“Travel to Italy; sans a visa”
Review of Tuscana Pizzeria

Tuscana Pizzeria
Ranked #44 of 6,671 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: "A classic wood fired pizzeria created by Vipin Sachdev & Chef Willi brings the very best of authentic Italian food to the city. Tucked away in the upcoming area of Khader Nawaz Khan, we offer thin crust wood fired pizza with 4 different bases- Classic refined wheat, Whole wheat, Multigrain and Gluten free, presented in rustic wooden platter which adds originality to a flavorful experience. Our pizzeria is complemented by the addition of delectable risottos and inviting pastas, where we also offer a range of eggless, homemade and gluten free options. The trophy tiramisu is just one of our many devoured desserts, which complemented by an espresso is the perfect end to an authentic savored Italian experience. The Tuscana team extends a warm welcome to you and we hope you give us the honor of unleashing your taste buds while we delightfully serve you. "
Chennai (Madras), India
“Travel to Italy; sans a visa”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

There is no denying that an ambience is meant to create an environment; enhance an experience. But when is the last time you went to a restaurant and felt like you visited a country? Well, that's really what separates Tuscana Pizzeria from all and sundry eateries in the city that claim to dish up Italian cuisine. There's a buzz about Tuscana - Nungambakkam and Chamiers - that really gives you a sense of being transported to the town (in Italy) that it is named after. It takes its name very seriously. And does full and complete justice about recreating a food experience that is delicious and delectable. For one, there is a sense of the authentic in everything that Tuscana Pizzeria dishes up; their wood-oven pizzas are to die for and the fascinating selection of pastas are researched and presented in a manner that'll leave you craving for more. The good thing is, the gregarious quality of the restaurant really encourages you to keep re-visiting. And that's what I like to do. Return. For more. After all, that's what life is about, right?

Visited February 2012
VipinSachdev, Owner at Tuscana Pizzeria, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Dear Arun,
Great to know that you have enjoyed in Tuscana Pizzeria & Tuscana on Chamiers. I am delighted that you have experienced Italy in our own namma Chennai. I am glad that you have loved our yummy wood fired Pizza's. We call our Pesto Pizza "OXYGEN" because these are the two things nobody can live without.
I am glad you have & will be returning to our restaurants for more. After all, that's what life is about, right?
Cheers.
Vipin Sachdev

Chennai
“PIZZAS, PIAGGIO AND A LOT MORE FROM TUSCANA”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Well I became a fan of their staff when they so gracefully and gleefully agreed to my friend’s embarrassing yet charming request for a reservation past the serving hours on a late Saturday afternoon at the Tuscana Pizzeria. Now if you had the eye, the locales around Wallace Garden where this joint rests in a quiet corner sequestered by lush bushes would seem like the environs of a medieval Italian town not much different from the Comune di Tuscania and if that does not work there are a couple of old Piaggio scooters painted in vivid red and green that welcome you at the entrance.
Thanks to the laziness of a summer weekend we were the only guests for lunch and had all the attention of the staff that offered a very prompt service and made excellent recommendations. We were expectedly starving and started off with the fresh baked baguette slices topped with aromatic saffron infused crispy rice balls with shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese with the remnant fragrance of pungent garlic and extra virgin olive oil that is always an olfactory delight. Pizza was of crisp, thin, golden crust perfectly baked in wood-fired oven with melting mozzarella and topped with shredded parmesan, Italian pancetta bacon, exotic avocados and asparagus and looked as picture perfect as the appetizing scenic portraits on the cream walls. Next was my favourite gnocchi filled with minced chicken, pumpkin and rosted cashew nuts and it had all these different flavours blended together by no less than a craftsman. And finally this grandiose meal concluded with a lovely dark chocolate calzone also filled with juicy flavourful raspberries.
I look forward to sample a lot more from their menu on my next visit and hope there would be exciting new additions. Lunch for two costs approximately 1000 INR without beverages.

• Visited February 2012
Dear Advyit,
I am feeling elated with your detailed review on our restaurant. Thank you.
I am glad that my team welcomed you past the restaurant timings & served your friends & you that you all loved the entire experience. The Gnocchi filled with minced chicken, pumpkin and roasted cashew nuts is one of the favourite dishes too & now a days many guests are appreciating this particular dish. Well tonight I will also have this for dinner.
I look forward to your continued visits.
Bassano Del Grappa, Italy
“A great Italian pizza”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Being an Italian I'm surprised that the pizza here is really excellent, not all Italian pizzeria are as good. Bear in mind that also prices are like the quality, same as the Italian's

Dear friend,
Ti ringrazio for your wonderful feedback.
Sono felice that you enjoyed the experience in our restaurant & I look forward to your continued visits when ever you are in Chennai. I trust you will also support us by letting your friends & acquaintances know about our restaurant.
Maria ;)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Great pizza & environment”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Delicious Mediterranean pizza in a great setting. The staff were very helpful and we loved seeing how the pizzas were made too.

• Visited December 2011
VipinSachdev, Owner at Tuscana Pizzeria, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Dear Allison,
So nice & sweet of you posting a review on Tuscana Pizzeria. I am glad you not only loved the food & service but also enjoyed learning the Pizza making process.
I invite you to our central kitchen where in you can see all the breads, desserts, gelato, veg prep & meat prep being made for all our 4 restaurants in Chennai. You may contact me on 98410 22622.
I note that in the ratings of yours that you also have visited & then rated Kryptos by Willi that is our Greek/Cypriot restaurant. I request that when you have the time, you may please post a feedback/review on Kryptos by Willi too.
I thank you for your visit & look forward to your continued patronage.
Thank & Regards.
Chennai (Madras), India
“Vipin does it better than Italians”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

An excellent place with an even more excellent food. Cheers

Dear Amit,
Thank you for your review, visits & continued patronage. I am glad that your family & you have loved Tuscana Pizzeria since launching on Nov 2nd, 2009.
I am glad we met in Tuscana Pizzeria in 2009 & became friends, I am delighted that you visit Tuscana Pizzeria a lot, about 10 times a month & have been sending me sms feedbacks on all your visits. These constant feedback's keep us on our toes & in the path of continual improvement. Your recent sms on a delivery order from you not being accepted last saturday was because of too many home deliveries pending in the restaurant which was the reason my team did not accept your order. Well after your sms, i have addressed this situation & we now have increased our delivery boys from 2 to 3, hence more home deliveries can be made & in time.

Thank you for being there for us.
Regards. Vipin.