“Nice Property in the Center of Chennai”

Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai City Centre
Ranked #24 of 397 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
New Delhi, India
“Nice Property in the Center of Chennai”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Good Hospitality and Very courteous staff. Staff go that extra mile to help you out all across.
Nice rooms with a very good size wash rooms. Very good Bar named WINCHESTER.
Great Food too!!
Enjoyed every bit of the stay...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
RadissonBluCCChennai, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai City Centre, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. It is our constant endeavour to ensure that our guests have a memorable stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Radisson Blu City Center. Looking forward to welcoming you back - Pankaj Katyal - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Chennai
Reviewed January 25, 2014

The Kababs are very tasty and yummy. The bone chicken was awesome. I think it must have been marinated in wine. The Chicken sheek Kabab was very spicy and tasty. Mutton was not very good. Mutton chops was not appreciatable. The chutneys were good and tasty. The ambience was good.

Room Tip: Business class stay. Very convenient and excellent service
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We have taken your feedback regarding Mutton Kebabs very seriously and will rectify it. Do Visit us soon and give us your feedback again. It is our constant endeavour to ensure that our guests have a memorable stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Radisson Blu City Center. Looking forward to welcoming you back - Pankaj Katyal - General Manager
India
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I spoiled my New Year by chosing Radisson Blu for the party.Me and husband booked even their room to avoid driving late nyt back home.As we arrived to check in we were checked in into an already occupied room where the staff opened the room n also tried to put our luggage inside,i could see personal belongings of the people staying in dat room n may be they were in bathroom.I was shocked to see this since wat wud've happened if they were in some awkward situation?To this the staff replied as usual sorry.Then the front desk guy who alloted this room came n took to another room which had a twin bed inspite us booking a double bed room.He thought we wud be ok and tried to pass on by saying that the hotel is fully booked n all.I revolted and asked him to immediately convey it to their Manager,which he did not,whats the point when we book advance n r given such reasons?After staying in all best brands of hotels i found Radisson has such poorly trained staff which are spoiling the brand name.He said he will get back to me but never did.By this time my mood for the new party was totally spoiled,still as we had taken those passes so we went and witnessed the worst ever managed event.When we went to the entry door,the staff their told us to go down to get some tag on our hand,we went down n again one unaware staff tells us that its been given at the venue entry only.I lost my patience and shouted and asked if u dont hav any information why do u put ads for events?Then he took us to the desk where d tags and those party theme masks were given,they were lying on floor n so i dint even put it on my face,how tacky i felt!
The party had good starters,drinks,but in the name of a DJ they had somebody who was just playing the music with no enthusiasm.I suggest Radisson to hire a better Event Management Company next time.the DJ even played the countdown 10mins before the new year! We just wrapped by 12am n went ahead to the buffet which they advertised as lavish in their ads.They dint keep any lighting in the buffet area for people not to see whats in the menu,i put on my mobile torch n checked the food and found that their were merely 7-8 dishes,all cold.I did not have that food at all.Seriously the event was poorly organised,the venue was cramped,also they allowed stags inspite telling us that its only a couple party.We regretted going to Radisson and spoiling our New Year.
The next day we had breakfast and went to the reception for check out after the horrible experience the previous nyt but didnt find anybody to complain.The lady who checked out us was looking down in her system n said "Nthg to be paid more" n continued to look down,she didnt even looked at us and acted weird without even a thank u,leave alone a smile.Anybody representing Radisson pls get in touch with me,i want to complain on this staff of yours who doesnt hav the manners to greet a guest and make eye contact while check out.You can easily find who was she by our check out timings,i will mail u the details of our booking(its in my husbands name),pls provide ur email id in the reply.I dont blame it on Radisson but employees are spoiling ur brand name.You see i am spending my valuable time on this review just to notify the upper management their that how guests face embarrasement due to the ill mannered staff.A guest in an hospitality industry cant be taken so lightly.
I do not expect a sorry but action on such people who make us regret of coming to your hotel.Kindly send me some mail id where i can escalate this.If the staff thinks that all they get is bad review for the hotel in Tripadvisor then they are not taking their job seriously.They should be shown such reviews which are hampering your brand.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonBluCCChennai, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai City Centre, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Ankita

Thanks for your feedback. We have taken your feedback very seriously with the concerned Managers. We will surely work on it and next time you visit our hotel please let me know and it will be my pleasure to ensure that you a have great experience.

Do give us another opportunity to serve you.

Thanks

Pankaj Katyal
Mumbai Indian
Reviewed January 24, 2014

This hotel is located in the centre of Chennai near famous Ethiraj College. The lobby once you enter looks very compact...but houses the tea longe, two curio shops.The elevators located just next to the reception desk and which is visible as soon you enter the lobby is not giving the feel of star hotel.
the place is well maintained including the rest rooms.
The staff are very helpful and service oriented. The food here is excellent. ( even though the hot and sour soup was really hot for my taste)
generally a reasonably good place

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I spent two nights at this hotel and I did not want to leave. The ambiance is excellent. Service delivery levels are exceptional. The rooms are large and luxurious. Location just perfect for the business trip I was on.
Right from my check in formalities to breakfast and dinner to my check out, all my experiences were very positive indeed. The staff is courteous and helpful. The are willing to go the extra mile for guests. Food is good and tasty and if ask for a special (I asked for some vegetarian dish with little or no oil) they gladly obliged and with a smile.
I have no hesitation what so ever in recommending this hotel whole heartedly for the business traveler And for the leisure traveler as well..

Room Tip: All rooms I guess are good. But choose ones on a higher floor for a better birds eye view of the cit...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Indore, India
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Radisson Blu provides a good service (if not great). They've good restaurants. Rooms are well maintained in terms of cleanliness and interiors.

However, I always have a feeling of dullness with this hotel. May be they need to work on aspects like reception lobby, interiors, illumination. Also on flip side, I found food options as unreasonably expensive; and location constraints, especially due to ongoing metro work & heavy peak time traffic (distance from Airport is 14 kms).

1 Thank Ashwin_Tirthakar
Thank you for your feedback. We will look into your feedback and work on it. It is our constant endeavour to ensure that our guests have a memorable stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Radisson Blu City Center. Looking forward to welcoming you back - Pankaj Katyal - General Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We arrived on 30th Dec at 6pm and had booking of two double rooms with one room to have extra bed. We would have expected one of the room to have an extra bed already made up. On checking in we were asked if we wanted the extra bed and we agreed. We left the hotel at 7pm and reported to the reception the bed had not been set up. We were promised it would be done immediately. We came back at 10pm to find the extra bed was not set. Extra bed was sent after 10 min but without any bed linen etc. It took another 30 min to sort out the extra bed. Very poor for Radisson Blu standard.
We decided to have desert in the hotel when we came back. Two of is ordered Vanilla and Mango ice cream to find the vanilla ice cream and chucks of ice and mango ice cream was moldy. Called the waiter who started to give various excuses one being they used black current scope to take out the ice cream which we were not convinced at all. Again extremely disappointed. Will not be staying at this particular hotel in future.

We reported to the Manager and assistant manager of our disappointment.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am very disappointed by the service lapses which occured during your stay at Radisson Blu Chennai City Center and would like to inform you that your feedback has been taken very seriouly. It has also been taken up strongly with the concerned departments. I would request you to give another opportunity to serve and assure you that your will not be disappointed again.

Thanks, Once again