“avg accommodation near chennai airport”
Review of Mahalaya Residency

Mahalaya Residency
Ranked #196 of 398 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ranchi, Jharkhand, India
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have booked Flight + Hotel for travel and stay at Chennai from 18th july to 20th july through Make My Trip. On 19th night I asked the reception about the payment. He asked me as to when I am leaving to which I said on 20th evening at 7PM as my flight was at 9.50 PM. On 20th July while I was checking out I was told to pay a day's tariff. This I feel was quite disturbing because I had already paid to Make My Trip and had paid whatever the charges they had given.

To this I raised a complaint with Make My Trip (ID No. 130720-029008). The reply from Make My Trip was " We would like to inform you that as per confirmation received from hotelier Suresh, you have checked-in at the hotel on 18th July 2013 at 9.00 AM and check-out time for your booking was supposed to be on 20th July 2013 at 9.00 AM; however, you have checked-out at 7.00 PM on 20th July 2013 so that the hotel has charged extra one day tariff from you".

Isn't it ridiculous because I have booked the flight + Hotel and as per the schedule, the flight reaches Chennai at 8.40 Hrs and leaves chennai at 23.50 hrs. Now if the check in and check out time was 12 PM where the passenger would stay before 12 PM, while going to Chennai, and after 12 PM while leaving?

Moreover how the reception desk told all paid status the earlier day even after knowing the departure schedule?

Room Tip: Avail Make My trip if you want to spoil your trip
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
baroda
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Its very nice hotel to stay. Its business kind of hotel staff are very co-operative. they have inhouse pub. and most important is very near to airport. they give pick and drop facility from air port.
really such nice place to stay.

Room Tip: pre booking is necessary in pick season
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kuantan
Reviewed June 18, 2013

this hotel is one of the most horrible places I ever stayed in my life.. 1st of all the smell of the hotel is very bad, the room is big but not much clean, the staff scary , Chennai in general is a horrible city.. I will never visit it again in my life...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Muayad82

Travelers are raving about these Chennai (Madras) hotels

New Delhi, India
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Dear Friends, I would never recommend this hotel to any one.
I checked in the hotel on 4th march evening and checked out on 6th morning. I had a package deal with make my trip.
Make my trip gave me a transit room, or hotel is only having a transit room, which was not at all mentioned at the time of booking by make my trip. Even the hotel didn't intimated me at the time of check in. At the time of check out, i got stuck at the reception bacause hotel was after me to pay 1000 more because i had a transit room. I was keep telling them that it was a package deal which comes with a flight and i already paid complete amount but they didn't listed and i had to pay extra. So i will suggest not opt for such kind of hotels.

Room Tip: Check with the hotel for the amount you have to pay at the time of check out, even booking as a pack...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
kensington, md
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at 2:30 a.m. Because we had read other reviews, we did not bother asking for them to pick us up and took a taxi. When we got there, they refused to honor the reservation we booked through Kayak. They stated that the price we paid was too low and that we did not book their "superior room" as Kayak stated. The desk clerk refused to call the hotel manager so we had to call the POLICE to get some help. Finally, they gave us a room at 4:30 in the morning. When we left at 8:00 a.m., the manager had still not arrived and we had a repeat of the night before. They would not let us leave the hotel unless we paid the rate that they decided for us, not Kayak. We ended up paying it just so we could leave and then called Kayak for a refund. Unfortunately, we paid much more than what the room was worth.

Another thing, if you stay in an Indian hotel, they love to use moth balls for aromatherapy. Every drawer, crevice and closet was filled with the sweet smell of moth balls.

Finally, the hotel is NOT quiet. It is located near a temple and like all temples in India, they like everyone to wake up when then wake up.

If you want to be near the airport and don't need sleep, this is the place for you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 3, 2013

For the money, this is a good option for a hotel if you want to stay close to the airport. It's very close to the airport--probably a 5 or 10 minute drive. The other hotel we stayed at, only 10km away from the airport, took us 80 minutes to get to because of he traffic. This hotel is clean, though not particularly nice. I wouldn't stay here if you're looking for a very nice hotel or planning on staying awhile and looking for a nice hotel environment. But it's not too expensive and decent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chennai (Madras)
Saibala Grand
Saibala Grand
#94 of 398 in Chennai (Madras)
NK Grand Park Hotel
NK Grand Park Hotel
#66 of 398 in Chennai (Madras)
Quality Inn Airport
Quality Inn Airport
#68 of 398 in Chennai (Madras)
No photo provided
Grand Parkway
#1 of 2 in Tambaram
Kalyan Hometel, Vandalur - Chennai
Hotel Mars Deluxe
Hotel Mars Deluxe
#148 of 398 in Chennai (Madras)

Been to Mahalaya Residency? Share your experiences!