“Enjoyable Experience!”
Review of Tuscana Pizzeria

Tuscana Pizzeria
Ranked #223 of 6,718 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A restaurant housed in a charming old home, created by Vipin Sachdev brings the very best of authentic Italian food and Greek food options, to the city. Ideally located in the heart of the city in Nandanam, we offer thin crust wood fired pizza with 4 different bases- Classic refined wheat, Whole wheat, Multigrain and Gluten free, presented in rustic wooden platter which adds originality to a flavorful experience. Our menu is complemented by the addition of delectable risottos and inviting pastas, where we also offer a range of eggless, homemade and gluten free options. We have a wider menu that our sister Tuscana Pizzeria, as we also offer a variety of main dishes such as our delectable Beef steak and grilled Prawns, that will definitely cater to all our valued and diverse customers. The trophy tiramisu is just one of our many devoured desserts, which complemented by an espresso is the perfect end to an authentic savored Italian experience. We also house a delightful Deli where we sell our popular pastas, cheeses, breads and fresh herbs, along with scrumptious cakes and our homemade Fresco Gelato. The Tuscana team extends a warm welcome to you and we hope you give us the honor of unleashing your taste buds while we delightfully serve you.
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Dear all,

I travel a lot and, while not really a ‘foodie’, I have certainly enjoyed many a fine meal at some of the top restaurants around the world.
For my 41st wedding anniversary I took my wife, my two sons and their wives and 4 grandchildren to Tuscana – a much talked about Italian restaurant on Chamiers Road in Chennai, India. We ordered garlic bread, Diavola and Margherita pizzas for the kids with some more refined fare for the adults. Among us we ordered the Zuppa di funghi, Fromaggio di Capra con Gamberetti with penne pasta, Ossobucco with mashed potatoes and Aglio Olio e Peperoncino,  We also ordered a couple of Greek dishes from the limited Kryptos menu that was also available here – Kalamarika Tiganita and Kotopoulopitakia. If the names of these dishes sound Greek and Latin to you … well, it’s because they are! You can check out their website (www.tuscanakryptos.in) for their dine-in menus with descriptions, etc.

I would like to inform you that all the dishes were beyond our expectations - authentic flavours with rich undertones. We tried to go easy on desserts but ended up scraping the plates of Tiramisu and vanilla Panna Cotta clean! Under the supervision of Mr. Charles, the smart young Manager both the food and the dining experience were superlative.  The icing on the cake – no pun intended – was an amazing chocolate cake with a  candle for my anniversary.  It was melting in the mouth because they had used genuine chocolate generously.

The service was very good and not very pricey like the 5 star hotels.

It was an enjoyable experience.  I genuinely recommend it to the discerning customers who would want Italy brought to India.

Last but not the least, the credit for all these initiatives should go to Mr. Vipin Sachdev, without whose initiative & enterprise, this successful venture could not have been possible in this conservative Chennai.  Jawarhalal Nehru, long ago said, “Success goes to those who dare and act but seldom to the timid”.  Mr. Sachdev is an example for people to emulate.
Come one, come all … and happy dining!

C.N. Ramdas

VipinSachdev, Owner at Tuscana Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Ramdas JI,
We are so pleased and grateful that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your visit on your 41st wedding anniversary. Thank you very very much for your detailed review. I will convey your message to the young Charles and the team, as we all work very hard to achieve the high standards that our customers and we set for ourselves. So we thank you very much for noticing this! We hope to see your family and you over and over again in all our restaurants and request that you spread our brand names to all your friends and acquaintances!
Warm Regards.
Vipin.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I am originally from New York, and this is what it is. A huge step up from other pizza delivery chains. However, this is not the best pizza or pasta in the world. That being said, we enjoy ordering from here. I brought family visiting from the U.S. here for dinner and they loved it. They were impressed that Chennai could have a place like this. Twenty years ago pizza was ketchup and paneer cheese on a naan. Tuscana's actually has a brick oven. For expats actually living in the city, it has an adjoining minimart with bacon, cheese, and other imported gourmet items.

I had a pizza with Prosciutto on it - delicious. They also have vegetarian items, and delicious cream based sauces.

Dear friend,
Thank you for your review. At Tuscana on Chamiers, we aim to serve Italian and Greek style food at a fair price. We take great pride in our wood-fired pizzas, so we are glad that you enjoyed it. We recently introduced Gluten free, whole wheat and whole grain pizzas bases as a healthier option. We urge you to try our Tiramisu on your next visit as we find that it is the perfect accompaniment to any meal. At our Deli, we also have cakes, breads, pastries, gelato, along with cold cuts and cheese. We hope to see your family and you soon!
Regards.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Tuscana at Chamiers by Willi is again one of my favourite. The food is great and so is the service. I would highly recommend it to all for a satiating meal. Tuscana at Chamiers offer you a total Italian fare supplemented by the med menu offered at kryptos.
The salads, the mez platter and the falafal wrap are amongst my "must-eats" besides binging on the pizzas they offer.
The double espresso shot is the best in Chennai and so is the Tiramisu. its a must visit for anyone who loves food. Theres a great variety for vegetarians. Location is convenient too. Charles and team make sure that all the guests are served well.

Dear Ashu,
We love the fact that we can get the best of both worlds, a little Greek and a lot of Italian at Tuscana on Chamiers as well. We are glad that you find that you had a lot a variety, being a vegetarian, as my older daughter is a vegetarian and so we made sure that we could cater to all of our customers. Thank you! I wonder whether you have tried our Affogato, as I find that it satisfies both my craving for dessert and coffee. We will tell Charles and his team that you commend their efforts, and I am sure they will be very grateful. We hope to see you soon & often at all our restaurants!
Cheers.
Vipin.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

The service here is just awesome. The staff took are of us very well and also patiently suggested options from the menu. The Ambience is different from the usual although I felt that the tables were a little too close to each other.
The Food tasted great! A must visit for those who love Italian food!

Dear friend,
Thank you very much for appreciating us. We continuously work very hard to achieve the high standards that our customers and we set for ourselves. We hope you tried our wood-fired pizzas on your visit, if not, we urge you to try them on your next visit. We hope to see you soon!
Regards.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Found mould growth on the Pastry being served. I wonder how it the escapes the Food Safety Department.

Dear Eugene,
Thank you very much for bringing this to our notice. We always encourage feedback as it shows us where we are lacking. We bake all of our deserts and breads fresh everyday, so I am appalled that the staff has skipped out on replacing it. We are extremely sorry for your experience and we are very grateful that you brought it to our notice. We did take corrective action to prevent such occurances again.
Warm regards.