“A good place for Oriental Cuisine”
Review of Hip Asia

Hip Asia
Ranked #241 of 6,640 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Chennai
“A good place for Oriental Cuisine”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The place is in Taj Connemara. The place is truly hip. The food is great but the price is a little high but worth the try. The service staff is good and friendly. The decor is nice and welcoming.

• Visited April 2012

Chennai (Madras), India
“Chefs gone crazy programme was great”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We have been to this resturent several times and these were mostly during their Chefs gone crazy programme every saterday.Thereafter we went there last month and had their set meal.Though the quality of food is very good we cannot forget the chefs gone crazy programme where you just need to say whether you veg or non-veg and the chefs keep creating the dishes according to their wishes.Regarding service Taj group needs no certificate.We wish similar programme is repeated.

• Visited January 2013
“Great panasian food”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

One of our favourite restaurants in Chennai, our family visits this restaurant quite often. Their Japanese dishes are delicious and our favourite is their beef Udon soup. A huge dish, it can be quite filling- I can never finish it. The sushi is also excellent. My husband is vegetarian and loves their Vietnamese veg fried rice. I would highly recommend it for both vegetarians and meat eaters.

Visited October 2012
Wellington Town, Tamil Nadu, India
“A bit pricey but worth it”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had some really good food here and went back three nights in a row it was so good. It's a little expensive but the food was really good. Try the seared tuna - amazing!

• Visited December 2012
Chennai
“Perfect food eaten in peace”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

At the Connemara, I have only visited the Raintree. So when a friend invited me to join her at the Hip Asia, I was curious but apprehensive as I am not a fan of East Asian food. Being a vegetarian, the choices are usually limited. My friend ordered for me thankfully since the menu was quite wide and interesting, leaving me totally confused. We ordered a plate of fried rice, a plate of noodles and a thai curry. No, the names were much fancier - wish I could remember them. The tastes I do remember. Nothing was strong - a whole melange of subtle flavours. And the service matched. At no point were we being overpowered by the waiter or did we have our plates empty! The dessert was perfectly served even though we asked for one portion of apple-cinnamon cheese cake to be shared amongst three of us. It was plated beautifully and served to each of us. Surprisingly the restuarant was empty, but that made the evening even more pleasant.

• Visited November 2012