“Excellent Food, ambiance and amazing service!”
Review of Kryptos Vegetarian - CLOSED

Kryptos Vegetarian
Cuisines: Greek, Indian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Description: Greek for "Hidden", Kryptos, is a treasured jewel tucked away in the cellar of the Yafa building on Khader Nawaz Khan road. With its bright decor and sculptured stone clad walls, Kryptos is an explosion of delight where diners can sample some of the best vegetarian cuisine Chennai has to offer. The cuisine at Kryptos Vegetarian builds upon the reputation enjoyed by Kryptos, in the past, as a fully fledged Greek restaurant, to bring a change into the world of vegetarian cooking, that complements the life style and dining habits of today's discerning clients. Complementing our Greek vegetarian fare are a range of dishes drawing from the world of Indian, Mexican and Chinese foods, plus offering a range of divine desserts and cooling beverages.Kryptos Vegetarian offers the only iced salad counter in Chennai's restaurant scene and one that has justifiably earned the loyalty and love of our diners. With a selection of fresh salads, fruits, vegetables, cheese and fresh breads, the salad counter is great for a meal in itself or as an accompaniment to any of the wide range of dishes that we offer to devour. Our menu includes dishes inspired from around the world, such as Mexican vegetarian Burritos and Enchiladas, Chinese Manchurian and Crispy Tofu, Vegetarian Moussaka, Indian PaneerKofta, Hara Bara Kebabs and Channa Masala, Beetroot and Beans burger and thin crust pizzas, amongst a range of platters to share. Finish your meal with a Baklava, our renowned eggless Tiramisu, Hot Chocolate Puffs dripping in chocolate sauce, sugar-free Carrot Kheer or just ask for a Greek coffee or a steaming masala tea! Whether you are looking for a chic restaurant to take your intimate date or as a family gathering around our renowned center stone table, Kryptos Vegetarian offers something for everyone all under one happy roof. We hope to be part of your extended family where we will be honored to serve you and share the happiness that great food brings.
chennai
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food, ambiance and amazing service!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We've been going to Kryptos ever since it opened in 2010 and continue to go till today! The best Greek food in town. A definite must-try restaurant. This week, we ordered a chicken kabab, lamb in grape leaves and an awesome moist cake with chocolate sauce. Always best served by the Host Mr.Vignesh! Great service by him continues till today. Good ambiance and impressive interiors :)

• Visited October 2013
VipinSachdev, Public Relations Manager at Kryptos Vegetarian, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your time with us at Kryptos. We strive to exceed our diner’s expectation and we are extremely delighted that we were able to make you happy. Recently Kryptos was converted to a global cuisine Vegetarian restaurant, but we still retain our Greek influence with our heavily Mediterranean menu. We do however still have some of the Greek non-vegetarian options available at our sister restaurants, Burgundy’s which is on MRC Nagar (an all day dining restaurant that has an extensive buffet from Wednesday- Sunday) and Tuscana (one branch on KNK road, Nungambakkam, and one on Chamiers Road, Nandanam). Thank you for taking out the time and reviewing us. Hope to serve you again soon. Have a great day!

Warm Regards,

Chennai
“"The best " by Foodie”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was really impressed with this place and for what I paid for. The place was not crowded at all. Plus, my waiters were super attentive and refilled my water frequently. I left fat and satisfied, ha! I'm definitely coming back here. :)

• Visited May 2013
We are happy to know that you enjoyed our time at Kryptos. We strive to exceed our diner’s expectation and we are extremely delighted that we were able to make you happy. We believe in building a relationship with diners so that they enjoy their dinner as much as we enjoy serving them food. I recommend that you try one of our sister restaurants Burgundy’s, which is on MRC Nagar (an all day dining restaurant that has an extensive buffet from Wednesday- Sunday) and Tuscana (one branch on KNK road, Nungambakkam, and one on Chamiers Road, Nandanam). Thank you for taking out the time and reviewing us. Hope to serve you again soon. Have a great day!

Warm Regards,
Chennai
“Awesome Buffet”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Ever since I had attended the Greek workshop by Chef Willi at Kryptos, I had wanted to come back to taste their food.

