“Best Food”
Review of Burgundy's - CLOSED

Burgundy's
Cuisines: Asian, European, Chinese, Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Burgundy's is a creation of VipinSachdev& Chef Willi where we offer a wide spread of World Cuisines. Situated in the swanky residential area of MRC Nagar, at Somerset luxury serviced apartments, the restaurant caters to various clienteles from families, corporates, couples and children. We offer a variety of seating options and dining sections to choose from, including outdoor seating, which is very popular in the evenings when the wafting sea breeze and star lit skies transport you to an ethereal culinary utopia away from the hustle and bustle of Chennai. Chef Chandra, Head Chef Burgundy's, prides himself on serving impeccably presented food without compromising on taste. The dishes offered are based on a selection of Mediterranean, European and Indian classics along with Pan Asian specialties. Burgundy's offers an Al-a-Carte selection on Monday and Tuesday, while the rest of the week, from Wednesday to Sunday, is a buffet concept for lunch and dinner. The Burgundy's team extends a warm welcome to you and we hope you give us the honor of unleashing your taste buds while we delightfully serve you.
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I went there on a saturday afternoon for lunch with my entire family.Both inside and outside locations are pleasant and nice.The buffet spread started with soup,starters, pizza,chat items served on table.So many varities of salads,pasta,chicken, mutton,fish items ,much more veg.items avilable,The main food consist of chicken briyani,fresh chappathis made before you,white rice ,sambar,curd rice.I liked blueberry cake very much.Many varities of dessert and to my suprise it cost me RS.620 with tax per a person for buffet lunch.car park is there.worth place to visit again.

VipinSachdev, Guest Relations Manager at Burgundy's, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear Arjunsahayan M,

Apologies for the delay in response.
Thank you for your warm words of appreciation. We strive to exceed every diner's expectations and we are delighted that we were able to do so with you. Your feedback and recognition catalyses our motivation and keeps us moving forward.
I'd recommend you try out our sister restaurants in Chennai as well, if you haven't already done so, Tuscana an authentic Italian restaurant located on KNK Road and Chamiers road, and Kryptos Vegetarian, a global vegetarian restaurant located on KNK Road.
Wishing you a lovely day and looking forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I visited Burgundy's on a Monday, to try something other than their buffet option. I was made aware that on Monday and Tuesday they do not have a buffet option, so I was looking forward to trying out something that I choose in particular. The weather was pleasant on a Monday night, so I sat out with a friend and enjoyed the sea breeze with a chilled beer to accompany us. It made for a lovely start as the beer was actually cold, the way it should be, and the seating outside with the fountains on made for a nice cool atmosphere, which for a while made me feel as though we were not in the Chennai heat and had magically moved to Bangalore instead. We chose the Shrimp Satay to start with, which was tasty with the peanut sauce, for my main course I had the Beef burger which was surprisingly very good and tender, my friend had the chicken penne pasta which was perfectly made, considering their sister brand is Tuscana. For dessert we shared the Creme Brûlée, which was a sweet end to the meal. It was a nice relaxed evening, as it wasn't crowded, noisy or hot. Definitely recommend it as it is a change from the usual Chennai hotel restaurants and is value for money considering the other expensive options in MRC area.

Dear Ganesh,

Apologies for the delayed response.
Thank you very much for your warm words of appreciation.
Your recognition catalyses our motivation and keeps us moving forward.
During the training classes conducted at the head office, our trainer once explained to all the staff very clearly that the beer served should be very chilled, and that it is not required that we ask the guest always to check if it is cold, just as when we serve hot coffee we do not ask the guest to put their finger in the cup to check whether it is hot or not.
We are very happy that we were able exceed your expectations with our a la carte menu as well .

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We came here cus of the ratings.. Maybe this place is better when it's lunch hour but if you are there when they only serve sandwiches just skip it. The sandwich were boring, I make better at home without even trying. The fries were not well cooked. The apple cake was also not properly made In the oven and gave both og us a hard stomach after...

The only good thing was the cappuccino.. So yea, pretty disappointed and specially for the high price for being in Chennai....

Dear Henning K,

Apologies firstly for the delayed response.
We stive to exceed all diner's expectations and we are very sad that we were unable to delight you.
Your feedback on the apple cake and sandwich has been passed on the management and chefs who will test this out to make sure it is never repeated. All feedback, positive and negative, gives us an opportunity to further grow as it is points out our missing pieces which in turn we can fill and catalyse our growth. With your feedback we will be able to take corrective action, learn and unlearn, so that on your next visit we are able to delight.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The buffet spread is designed to include both your taste for Indian and Continental cuisine with an ambiance to complement the taste. Great place to spend with your family and to celebrate special occasions.

1  Thank danielvictor422
VipinSachdev, Owner at Burgundy's, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear Daniel
Thank you very much for taking time to review us. At Burgundy food is our main strength, thank you for acknowledging it.
It is a multi-cuisine restaurant and we serve a mix of it in buffets which is available from Wednesday to Sunday. Do give our Al-a-Carte menu a try too for amazing flavors.
It is great to know you spend most special occasions with us.
Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Warm Regards
Priyanka - Marketing Manager
(on behalf of Vipin Sachdev)

Reviewed September 26, 2013

My friends ( from Greece) and I (from Milan) visited Chennai in August for a one week holiday to spend time with our friend from college and see India for the first time. We visited the Tuscana restaurants after a crave for food closer to home and were left very pleased, so we decided to visit their other brand too. At Burgundys, I stuck with what I enjoyed- the pasta from the a la carte menu, while my Greek friends decided to be more adventurous and sample some more Indian food from the buffet. One of the main things I noticed that was consistent in all the restaurants that we visited was the service. All of us were glad we had another great experience.

2  Thank Carlotta C
VipinSachdev, Owner at Burgundy's, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Greetings
Thank you very much for taking time to review us. It is always feels great to be appreciated, it just never gets old. You are our valued guest and your feedback is extremely important to us.
This review is a pat on our backs for following our passion and do what we do best – serve authentic food with warmth and a smile.
Thank you very much for your patronage. Hope to see you again and soon.
Warm Regards
Priyanka – Marketing Manager
(on behalf of Vipin Sachdev)