“Don't get confused by the name; Keys Katti-Ma is a great choice!”

Keys Hotel Katti Ma, Chennai
Ranked #55 of 388 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Don't get confused by the name; Keys Katti-Ma is a great choice!”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I had to spend 4 nights in Chennai with family i.e. self, spouse and two kids. I inquired about the tariff and facilities from 4-5 select properties and Keys Katti-Ma was one, as it is located close to my office and is in the upmarket area of Adyar-Thiruvanmiyur, with beaches, shopping and restaurants close by.

I chose Keys Katti-Ma as they offered the best all inclusive package (continental plan) with a King-bed, non-smoking room. We were checking in late and I was looking forward to the experience of staying in a hotel in a city that was home to us for more than a decade.

The experience was great from the word go. Courteous staff, smooth check in and a neat and clean room. We were offered an extra bed without charge as well. It was a very helpful gesture. The entire property is very well maintained - from the lobby to the lifts, common areas, room and washrooms. Extremely important and not very common at non-branded properties (even some branded properties don't measure up)

We also liked the understated elegance of the property that reflected in the decor, bed linen, room stationery right to the restaurant and entire staff. This makes the property score higher than the official stars it may have got.

We had breakfast at the cafe every morning, and it was good, if not great. The spread was decent, and the staff very helpful yet unobtrusive.

I really liked the pre-check out draft invoice and communication that welcomed us on the last night. Very thoughtful to help the customer check on the expenses and be ready to settle the bills.

The checkout process was smooth as well. I'd like to make special mention of the lady at the reception, who made good friends with my younger son, and took the effort of seeing us off at the hotel portico. Sorry Ma'm, I did not get your name, but you're doing a great job. So is everyone else at Keys Katti-Ma.

I obviously had a very good stay at Keys Katti-Ma. Then why did I hold back a 5-star rating? Only because the property lacks a swimming pool and at least one more dining option. Both are a must for families with kids. I'm not sure if they can do anything about it.

Would I return to Keys Katti-Ma? On business trips, sure! I'd also return and recommend for short family stays, but longer stays may get a tad boring for the kids especially.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with King bed, and on the higher floors.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
vaishakh_surendran, Manager at Keys Hotel Katti Ma, Chennai, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Sir,

My team joins me in thanking you so much for your candid feedback on this august forum. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Vaishakh Surendran ( Hotel Manager )

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed March 25, 2014

It was only an overnight stay at Keys Kattima, Chennai and that too a late check-in and an early check-out. For a business traveller like me - efficiency has a lot of premium value and once again this hotel did delight me. As a frequent visitor to this hotel - the recall is high (that's always a pleasure) and the attention to detail like a non-smoking room / floor is quite welcome. Has all the amenities that a good business hotel needs to keep sans frills. Their food is especially very good, homely food - do check out their selection of homely food.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
vaishakh_surendran, Manager at Keys Hotel Katti Ma, Chennai, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your candid review on this august forum. We are glad that enjoy staying with us.

We look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Goa Velha, India
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed for 4 nights at Keys, Chennai. It was a nice experience as hotel had expected facilities. Room was very pleasant with necessary amenities that gave comfort. It was very safe, clean and tidy. I had a three star stay experience.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
vaishakh_surendran, Manager at Keys Hotel Katti Ma, Chennai, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your candid review.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Bangalore
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights at keys , it was a great experience and also service was really good. I could check in late and also could check out late without extra charges . Hotel wifi was really good. Best part is you have everything you need from iron box, iron stand, hair dryer , hot water kettle etc etc..

Stayed February 2014
vaishakh_surendran, Manager at Keys Hotel Katti Ma, Chennai, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel on this august forum. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 2 days and the entire experience was awesome!
Good points:
i) Room is good, well maintained and neat.
ii) Room has an iron box and an iron board: i had been to chennai to attend an event and regardless of how well we pack the luggage, sometimes few clothes do get crushed. But with this my problem was sorted out.
iii) Room has a safe with which i was assured that my important personal belongings are safe.
iv) Room also has hair dryer, tea/coffee can also be made in the room.
v) Staff is very very courteous and helpful.
vi) Its in a strategic location in thiruvanmiyur. Very close to the main bus stand as well as the main road.

Can be improved:
When I checked in the room, the ac was not working properly and also when i switched on the tv, an error was thrown 'insert card'.. Though it was rectified immediately as soon as i made the call to the reception.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
vaishakh_surendran, Manager at Keys Hotel Katti Ma, Chennai, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Hi Ma'am,

Thank you so much for your candid review of my hotel on this august forum. I am glad that you have liked our rooms and service. Please accept my sincere apologies for the air conditioning and TV issues on checking in to your room. Do let me know regarding your next trip to Chennai and I will ensure that you will have yet another hassle free stay with us.

Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Starting from the Welcome Greeting, even though it was really not a warm welcome made by your welcome staff, it was good. Provided with refreshments in order to get rid of the time being tiredness. I had to wait to check in so the check in was not that smooth. The Reception staff didn't explained anything regarding the booking or the room. Neither no staff has directed me to the room nor explained the facilities of the room. All these things were expected for a chain of business hotels like this but it was like normal average business hotel. Room was pretty clean, good and comfortable but without toiletries. That was quite bad. People has to carry all toiletries except bathing towel and body/hand wash liquid. Room service and house keeping was excellent. Complimentary Breakfast was excellent that they had provided buffet breakfast constituting of Indian and American type of dishes. Apart from it the Complimentary Wifi Internet access was also too good that there is an average downlink of 1Mbps. Communication skills of the house keeping and room service staffs were good.
Overall it was an Comfy stay at this property.

Room Tip: People has to carry all toiletries except bathing towel and body/hand wash liquid.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on this august forum. Going by your review, I believe that ours was not the kind of hotel you were expecting. We are a budget / business hotel where we offer good rooms with an emphasis on value for money. Unlike the regular hotels that you may have stayed at, we offer minimal amenities in the room ( missing toiletries, minibar etc ). The lack of toiletries are a concept that you will find in many hotels & chains across India and abroad. This has also been mandated by Ministry of Environment, Government of India. However you must have noticed a Tent card in your bathroom which states that toiletries would be provided on request. Most Business travelers are aware of this practice. As per our service design, we do not have bell desk assistance at Front Office. However we do do help in case there are many bags and to senior citizens and our lady guests. I believe you had to wait for 30 mts to get your room, as you arrived around 11am. Our checkouts were in process and rooms were getting serviced. We did not have prior information about your early arrival. Our standard check in time is 12 noon. My apologies for the let down in service as per your expectations. Please do let me know regarding your next visit & I shall ensure that you have a great time. Cheers ! Vaishakh Surendran ( Hotel Manager )
UAE
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stayed with family in Keys Katti Maa in Thiruvamayur last week and was very happy with its location and proximity to son's VIT college in Vandalur .
The rooms were clean and with all amenities in place .
Extra bed was provided as per booking with no need to remind the reservation staff .
FO staff especially the male staff in the evening was very efficient with quick checkin .

Restaurant is smartly designed and breakfast tasty and offered bit of variety .
Though there was a mix up over complimentary breakfast being charged inadverdently, it was quickly rectified .

Overall very satisfied with service and rooms ....Thank u guys !
Would definitely stay here on my next trip to Chennai

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
vaishakh_surendran, Manager at Keys Hotel Katti Ma, Chennai, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your kind words on this august forum, which am sure will keep us motivated to walk the extra mile to ensure a seamless stay. Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Cheers ! Vaishakh Surendran ( Hotel Manager )