“Tasty South-Indian Food!”
Review of I D

I D
Ranked #553 of 7,122 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Cuisines: Indian
Neighborhood: Royapettah
Description: Outstanding South Indian food. Awesome idles, flavoured dosas and other south Indian dishes coupled with great service.
Reviewed April 28, 2019

Two days ago, I visited ID after so many years. The restaurant wasn't crowded and, I quickly got a table. My order was for a Roasted Garlic Dosa, Idly and a Black Tea. Their service was fast. My order got served in just a few minutes. The dosa was delicious. Right after the dosa, I had the idlis served. The idly was very soft and, it literally felt like it was melting in my mouth. I've missed that feeling for a long time! The Black Tea was mild, just like the way I prefer it. I also did order takeout for Idly and Rava Dosa which was good. It was nice to know that their quality of food is still the same. There are seats by the counter where you can see your order getting prepared. ID is a vegetarian only restaurant and has vegan options. They also have hot and cold beverages and fresh juices on their menu. Their staff was courteous and friendly during my visit. One of them kept filling the sambar cup without even asking for it. ID offers a modern ambiance while serving delicious South-Indian food. I enjoyed my visit to ID and, the delectable food made me feel a lot better after watching Avengers: Endgame.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed December 2, 2018 via mobile

Great food , south indian , utility packing , rates on higher side , but taste is good . SPI cinemas hv created this brand .

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 1, 2017 via mobile

We landed up at ID after reading positive reviews. This is more like modern south India food fast food chain, serving food in special utensils.
Food is authentic however the range is very limited. We also learnt that they are starting South Indian thali for lunch. Ambience was good , limited but regular no of customers.

Overall experience was satisfactory.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 4, 2017

ID Restaurant has its outlets in most of the malls and cinema halls in Chennai. Today we went to the restaurant situated in the first floor of the Forum Vijaya Mall at Vadapalani, Chennai, after watching a movie in the third floor. Quality of the items served was good but the rates were somewhat on the high side. This was, of course, expected. Service was good. Ambience is also good. This is a pure vegetarian restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed February 27, 2017

In Chennai it is difficult to stand out if you serve south indian. But this is exactly what I D does. Fantastic taste and the dishes are served impeccably and with perfect service to match. Every dish is special btut you can try mix veg uttapam and appam with stew

Date of visit: October 2016