“Pure Greek Food.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kryptos Vegetarian - CLOSED

Kryptos Vegetarian
Cuisines: Greek, Indian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Description: Greek for "Hidden", Kryptos, is a treasured jewel tucked away in the cellar of the Yafa building on Khader Nawaz Khan road. With its bright decor and sculptured stone clad walls, Kryptos is an explosion of delight where diners can sample some of the best vegetarian cuisine Chennai has to offer. The cuisine at Kryptos Vegetarian builds upon the reputation enjoyed by Kryptos, in the past, as a fully fledged Greek restaurant, to bring a change into the world of vegetarian cooking, that complements the life style and dining habits of today's discerning clients. Complementing our Greek vegetarian fare are a range of dishes drawing from the world of Indian, Mexican and Chinese foods, plus offering a range of divine desserts and cooling beverages.Kryptos Vegetarian offers the only iced salad counter in Chennai's restaurant scene and one that has justifiably earned the loyalty and love of our diners. With a selection of fresh salads, fruits, vegetables, cheese and fresh breads, the salad counter is great for a meal in itself or as an accompaniment to any of the wide range of dishes that we offer to devour. Our menu includes dishes inspired from around the world, such as Mexican vegetarian Burritos and Enchiladas, Chinese Manchurian and Crispy Tofu, Vegetarian Moussaka, Indian PaneerKofta, Hara Bara Kebabs and Channa Masala, Beetroot and Beans burger and thin crust pizzas, amongst a range of platters to share. Finish your meal with a Baklava, our renowned eggless Tiramisu, Hot Chocolate Puffs dripping in chocolate sauce, sugar-free Carrot Kheer or just ask for a Greek coffee or a steaming masala tea! Whether you are looking for a chic restaurant to take your intimate date or as a family gathering around our renowned center stone table, Kryptos Vegetarian offers something for everyone all under one happy roof. We hope to be part of your extended family where we will be honored to serve you and share the happiness that great food brings.
chennai
“Pure Greek Food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is the second time i am having greek food. happy that now its in chennai..Food is great, but quite expensive. went along with friend who is pure veg, lot of choices for vegetarian too. Ambiance was too great. had a chat with Chef willi just outside the restaurant.

Go to Kryptos if you really want to try someting different and which is tasty too.. Thanks to the Kryptos team for the wonderful dining

• 4 of 5 bubbles
VipinSachdev, Owner at Kryptos Vegetarian, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Aarvy,
We at Kryptos by Willi thank you for your wonderful review. We are pleased to be able to bring to you and your friends in Chennai a slice of Greece. My older daughter is a pure vegetarian as well, and she made sure that when my team and I were creating the menu that we included a lot of vegetarian options, for people such as her who love sampling all kinds of cuisines and having an extensive list of vegetarian choices. On your next visit I recommend that you sample the cold mezze buffet, if you have not already, as it is a delicious and healthy start to a hearty meal. We look forward to welcoming you at Kryptos by Willi again in the near future and thank you for your support.

Chennai
“Nice greek food in the town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Greek themed restaurant.. I ordered Spinach Pie and Pita Wraps.. they were good.
I had earlier tasted Baklava in a Greek Restaurant in Pennsylvania... but this one was much better than the one I earlier had.

Dear Guest,
We at Kryptos by Willi thank you for taking the time out to write a review.
My team and I are extremely pleased that you enjoyed the Spinach Pie and Pita Wraps; and even more so that you rate our Baklava better than the one you previously tried in the Greek Restaurant in Pennsylvania. We strive for excellence in all that we do, and take extreme care when preparing all the food we serve which is the reason that our dishes are much appreciated by our guests. I highly recommend that you try our delectable Panna Cotta on your next visit to leave your senses sweetened and satisfied upon completion of the meal. We look forward to welcoming you and serving you at the restaurant again very soon.
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“My latest visit to Kryptos by Willi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

My latest visit to Kryptos by Willi was a memorable one. I went along with couple of my friends. I wanted to introduce the best of Greek food to them and I should say they enjoyed the first time experience. Thanks to Chef Willi and the team for providing such a wonderful service. Hope to come back soon.

• Visited October 2012
Dear Sandeep,
We at Kryptos by Willi thank you for taking the time out to write us a review and for introducing Kryptos to your friends. My team and I are delighted that you and your friends had a memorable experience and rate our food highly. We look forward to welcoming you at the restaurant again in the near future for another unforgettable experience that will be sure to excite your taste buds.
Vipin Sachdev .
Sydney, Australia
“Fresh and excellent - just what I needed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was in the mood for some tasty fresh Western-style food - as a break from spicy/masala food - and this restaurant delivered exactly. I'm recovering from a 3-day bout of gastro, and so have eaten nothing but 3 apples and a few slices of bread for the last few days.

My waiter Mani was superb. He listened attentively, was hospitable without being intrusive, and recommended an excellent dish which was exactly what I was in the mood for. I had the fish in mustard sauce. The complimentary salad and fresh lemon drink were delicious, especially the chargrilled vegetables. The couscous which came with the fish, was nice, light, buttery.

Incidentally I read a couple of reviews here about the music - however tonight it was greek-styled music at about the right pitch, not intrusive to conversation.

Thank you guys for giving me a superb meal, keep up the good work!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
VipinSachdev, Owner at Kryptos Vegetarian, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Susi,
We at Kryptos by Willi thank you for your lovely review, and we are extremely pleased that you were delighted by the food, service and ambience. My dedicated team and I strive to excel in all aspects to delight customers in all fronts and provide value for your money. I am personally thrilled that your experience at Kryptos by Willi was an enjoyable one and that it was the right fit for you. I thank you on behalf of waiter Mani for your appreciation and recognition, as it is customers like you that keep us motivated to serve with a smile. On your next visit, I recommend that you try the Chicken in Lemon Sauce, since you seem to like the freshness and lightness of our dishes. My team and I look forward to your continued support and to welcome you at the restaurant again soon.
Vipin Sachdev
Denver, Colorado
“Excellant food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

The ambience is very good and the service was also great. All starters are good. The main course portions are definitely huge. We also got the complimantary salad. The menu is also in Tamil which will help you undertand better. The whole experience is new and different.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
VipinSachdev, Owner at Kryptos Vegetarian, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Guest,
We at Kryptos by Willi are thrilled that you enjoyed not only the ambience but also the food and service. When brainstorming for ideas to further integrate Kryptos by Willi into the Chennai community, my team and I realized the best way to do so was to offer the menu choices in our local language. We wanted our restaurants to be accessible to the entire community, and since Tamil is the main language of the city it was the perfect choice. I am personally delighted that you found it helpful. We look forward to welcoming you again at Kryptos by Willi in the near future.