“Great Rooftop view but not value for money”
Review of Up North

Up North
Ranked #31 of 6,727 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Apparently in a place like chennai 'Up North' provides a great view and I must say it is quiet romantic for that matter too. The food is decently good but I wont say it was extraordinary for the price it is offered. Usually in a menu if you are having drinks it come out to be expensive but unfortunately here the food itself is very expensive.

If you are looking for an occasion I would recommend it if you do not mind spending just like that but I have had better north indian food for definitely a better price.

Jaideep_Prasad, Manager at Up North, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Vanakkam from The Raintree, Anna Salai!!

Thank you so much for sharing your review. Feedback like yours, will keep the team motivated & surly help us to achieve high results.

However I was taken back by your experience at Up North, I shall look into this personally and assure that upon your next visit we exceed your expectations.

We really appreciate this gesture and feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you again at The Raintree Hotel, Anna Salai.

In-case you feel like sharing your experience, please feel free to write me @ fnb.annasalai@raintreehotels.com

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Undoutedly chennai has limited choice for the best north indian food, and this place stands good. Very good. Open to sky almost with the breeze brushing past you gives a unique feel. Tandoori Roti was Mouth melting. The dal was really a treat. I am impressed when in chennai they serve you on the plate which even the 5 stars lack at times. Very well priced.

Jaideep_Prasad, Manager at Up North, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Vanakkam from The Raintree Hotel, Anna Salai!!

Thank you so much for sharing your review. Feedback like yours, will keep the team motivated & surely help us to achieve higher results. Your feedback has been shared with the team.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

UP north is the one of the best restro..I have come across. real tasty food. solid ambience at the roof top and customer centric staff of the hotels..great job Rain tree.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have visited “UP NORTH” in Rain tree, Teynampet Chennai, with my wife the ambiance was really good with exceptional music. Best restaurant to visit with better half. We have been immediately responded by the service staff. The order placed was served quickly and food was mouth-watering. We enjoyed the food and ambiance a lot.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was been to this restaurent last weekend for my dad's anniversary with my family (Was suggested by one of my friend). The ambience was perfectly set for the occassion. We were given a table on the upper deck (as requested) which was an open roof, breezy and a very good view of the city which also most suited the occassion. It was the best view of the city we ever had. About the food, though we did'n order for too many but what was served was very good. Especially i should comment on the Chicken Tikka (most of my friends suggested us to try) and it was worth it! The Chicken was juicy and the masalas were well blended and cooked. I still remember the taste... Dhall Makhani & Amritsari gravy was mouth watering, one of my favourites and it was not too spicy and everyone in our group enjoyed it. Breads were just served on the right time.

I appreciate the service team for the quality of service offered... I don't remember the names, but they were polite & attentive, its all up to the mark! We really loved the moment when we cut the cake.

Not just me but everyone in our family enjoyed the place and will be one of the most memorable day for us! On the whole it was 'Fantastic'. As I said its a must goo palce!!!!!

Dear Guest,

Vanakkam from The Raintree, Anna Salai!!

Thank you so much for sharing your review. We are very pleased to learn that you had a generally enjoyable dining experience with us at Up North .Feedback like yours, will keep the team motivated & surely help us to achieve high results.