal contact details on philippe.charraudeau@itchotels.in.

We hope you give us another opportunity to serve you again.

Wishing you a great day ahead

Reviewed February 22, 2013

It was a wonderful experience, ITC Grand Chola as the name tells, really grand, very huge and big. Needs one full day just to visit the entire hotels. All the staff are very courteous and helpful. The best thing all the systems of the room are controlled by the I- Pad.

Room Tip: Tower Rooms are the best i suppose.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jain_rakhee

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are delighted that you had a wonderful experience here at ITC Grand Chola and found the service to be superb. We are also very proud of our iPad’s DigiValet features and are glad you appreciated them. We look forward to your next visit here and hope you give us another opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The Best 5 star hotel in Chennai. Opulent, that is the only word I can think of to describe this hotel. Service and comfort as expected in any ITC hotel. The Italian restaurant is worthy of particular mention. Excellent place to stay and dine. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RAJEEVAyyappan

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are delighted that you appreciated the service and thought the hotel to be opulent. We are glad your stay and dining experience was up to the mark. We look forward to your next visit and hope you give us another opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This place is a palace which the Chola emperor would be proud.The grandeur of this place oozes in all corners. One can be excused for gawking. The lobby the rooms and the restaurants are amazing. The service is very good but short of impeccable. The food is great but I expected it to be better with its huge tag of luxury labelled every where. I did not stay there but I saw the rooms which was very nice. I like the technology used and IPOD for every room. The toilet in the rooms impressed me. It has many teething problems which the management must look into and I am sure it will be sorted out.I wish the coffee shop had huge windows so that a person could look outside.

1  Thank oppraveen
Philippe_Charraudeau, General Manager at ITC Grand Chola, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are delighted that you have appreciated many aspects of the hotel and we have made a note of your comments as well. We look forward to your next visit and hope that this time you stay with us as a guest and give us another opportunity to serve you again.

Wishing you a great day ahead !

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I had read and heard about the hotel, but it did not prepare me for what was the real thing. The hotel is HUGE. Everything from the entrance, lobby, corridors, rooms, pool, everything is supersized. All rooms have iPads to control everything from lights to television channels, including opening the door!!! Even room service can be ordered using the iPad. There are 5 pools (of which 2 are kid pools). Breakfast was good - same as at any other ITC hotel. Overall, a great hotel and a great experience

Room Tip: get the rooms facing the pool - they all seem to have balconies

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are delighted with your comments on how wonderful the hotel is and that you found everything up to the mark. We endeavour to make all our guests feel special and feel especially proud that we succeeded with you. Do give us another opportunity to serve you again.