“This is what real pizza is supposed to taste like...!”
Review of Tuscana Pizzeria

Tuscana Pizzeria
Ranked #42 of 6,662 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: "A classic wood fired pizzeria created by Vipin Sachdev & Chef Willi brings the very best of authentic Italian food to the city. Tucked away in the upcoming area of Khader Nawaz Khan, we offer thin crust wood fired pizza with 4 different bases- Classic refined wheat, Whole wheat, Multigrain and Gluten free, presented in rustic wooden platter which adds originality to a flavorful experience. Our pizzeria is complemented by the addition of delectable risottos and inviting pastas, where we also offer a range of eggless, homemade and gluten free options. The trophy tiramisu is just one of our many devoured desserts, which complemented by an espresso is the perfect end to an authentic savored Italian experience. The Tuscana team extends a warm welcome to you and we hope you give us the honor of unleashing your taste buds while we delightfully serve you. "
Chennai (Madras), India
“This is what real pizza is supposed to taste like...!”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

If you are bored with fast food pizza chains in the city and would like to taste the authentic Italian pizza, your search will end at this place. This wonderful restaurant offers the best pizza in town, the real deal!

This thin crusted, delicious stuff would make you visit the restaurant again and again
which is well complemented by an attentive and prompt staff.

A must visit for pizza lovers in Chennai.

• Visited December 2011
VipinSachdev, Owner at Tuscana Pizzeria, responded to this review, February 19, 2012
Dear Friend,
Thank you for your review & for the compliments. I am glad you a regular visitor & I thank you for your business & look forward to your continued patronage.
You may also visit our other restaurants that are seen on tripadvisor. “Burgundy’s” 4900 1000, The lifestyle bar “The B Bar” 4900 1010, “Kryptos by Willi 4503 8001” & “Tuscana on Chamiers by Willi 4500 0008”.
Regards, Vipin Sachdev.

“The best Italian restaurant in Chennai”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Tuscana is one of my favourite !! The ambience , though not very Italian or Mediterranean , is good enough for a pizzeria .. The waiters are a bunch of enthusiastic boys and sometimes are more than willing to help you with the menu.
The mushroom soup is out of the world ! It has a unique texture and and a lovely creamy taste !! ( though of late, the taste has slightly changed ).. The starters are not anything worthy to be mentioned. The Pizzas are thin crusted and tastes yummy. So do the pastas. The desserts though are a let down and they don't have gelatos (?!?).

But overall it's a great experience dining in Tuscana

VipinSachdev, Owner at Tuscana Pizzeria, responded to this review, February 18, 2012
Dear Sriraam,
Thank you for taking out time to write about your experience. Also thank you for the compliments.
We tried our best to create the Italian interiors but decided to then keep it for our restaurant format which is “Tuscana on Chamiers by Willi 4500 0008”. The interiors in this restaurant that is diagonally opposite the “IN” gate of Park Sheraton in Chamiers road will surely make you experience 100% of Italy in namma Chennai.
I am sad that we were not able to delight you with our desserts & on the day of your visit we were not able to serve you Gelato’s. The Gelatos are available now & I believe you will enjoy the desserts on your next visit.
Please do visit us again with your friends and family. I thank you for your business & look forward to your continued patronage.
Canazei, Italy
“And YESS there is a really good Pizza (from one who is Italian)”
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Been there 1 time in October and again another time in November and both time the pizza was really good, service nice. Desert really good aswell. If you like eat well u can't go wrong here.
The restaurant is clean and the presentation of the plates is good.
I had pizza and I have to tell that it was really good and really similiar to the one w\I eat back home in Italy

• Visited November 2011
Dear Francesco,
Thank you for taking out time to write your wonderful experience. It really feels very nice when it comes from a true Italian.
Chennai (Madras), India
“Just Delicious”
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Tuscana is the place to go in Chennai for just about anything italian. Their wood fired pizzas are literally the best in the city and so are the pastas and accompaniments. Their service is great and though we kept changing our desert preferences, there was never a murmur and we got what we finally decided upon. A lovely place to go and have a most satisfying meal with the family or friends. Would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to enjoy a lovely meal, while in the city of Chennai.

• Visited December 2011
Dear Pradeep,
Thank you for taking out time to write a sweet review. Also thank you for the compliments.
Our Pizza ovens have been designed & constructed internally by us after many weeks of planning, construction & demolition. I recall we constructed a pair & after a few weeks of testing in 2009 demolished these & reconstructed with a few design/dimension changes just to get the authentic Pizza out of these ovens. Chef Willi proudly calls these 2 ovens his lovely girl friends.
Many guests have been packing our Pizzas & Tiramisu & carry it to different cities of India & abroad. I recall an expat guest even carrying these to the UK. Your description of “literally the best in the city” makes me feel elated. Thank you.
New Delhi, India
“Gets better each time...Amazing!!”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

On my recent visit to Chennai I went to Tuscana Pizzeria. The wood fired
pizzas were so so good-I have never eaten anything like that in Delhi. I
tried the whole wheat version and I could hardly tell the difference-there
was no difference in taste. I am so glad they have that as many people like
to opt for whole wheat of which they have a choice. I did not try the whole
wheat pastas and gluten-free pastas which were there too...maybe the next
time. What I really liked about the ambience is the tables close to each
other and their quick and efficient service-kind of reminds me of
restaurants in Europe where the seating is always very very close. I highly
recommend this place to all of you. And yes, the tiramisu....do not miss it.

• Visited November 2011
VipinSachdev, Owner at Tuscana Pizzeria, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Dear Friend from Delhi,
It is great to know that on your visits to Chennai you have been experiencing our restaurants. Thank you very much. I have loved going through your review.
Chennaites are very health conscious & about 40% of the Pizzas's that we serve are the whole wheat base. Soon we will be launching Rye base Pizza's too.
Cheers.