“Horrible hotel”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chennai (Madras)
Hotel Aruna International
Ranked #332 of 403 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I booked this hotel for 7th night ie August 2013.
I have selected Super Deluxe Ac room. My flight was canceled and I made a trip on 8th and I called hotel and told them my flight was canceled and I would like to change it to 8th night. I am happy about the response from the hotel they accepted for the change of my schedule.
Condition of the hotel:
Walls of the hotel are dirt and I have been taken to a room which they told super deluxe AC.I found 3 cockroaches flying in that room when room boy open the room to show it and I was upset and told the person who unlock the door… “Did you ever clean the room” He immediately told that we just cleaned other room and u can stay there and they took me to the other room. This new room also in the same condition but the cockroaches dint fly immediately after opening the door. Over all inside the hotel I felt suffocation and smoke smell which I con’t able to breathe. After having dinner by 11.45 pm we returned to our room and found cockroaches walking around. We are very tired and don’t have much energy to tell abt it to hotel people and we planned to sleep after killing those cockroaches. The bed sheets are wet and are in brown color and smell horrible (foul smell). I called reception and asked to change the bed sheets and they told they are new and finally they accepted to change them and they also have same foul smell.
Somehow we decided to sleep and pulled the pillow and found 2 more cockroaches. I can’t able to sleep the whole night. There was some sound around and shouting. When I wake up in the morning there is water running from AC deck which is in brown color and it flow from my room to toilet. When I wake up my hands are red in color and it is because of some insect bite in bed. I decided to quit the hotel and took another hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank balaji r

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The Aruna is a well-constructed hotel, that features a calm and pleasant ambience. It offers unmatched services and facilities in its well-decorated rooms, for added comfort of stay. The Aruna flaunts a state-of-the-art business centre that's perfect to host corporate events. Spacious and well equipped meeting room is available that provides an ideal environ for business meetings and conferences. The Aruna houses a well-laid out swimming along with a separate paddling pool for children. High speed internet connectivity is an added luxury at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Velusamy .
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Centrally located good hotel with all AC rooms are good and clean. LCD TV & Other amenities are really good. Service is too average as room boy will never turn up to your voice. COFFEE & TEA are over charged as they get it from saravana bavan. rather you can walk down to have it. LANE it is located is not so clean. if you are man to come only for sleep in hotel it is good. Near by saravana bavan real good restaurant & few more average hotels are available for food (check for hygienic). Balaji bavan was much better than others. Evening shoping is too good on road side shop to do bargain and buy.

Room Tip: prefer rooms like 101 or first row of rooms which is fully renovated and others are still with windo...