“not worth”
Review of I D

I D
Ranked #1,233 of 6,671 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Outstanding South Indian food. Awesome idles, flavoured dosas and other south Indian dishes coupled with great service.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“not worth”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I went with family on a weekend. The service was one of the worst possible. The place is supposedly specialist in Dosas. we had some different types of Dosas, but none of them were good or impressed. will never go there again. But the desert kasi halwa was good and we had to ask for seconds.

Visited June 2013

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“Awesomeness”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I've been wanting to go to ID for ages, and it has been always crowded whenever I've tried to approach it after a movie in Sathyam Cinemas. So, I didn't let go of the opportunity when they opened it in Phoenix Market City. Surprisingly it wasn't too crowded here.
The ambience is not bad, with black and white alternating interiors and a steel plate on which we ought to eat whatever we order.

Now to the food.
Pure awesomeness. I have no other word to describe it. Sambhar is truly classy, idly really good and Pongal - wow!
A good south indian restaurant should pride itself in the sambhar. And ID is no worse.
Great effort has gone into the masala dosa, and it shows evidently while eating

There was one small snag though, which was taken care of well in the end.
We discovered a small stone in the pongal - which was otherwise very good, and they immediately brought a new pongal, which we refused to accept. So, they took the original pongal off the bill instead.

Service overall is pretty good. They keep refilling the hot sambhar and the three tasty chutneys.
Value for money? It's a fine dining restaurant, so you can't expect it to be very cheap, but it doesn't steal your wallet.

Will I go back? You bet I would!

• Visited June 2013
Chennai (Madras), India
“Awesome South Indian food”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We go to ID very often - love the dosas and the vadas .. Fresh n served to you off the stove.. Onion Rava dosa is a killer !!
It's an open kitchen and u can sit around the counter If u like - we always do that and love it
Weekends may get crowded but it's a fast moving crowd n turns around quickly
Service is quite nice.. Parking may be a pain at Sathyam especially the weekend

Food in general is very very good. We tried the new ID at the Phoenix mall velacherry yesterday - very nice and spacious restaurant and top class food and service
No counter service here but !! Pls add soon

• Visited February 2013
Chennai (Madras), India
“Authentic South Indian food!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Idlis are very soft. Dosas and vadas are very crisp. Even the cutlery is classy. Kinda expensive, but worth a visit!

Visited April 2013
Chennai (Madras), India
“VMP (Value for money multiplex)”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is the best maintained multiplex, offering very good food at decent price. The theatres are awesome, gaming centre & ecstacy are excellent, restaurants are very good. This place is just brilliant. Kudos to the management.

Visited October 2012