“Barely anything” 2 of 5 bubbles

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Barely anything”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Went there with a lot foe expectations. There was barely anything there. A church which looked abandoned. the place is poorly maintained. the only thing worth saying is that the view of the city from there is really good. nothing else. But Google earth gives a better view. Would avoid the place if i were you.

Visited April 2012

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“St Thomas shrine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

This is a must visit for religious tourist ... If you would like to know the history of Christianity in India. St Thomas' relic is said to be here.

Visited July 2011
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Scenic Shrine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

One of my Favourite Spot in chennai and the fact is, it is very close to my place.The place is Neat and Clean now a days and has one of the Oldest Church in Chennai. One can see the Take Offs and Landings at Chennai Airport from the Mount. The Place is good for a morning walk. A very Calm Place.

Visited May 2012
Chennai (Madras), India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Shrine of St.Thomas and Our lady of Good Health”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Welcome for the Feast on 5th and 6th May 2012. This is the only Shrine for two Saints. This the place where St.Thomas Stayed and preached the good news of god. The Shrine has following places to visit.
Alter of St.Thomas
Cross carved by St.Thomas
Water pond digged by St.Thomas which in the mountain which never dries

Visited April 2012
2 Thank selection11
Chennai
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A must visit church - I find peace here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

In 2008, when I was new in Chennai I happened to see a statue in little mount (chinnamalai, Saidapet) which attracted me. I followed it and reached this church and it was wow I found peace there!
No one talked much about this church, though it is one of the tourist spots in chennai. I did not know the history, I was only in search of peace and I found it there, I would say.
As mentioned in the other comment, there is a small cave (a very cool place to beat the heat of chennai) which is the attraction point in this church. I find lot of crowd in and around church, but when I get into the cave and sit there for a while I will feel as if I am meditating. It's a good feeling and it is worth visiting this place in chennai.

Visited July 2011