I got an opportunity not just once but a couple of times when I paid a visit and there was consistence in the Food quality and taste. The spread of Salads is mind blowing and one can just fill the tummy with just their salads. Desserts is authentic too. The service can be improved though but certainly not something that can be a bother.

The ambience is very relaxing and I loved the idea of their Menu Card and the Music too.

• Visited July 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your time here at Kryptos. We strive to exceed our diner’s expectation and we are extremely delighted that we were able to make you happy. Thank you for your kind words about our salad bar. We are the only restaurant in Chennai with an iced salad counter. Also, Chef Wili is holding another cooking seminar on March 29th and 30th at Tuscana on Chamiers. For more details call: 8939021622. Looking forward to seeing you there. Thank you for taking out the time and reviewing us. Looking forward to serving you again in the near future and wishing you a wonderful day.

London, United Kingdom
“Food fit for the Greek gods!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

When Kryptos opened in Chennai, I was overjoyed to know that I would be able to have Greek food. I wasn't expecting too much as I know how often I have been let down with my high expectations. However, I was pleasantly surprised to visit the outlet on KNK road and view them menu which had delights ranging from Mezze, Falafel and Haloumi to rare delicacies such as Emu! All topped off with a fabulous range of desserts including my favourite item Baklava!
The ambience of the restaurant was just right, luckily I had picked a not too busy time of the day to drop in and we were welcomed by the lights strains of some Greek music. We were welcomed in with a smile and promptly offered a table. The waiter gave us the menus and asked us if wanted something to drink. We ordered the Greek Lantern which was indeed refreshing for the palatte before we got started on the main task of the day!
We ordered the Koupes Me Emu and of course the Falafel for starters. The food was served hot and fresh to our table and tasted like little bites of Greek heaven. You can never really go wrong with Falafel, but this was perfect. Not very oily, golden coloured and served with the best Hummus I’d tasted in a long time! The Emu was an interesting choice, I was a little apprehensive at the new meat I’d be adding to my list of eatables, but surprisingly it wasn’t very different from Chicken. The fact that they were coated in Bulgar wheat made me feel like I was eating a healthy meal as well!
The portions were quite big so we decided to share a main and went for the Mousakka. We couldn’t finish the dish fast enough. It was melt- in-your mouth food that you didn’t want to let cool even a little. It was truly the highlight of the meal and left us feeling full.
However full you are, there is always a little portion of your stomach reserved for dessert and I was all set to have my Baklava! The little parcels of Phyllo pastry filled with nuts and honey! Absolutely delectable! I loved them so much that I ordered a portion to take away as well.
I would have to say that Kryptos provided me with one of the best dining experience I had I Chennai. The meal was top class, the prices was definitely acceptable for the quality and quantity provided and the icing on the cake was that we were able to meet Willi himself and pass on our appreciation.
Not to be missed!

• Visited February 2013
We are extremely delighted to know that you enjoyed your time with us at Kryptos. We strive to exceed our diner’s expectation and we are extremely delighted that we were able to make you happy. Recently Kryptos was converted to a global cuisine Vegetarian restaurant, but we still retain our Greek influence with our heavily Mediterranean menu. We do however still have some of the Greek non-vegetarian options available at our sister restaurants, Burgundy’s which is on MRC Nagar (an all day dining restaurant that has an extensive buffet from Wednesday- Sunday) and Tuscana (one branch on KNK road, Nungambakkam, and one on Chamiers Road, Nandanam). Thank you for taking out the time and reviewing us. Hope to serve you again soon. Have a great day!

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“Great food and Greater service”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Of all the places, I didn't expect to find a Greek Cypriot restaurant in Chennai. Hidden away in the basement of a building on Khadar Nawaz Khan road (a short walk from Taj Coromandel) the restaurant has just a couple of small signs outside the building.If you don't know it's there, or aren't looking for it, you're likely to miss it. The restaurant has an open, glass faced kitchen and grill with a salad bar alongside.

• Visited March 2013
VipinSachdev, Owner at Kryptos Vegetarian, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Greetings
Thank you very much for taking time to review us. We are very glad you appreciate the quality food and warm service we provide.
Thanks for the tip, i will work on signage boards and directions to make it more accessible to the public.
Looking forward to seeing you soon again.
Thanks again for your patronage.
Priyanka – Marketing Manager
(on behalf of Vipin Sachdev)