“Highly not recommended ..”
Review of Mahalaya Residency

Mahalaya Residency
Ranked #122 of 415 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Please do not opt for this hotel. I booked a room in this hotel through make my trip on 13th november 2013 for 1 day. I informed that I was going to check in at 11.30 P.M. I and my wife were to carry on a vacation to Andamans from then on. I had asked for airport pick up and drop. I informed hotel earlier only my flight details. When I landed at chennai airport there was no one to pick me up. I called hotel to pick me up. They sent car which reached after approx 20 mins(the hotel is almost 2kms from airport). When I and my wife reached hotel at say nearly 12 A.M. the manager told he DOESN'T HAVE ANY ROOM VACANT. Can you beleive this??? At night 12 A.m where will you go with your family in an unknown city. Then as they say there was no room in their hotel they would shift me in another hotel. They shifted me to another hotel of same category(3 star) named Arasan Inn (which was 1 star hotel) . The room was pathetic. I called make my trip representative but to no avail. They cared as much as the hotel manager of Mahalay residency. After nearly 15 days the Make my trip people are providing me difference of room tariff nearly rs.1400/-. But that night non of the make my trip representative even tried to find another good hotel for me. I was extremely disappointed as I could do nothing about the situation at that time. I was scared as I was with my wife and all the uncultural things that are happening in our country really feared me when I reached another hotel Arasan Inn at late night.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank vishal s

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The best part of the hotel is its location. It is very near the airport and so very convenient for stop over tour. We were on route to Port Blair and had to stay the night in Chennai.
The hotel is well maintained, the rooms are spacious and neat and clean. The service is decent and the staff is very helpful. The food is ok. They have a free airport pick up and drop facility which is pretty good. (I received a call from them as soon as I landed in Chennai airport)
Overall a good place to stay if Chennai is a transit point.

Room Tip: None of the rooms have any good view so I guess any room is as good as the other.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is perfect kind of hotel for any/all kinds of travellers. Good ambience. helpful staff. very near by to airport and city. good good good!They provide airport pick up and drop facility. Good choice if you want to stay near airport.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The good thing about this place is it is near to the airport. That was the reason I booked this place. I had landed at Chennai Airport around 3:00 am and took a taxi to reach this place. But at that early hours, my taxi driver was unable to locate this place. I tried calling the hotel and no one answered at that time. After bit of searching, we found this hotel and checked in. The room was fairly big. But could be a bit more clean. The toilet also moderate. The breakfast buffet choice is limited. The iddlies was good. The hotel was able arrange a car for the whole day for my city running. Overall not much to complain for the price you pay and the start rating the hotel has.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is perfect kind of hotel for any/all kinds of travellers. If the location is an advantage for navigation, I would even choose the hospitality of the staff and their responsibility towards work and the way they run around fast to get things done. It does even have a good ambience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel. I stayed for two nights this time (5th and 6th Aug).
The room was OK. Breakfast and dinner in restaurant is also OK.
Staff is helpful.
They provide airport pick up and drop facility.
Good choice if you want to stay near airport.
Overall hotel is OK for business travellers.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chennai (Madras)
AVNB Towers Hotel
AVNB Towers Hotel
#296 of 415 in Chennai (Madras)
NK Grand Park Hotel
NK Grand Park Hotel
#69 of 415 in Chennai (Madras)
Saibala Grand
Saibala Grand
#109 of 415 in Chennai (Madras)
2 mi away
Quality Inn Airport
Quality Inn Airport
#83 of 415 in Chennai (Madras)
No photo provided
Grand Parkway
#1 of 2 in Tambaram
Grand Tiara
Grand Tiara
#129 of 415 in Chennai (Madras)

Been to Mahalaya Residency? Share your experiences!