“Mixed Feeling - more on the good side”
Review of Burgundy's - CLOSED

Burgundy's
Cuisines: Indian, Chinese, European, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Description: Burgundy's is a creation of VipinSachdev& Chef Willi where we offer a wide spread of World Cuisines. Situated in the swanky residential area of MRC Nagar, at Somerset luxury serviced apartments, the restaurant caters to various clienteles from families, corporates, couples and children. We offer a variety of seating options and dining sections to choose from, including outdoor seating, which is very popular in the evenings when the wafting sea breeze and star lit skies transport you to an ethereal culinary utopia away from the hustle and bustle of Chennai. Chef Chandra, Head Chef Burgundy's, prides himself on serving impeccably presented food without compromising on taste. The dishes offered are based on a selection of Mediterranean, European and Indian classics along with Pan Asian specialties. Burgundy's offers an Al-a-Carte selection on Monday and Tuesday, while the rest of the week, from Wednesday to Sunday, is a buffet concept for lunch and dinner. The Burgundy's team extends a warm welcome to you and we hope you give us the honor of unleashing your taste buds while we delightfully serve you.
Chennai (Madras), India
“Mixed Feeling - more on the good side”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have always been hearing of Burgundy and attached B bar so chose this place for a surprise dinner for friends birthday. Well the place scores good on the ambience and service but what about FOOD !!
I was fascinated by the menu they have put up on their website and had even selected what im gonna order.But Hang on ! I could see only 1/4 of the items in the menu there. The menu isnt even close to what it is on the website. So I end up choosing a 'paneer satay'(im a veggie) & as I had less appetite that day.It was good. A la carte failed ! BIG TIME ! I m not going there again for this.

Other folks with me chose buffet and they seemed to be enjoying well. They were served an octopus too which is quite interesting. I wish I was a Non-veg just for eating at Burgundy lol. And as few other reviews complained I did not see any of those things . The staff was attentive, smiling :). The restaurant is classy & chic, good music. I loved it. And the complimentary cake was heavenly , thanks a lot for that. Gabriel did a good job with all the requests I had placed.

Now as I see Sachin answering reviews here I have few concerns:

1: Why havent you updated your menu on website as what it is in the restaurant ? Even the base price is different from what I see in the restaurant
2. The menu displays everywhere that you dont levy service charges and the price shown is incl of all TAXES ! we paid 900 something Service tax + charges vat etc on a 6000 bill. WHY ? for e.g the paneer satay was nearly ~370 (again more than what your website menu shows) and there is additional tax plus charges in the final BILL.

Conclusion : Could be the best place for buffet .
Just for ethical reasons please display what you charge.

2 Thank mishtar77
VipinSachdev, Manager at Burgundy's, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Tarun, thank you for your feedback. Sorry in the delayed response. We apologies for the outdated information on our website, which has been updated now. We are glad that you chose Burgundy's for your friends surprise party. We would like to let you know that we are reworking on our a la carte menu, we are sure you will have many options to choose from and will love it too. Hope you do give us another chance and visit us soon. Thank you for your business and for taking out time in writing about us.
Regards

Fremont, California
“One among the crowd”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Was there for dinner buffet with my project team, a group of 15.

Location : situated in a very pleasant and calm location
ambience : Good
Staff : polite
Service : I can say below the mark, as they made us to ask twice or thrice to get some orders.
Taste : nothing great
Variety : good.

3 Thank Bharathki
VipinSachdev, Manager at Burgundy's, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Bharathki, thank you for your valuable feedback. We apologies for a poor dining experience at Burgundy's especially the service side. We are focusing and concentrating on soft skill training. We really hope you give us another chance to serve you better. We would like to let you know that we are reworking on our menu and we will launching a new menu soon, we really hope that you would dine with us again. Thank you for your business.
Regards
“Good place to be !!!!!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had planned to have our team meet with dinner, though we had lots of options to chose but we decided to go to Burgundy. We aren't wrong. You guys have to still work on Indian main course especially when it comes to Biriyani. For professional reason stop serving Icecream in paper cup

Thanks
Murali

VipinSachdev, Manager at Burgundy's, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Murali, thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking out time in writing about us. We have noted your concern regarding the Indian food, we strive hard to make improvements and changes to our buffet spread. In this business it takes many great people to come together at the right place to deliver a great product, unfortunately we have not lived upto the high standards we have set for ourselves. Apologies on the same, thank you agian for this. We hope you would visit us soon.
Thanks
Shiju (Manager), Chef Mahadevan & Neha ( Manager Marketing)
Chennai (Madras), India
“burgundy - a surprise”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

It was a pleasant surprise today for my birthday from Vipin Sachdev at burgundys..Got a gift certificate of 25% off from him at any of his outlets ( Kryptos, burgundy or bbar)..I chose burgundy as it is my all time favourite..got a surprise cake there and celebrated it with my wife..the cake was one among the best i have ever tasted..The food was as usual awesome ..

• Visited March 2013
VipinSachdev, Manager at Burgundy's, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Donkopakadna, thank you for your wonderfull feedback. We are really happy to know that you chose to celebrate your special day with us and we could give you and your wife a great experience. It is guests like you who motivate and encourage us to do our best always. We thank you for your business and for taking out time in writing about us. We look forward to your patronage, hope to see you soon again.
Cheers
Shiju (Manager), Chef Mahadavan, Neha (Marketing Manager)
Bengaluru, India
“On the Edge”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Was there for a business dinner. It was a weekday - Tuesday to be precise - other than the group of 20 that we were, there was no one in the restaurant. Can't complaint on that, but it set me thinking is a busy and popular place.

We did get all the attention that we needed and I must say that the wait staff went out of their way to get things done.

We went for the buffet. The spread was quite extensive and predominantly Indian with some other fusion food. I did taste most of the Veg stuff - for me the best of the lot was 'Dal Makhani', it truly was authentic.

The deserts were ordinary and not really up there to excite the pallet.

Would I go back - NO.

• Visited March 2013
VipinSachdev, Manager at Burgundy's, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Subbu, thank you for your visit to Burgundy's and thank you for writing about us. We apologies for the desserts not being upto the mark. We would like to let you know that we are reworking on our menu and soon will be launching an all new menu, which we are sure you will love we will keep you informed about it. Do give us another chance and do dine with us soon. We look forward to your support and would request you treat it as one bad experience. We really hope to make up for this. Thank you for your business.
Regards,